• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Brown Rings from Pots & Pans: Prevention & Cleaning

In summary, the issue seems to be with the bottom of the pan or the burner itself. You can try to clean it with a paste of baking soda and water, or put the pan in the dishwasher.
jrstephens
What causes and how do you get rid of those brown rings that form on the bottom of pots and pans? I hate them but cannot get rid of them. I have a Gen II pan that has them awful. My Executive does not have them yet, so, I want to know how to prevent and clean them if it happens.

I don't know. Mine has them (if I'm understanding what you mean), but I figure that just shows that I use them at home.

I dont know if this actually works...but along time ago I heard that if you put KETCHUP on the bottom of the pan and leave it over night, the acid gets rid of those rings...I guess its worth a try?

Are they on the inside or the outside?

DebbieJ said:
Are they on the inside or the outside?

One the bottom where they sit on the burner.

Just curious, Jennifer. Are you cooking on an electric or gas stove? Mine is gas, and I figured that was part of the problem.

I've got electric (hate it - upgrading to gas when I redo the kitchen next year), and I have some dark rings on the bottoms of my professional cookware. The only time it bothers me is when I am taking them to a show. And now I take my Exec. saute pan, which has only been used once - so it's still clean.

raebates said:
Just curious, Jennifer. Are you cooking on an electric or gas stove? Mine is gas, and I figured that was part of the problem.

Mine is electric! So, gas is not the problem!

I use to think it was the quality of the pan until I got PC's and I know that is not the cause.

My executive set is doing the same thing. I have had good luck in using a paste of bar keepers secret and water to get the rings off.

I also have a set of (don't laugh) Amway's Queen Anne cookware that is about 10 years old without the rings. Very Strange!

I think I may know - it is from the burner or the bottom of the pan having debris (water, food particles, dirt, etc.) on it. My 8" did not have it until I washed it quickly and then put it on the stove without completely drying the bottom.

I have made an effort not to do this with any of my other pans and none have the ring - until this weekend when I was cooking on the 10" and I had some cake batter that I had dripped on the burner by accident and forgot to clean up. When I thought about the pan I picked up the bottom had the ring.

Just my two sense. I tried the baking soda and it worked a little, but not much.

I thought something might be on my burners, so I put them in the dishwasher -- no luck still creates rings on the PC pans.

1. How do I prevent brown rings from forming on my pots and pans?

To prevent brown rings from forming on your pots and pans, it is important to properly season them before use. This can be done by heating a small amount of oil in the pan and then wiping it with a paper towel. It is also important to avoid cooking acidic or sugary foods in the pan, as they can cause discoloration.

2. Why do brown rings form on some pots and pans?

Brown rings can form on pots and pans due to a variety of reasons. One common cause is cooking acidic or sugary foods, such as tomato sauce or caramel, in the pan. Another cause can be not properly seasoning the pan before use.

3. How do I clean brown rings off of my pots and pans?

To clean brown rings off of your pots and pans, you can use a mixture of equal parts vinegar and water. Heat the mixture in the pan and let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive scrubber. You can also use a paste made of baking soda and water to scrub off the brown rings.

4. Can I use steel wool to remove brown rings from my pots and pans?

No, it is not recommended to use steel wool to remove brown rings from pots and pans as it can scratch the surface and damage the non-stick coating. It is best to use a non-abrasive scrubber or a paste made of baking soda and water.

5. How often should I clean my pots and pans to prevent brown rings?

It is recommended to clean your pots and pans after each use to prevent the buildup of brown rings. If you do notice brown rings forming, it is important to clean them off as soon as possible to prevent them from becoming more difficult to remove.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
fruit76loop
  • bridgetbakes
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefNic
  • JulieHaak