• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reminder: Columbus Day on 10/13 - Banks Closed, No Mail Delivery Tomorrow

In summary, tomorrow is Columbus Day and banks are not open, so people are having to take other measures to get their work done. There is still mail delivery, but some places have restricted hours.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Tomorrow is Columbus Day - no banks open or mail...

...just realized that as I was planning to go to the bank AND ship things!

Crap, I have to go to the bank! I also have a host who was supposed to mail me something tomorrow.

From the update thread, On This Day In History......in 1492, Christopher Columbus arrived in the new world. He was the ultimate politician: When he left Europe, he had no idea where he was going. When he arrived, he had no idea where he was. When he returned, he had no idea where he had been - and he made the entire trip with someone else's money.And today, his day is celebrated the day after his day so mail carriers and bankers get a day off.

I am so upset that there's no mail tomorrow. :cry: I need to get invitations for my show out ASAP. I had computer and printer trouble last week, and then was crazy getting ready for my booth on Saturday, that I ran out of time. :( Now the invitations are getting to people with only 1 week notice! Yikes! :eek: Never again will I drop the ball on getting invites out. I hope my host has been talking to people. I'm so ashamed that I haven't gotten them off, I'm nervous to talk to my host. :blushing:

babywings76 said:
I am so upset that there's no mail tomorrow. :cry: I need to get invitations for my show out ASAP. I had computer and printer trouble last week, and then was crazy getting ready for my booth on Saturday, that I ran out of time. :( Now the invitations are getting to people with only 1 week notice! Yikes! :eek: Never again will I drop the ball on getting invites out. I hope my host has been talking to people. I'm so ashamed that I haven't gotten them off, I'm nervous to talk to my host. :blushing:

Don't worry! Just tell your host the truth, you're only human;)

yep~had intended to send your check and a letter for Sammie from Rachel!!! It will all go out tomorrow!

chefmeg said:
yep~had intended to send your check and a letter for Sammie from Rachel!!! It will all go out tomorrow!

No problem Meg! :)

I knew this and I was still planning on going out in a few minutes to the bank and PO. Good thing this thread was bumped first! :thumbup:

BethCooks4U said:
I knew this and I was still planning on going out in a few minutes to the bank and PO. Good thing this thread was bumped first! :thumbup:

Glad we saved you time and gas Beth! :D

You know there is no delivery today BUT you can still mail stuff - the processing stuff continues - that is if you have stamps etc at home - Some places have certain post offices that will be open restricted hours as well.

I went to the mailbox this morning was 'relieved' not to have mail (that means no bills)... but now I know why.. haha
I have a host who put money for her SEPTEMBER show in the mail yesterday!! I reminded her numerous times that I have to submit by Wednesday night... I HATE doing this, but it looks like I may have to put money in my PC bank account so I can submit her show.. GRRRR

Unfortch for me tho, the Street is open - stock markets are trading, so I'm at work.

1. What is Columbus Day?

Columbus Day is a federal holiday that commemorates the arrival of Christopher Columbus to the Americas on October 12, 1492. It is observed on the second Monday in October every year.

2. Why are banks closed on Columbus Day?

Columbus Day is recognized as a federal holiday, so banks and other financial institutions are closed in observance of this day.

3. Will there be mail delivery on Columbus Day?

No, there will be no mail delivery on Columbus Day as it is a federal holiday and post offices are closed.

4. Are Pampered Chef stores open on Columbus Day?

Yes, our stores will be open on Columbus Day. However, please note that some of our consultants may choose to take the day off in observance of the holiday.

5. Is Columbus Day a major shopping holiday?

Columbus Day is not considered a major shopping holiday. While some retailers may offer sales and promotions, it is not as widely recognized as other holidays such as Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
  • babywings76