• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relay for Life Fundraiser-Another Question

In summary, the people letting me have a table are letting me do it, but the organizing of it is left to me. I am thinking of doing a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society with the order forms and telling the team captain that if 15 girls fill 1 sheet each that comes to 195 people buying 20.00 each of the pink items or 3900.00.
Christa
I contacted the people about having a table. They are letting me do it, but the organizing of it is left to me. So is it okay to list myself as host and
"OurTown Relay for Life" as the organization?

Plus, what do I do about pick up/delivery of items ordered in a large venue like this? Do I have everything delivered to me and then set up a day to have everyone pick up? Or meet back at the school where the event was held and let them pick up from me in the parking lot? Sorry if I sound clueless, but I sort of am:rolleyes:

i am not sure on this... but how did you go about getting hooked up with this. The company i work for is also participating in the relay for life... i did not know that other vendors could participate..

I went the www.americancancersociety.org and put in my location to find out what events were happening in my area. I have sent the attached letter to them with a copy of their donation form that you can mail to the person in charge of donations. I am hoping they will pass it on to the various teams and hopefully I will get a response. There is no phone number so I cannot follow up.:rolleyes:

How has anyone else went about contacting the RFL teams?

Attachments

• RFL letter.doc
    77.5 KB · Views: 465
rayday said:
I went the www.americancancersociety.org and put in my location to find out what events were happening in my area. I have sent the attached letter to them with a copy of their donation form that you can mail to the person in charge of donations. I am hoping they will pass it on to the various teams and hopefully I will get a response. There is no phone number so I cannot follow up.:rolleyes:

How has anyone else went about contacting the RFL teams?

This is an AWESOME letter! I encourage everyone to use it.

In addition to this, I would also like to send out a personal email to everyone that I know to ask for their help with the campaign either by purchasing a product or my getting me in touch with someone that is raising funds for RFL. Any suggestions?

I used to work for a VERY big bank and I know that there are a lot of teams here locally. However I have not been in touch in a while so I need a tactful way of asking for the referrals.

The letter is great. What are the other flyers that you are sending? Could you post them?

Relay For LifeHi Christa,

I would definitely pick a date and time to go back to the venue to deliver the products. I've done the Relay before and I think the people there would be very receptive to that idea. One thing you may want to do is make this a fundraising show and put the American Cancer Society and the name of your local unit as the host. The only reason I'm suggesting this is because I talked to a staff member of the cancer society and he said if you just sell the HWC products, it can take your local Cancer Society months to see the money since Pampered Chef donates the money on a national not local level. So it takes a while for the money to trickle down. It's still a terrific fundraiser either way you do it! Good Luck!!!!!!:)

-Marie
Allentown, PA

Thank you so much, I'm glad others can use the letter.

The other flyers that I am putting in there is the May guest special flyer. I printed off the donation form from the actual teams so they'd know where I got their information. I included my business card as well.

Here is the other flyer I put in the envelope. Someone else from the site created it and I just changed a few things for myself but here it is. (thanks again to the person who made it)

Attachments

• HWC 2.doc
    258 KB · Views: 471
I want to do a Relay for Life, but it is June 3rd. Can I ask the team Capt. to do the PC fund raiser in May & it will be added to her Relay in June? Since it is a high school, I was thinking of giving them just the order forms ( someone has them on here) & tell them that if 15 girls fill 1 sheet each that comes to 195 people buying 20.00 each of the pink items or 3900.00. So 585.00 goes right to ACS & the relay for life gets another 585. I just want to do it before June.:cool:

Ginger, I would encourage her to do a May f/r and close it the end of the month. I am doing a RFL team f/r and they already started. It will be a May show, tho, and close the end of May. Their Relay event is actually in June, but I told them may would be ideal for HWC, that people would help more because they get more giving for their $, so to speak. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, thats what I want to do. I'm gonna talk with her either tomorrow Or Monday.

Ginger

I would also say to go for May because that way you can make sure the RFL team gets there money in time for their event.

1. What is the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

The Relay for Life Fundraiser is an annual event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds for cancer research, education, and patient support programs. It is a 24-hour walk or run event where teams take turns walking around a track to symbolize the ongoing fight against cancer.

2. How can I participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

There are several ways to participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser. You can join a team and walk or run in the event, or you can volunteer to help with the planning and execution of the event. You can also make a donation to support a team or the overall fundraiser.

3. Can I organize a Pampered Chef fundraiser for Relay for Life?

Yes, you can organize a Pampered Chef fundraiser for Relay for Life. We have a special program called "Cooking for a Cause" where a portion of the sales from your fundraiser will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

4. Is there a minimum order or sales requirement for the Pampered Chef fundraiser?

No, there is no minimum order or sales requirement for the Pampered Chef fundraiser. Every little bit helps in the fight against cancer, so any amount you can raise through your fundraiser will be greatly appreciated.

5. Can I personalize the Pampered Chef products for the Relay for Life fundraiser?

Yes, you can personalize the Pampered Chef products for the Relay for Life fundraiser. Many of our products can be customized with a logo or message, making them perfect for team spirit or to show support for the cause. Contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information on personalization options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
3girls
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24
  • Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies