• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Remember the Nasty Ear?? (Don't Worry - No Photos...yet)

In summary, the conversation was about an individual experiencing irritation and infection from wearing earrings. They tried various remedies and were seeking advice from others with similar experiences. They also discussed their love for jewelry and their upcoming appointments with an allergist.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Well...it settled down so I was wearing earrings again although it was itchy quite often. Then it got REALLY itchy so I stopped wearing earrings for a few days. The it felt better so I put in earrings for TWENTY FOUR FRICKIN HOURS...and today it's full blown NASTY again.
I am all out of the heavy duty antibiotic goop...so this time I am trying Tea Tree Oil. I really don't want to go spend another chunk o' change at the doctor over this stupid ear again...

Sounds as though you are allergic to whatever is in those earrings - whether it be gold, zinc, silver - etc - you can develop allergic reactions later on so - I would avoid them and see an allergist

Try going nickel free - Target has great Ni free earrings that are pretty inexpensive. Gold is usually very good for being non-allergenic, but of course is pricier... Silver is usually good too. I have the same problem, but so far anything Ni free has been fine.

HTH! It is such a pain to have this problem...

I am a jewelry snob - I LOVE my baubles! My studs are gold. I generally only wear gold & platinum. I have an appointment with an allergist Monday morning for all my gongestion, sneezing and general cruddiness...wish me luck girls (and guys)

Since it hasn't been that long maybe you could just call the doctor? Don't let it get worse.

Yes, since you saw the doctor in the last year, they can call in another prescription for you. When you call, describe the conditions completely and say it is the same as last time.

janetupnorth said:
Yes, since you saw the doctor in the last year, they can call in another prescription for you. When you call, describe the conditions completely and say it is the same as last time.

My doc is the king of samples...no script..he justs gave me samples :(

Carolyn,

The timing of your post is WAY too weird. This morning my 7 year old daughter woke up with the exact same symptoms you had, but on both ears (same lump, too). I came to this site, searched your last thread and showed her the picture because when I told her we needed to see the doctor, she was like NO WAY! I told her that you needed antibiotics and so does she.

We are going in on Monday. She only wears real gold, too, due to sensitivity (nickel free doesn't cut it) and only had her earrings in for 2 or 3 hours last night.

Hope your ear gets better soon!

dianevill said:
Carolyn,

The timing of your post is WAY too weird. This morning my 7 year old daughter woke up with the exact same symptoms you had, but on both ears (same lump, too). I came to this site, searched your last thread and showed her the picture because when I told her we needed to see the doctor, she was like NO WAY! I told her that you needed antibiotics and so does she.

We are going in on Monday. She only wears real gold, too, due to sensitivity (nickel free doesn't cut it) and only had her earrings in for 2 or 3 hours last night.

Hope your ear gets better soon!

Unfortunately the oral antibiox didn't help at all. It was that heavy duty ointment that made the difference. Wish I could recall the name of it - it's probably mentioned in the original thread. I hope your daughter's ear hels up FAST.

The only type of earrings I can wear are nickel free or surgical steel ones. I can't even wear real gold ones, I still get infected earlobes if I do.Target's nickel free ones I can wear. I can also wear Lia Sophia's. There is a website, called http://simplywhispers.stores.yahoo.net/, that specializes in earrings for sensitive ears.

dannyzmom said:
Unfortunately the oral antibiox didn't help at all. It was that heavy duty ointment that made the difference. Wish I could recall the name of it - it's probably mentioned in the original thread. I hope your daughter's ear hels up FAST.

Thank you - I'm going to go search for it and talk to the dr. about it. Maybe we could race - you against Elyse - whose pussiness goes away fastest:yuck: :yuck: .

dannyzmom said:
I am a jewelry snob - I LOVE my baubles! My studs are gold. I generally only wear gold & platinum. I have an appointment with an allergist Monday morning for all my gongestion, sneezing and general cruddiness...wish me luck girls (and guys)
I am going to see an allergist on Tuesday! I get sick every winter and it lasts like well, the whole winter!

dannyzmom said:
My doc is the king of samples...no script..he justs gave me samples :(
Is your cost of an appointment less than a script would be? Mine isn't. Even though he didn't write one last time he did note what he gave you on your chart. Call on Monday!

I can't wear any kind of earrings without them getting red and infected. It doesn't matter if I just put them in and straight back out, they still get red!! I hate it. I haven't been able to wear any since high school. I hope yours clears up!

Dr. Bronner's Tea Tree Oil SoapYou're right about tea tree oil - it cures a multitude of things. Here's a way to treat yourself with tea tree oil a couple times a day.

http://www.drbronner.com/store/graphics/products/OLTT32EA-t.jpg
http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/TEA.htm

From http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/TEA.htm: Tea Tree oil is a natural antiseptic that helps heal cuts and bruises as well as skin conditions like acne dermatitis and psoriasis. All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program. Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're right about tea tree oil - it cures a multitude of things. Here's a way to treat yourself with tea tree oil a couple times a day.

http://www.drbronner.com/store/graphics/products/OLTT32EA-t.jpg
http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/TEA.htm

From http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/TEA.htm: Tea Tree oil is a natural antiseptic that helps heal cuts and bruises as well as skin conditions like acne dermatitis and psoriasis. All oils and essential oils are certified organic to the National Organic Standards Program. Packaged in 100% post-consumer recycled plastic bottles.

Thanks for the info KG...I also picked up some Betadine Solution today - it totally healed up my nasty festering navel-piercing back in my wilder days so in case the TTO doesn't do the trick I'll try it.

dannyzmom said:
Thanks for the info KG...I also picked up some Betadine Solution today - it totally healed up my nasty festering navel-piercing back in my wilder days so in case the TTO doesn't do the trick I'll try it.

Sounds like you do have a problem with piercings or the metal you are using...I hope you find what you are reacting to!

Danny's mom- I hear your pain. I missed a week of work last week. I had a staph infection in my nose. My nose was swolen up like Shrek! I had what I called a "port hole" in my nose that green puss kept oozing out of. Took vicodin all week. Then alergic reaction to antibiotics and I have hives on entire body. Just peeling nose today like I got too much sun. In Oregon? not. Sorry for your pain.

Help me out here Carolyn?:confused: The last time this happened, wasn't it a holiday too?:eek: Geez! That's what I remember, anyway!
I will pray for your healing! God Bless you, my friend!:love: :) :angel: ;)

chefshawna said:
I can't wear any kind of earrings without them getting red and infected. It doesn't matter if I just put them in and straight back out, they still get red!! I hate it. I haven't been able to wear any since high school. I hope yours clears up!

Me too... I've had to give up any kind of earrings. Got 6 holes between two ears and not a one of 'em I can use. Yet my belly ring is fine. *shrug* Go figure...

lkprescott said:
Me too... I've had to give up any kind of earrings. Got 6 holes between two ears and not a one of 'em I can use. Yet my belly ring is fine. *shrug* Go figure...

Oh no!
Don't tell me this!!!
I am such a jewelry person- I HAVE to be able to wear my jewelry! It's onmly my left ear that gets all funky - my right is fine!How bizarre, huh?

^^ Carolyn.... my grandma loved jewelry, and she use to wear really heavy, long earrings and she ended up not being able to wear themanymore, because she ended up having the holes stetch to far, so she ended up wearing clip ons!!! She loved earrings so much that she refused to stop!:D :rolleyes: :D

dannyzmom said:
Oh no!
Don't tell me this!!!
I am such a jewelry person- I HAVE to be able to wear my jewelry! It's onmly my left ear that gets all funky - my right is fine!How bizarre, huh?

I cannot wear any earrings. No matter how cheap, how high price, rea, fake, sensitive, I mean NONE. Within 30 minutes of putting them in, I can barely get them out b/c my ears will be swollen!

I make up for it by never leaving the house without my rings, necklace and bracelet.

Related to Remember the Nasty Ear?? (Don't Worry - No Photos...yet)

1. What is "Remember the Nasty Ear"?

"Remember the Nasty Ear" is a popular dish from Pampered Chef that is made with ground beef, cheese, and various seasonings. It gets its name from the unique shape of the dish, which resembles a human ear.

2. Is the "Nasty Ear" dish easy to make?

Yes, the "Nasty Ear" dish is very easy to make. It only requires a few ingredients and can be prepared in under 30 minutes.

3. Can I substitute the ground beef for another type of meat?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey or chicken if you prefer. The dish will still have the same delicious flavor.

4. Can I make "Remember the Nasty Ear" ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the dish ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to bake. Just be sure to cover it with plastic wrap or foil to prevent it from drying out.

5. Can I freeze leftovers of the "Nasty Ear" dish?

Yes, you can freeze leftovers of the "Nasty Ear" dish. Just be sure to store them in an airtight container or freezer bag to maintain freshness. When ready to eat, simply thaw and reheat in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • SillyChef
  • General Chat
Replies