• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Without Being the Director: Avoiding Overwhelm

I have asked my director to add me to her email distribution list, but she won't do it. I worry that if I don't attend the cluster meetings, the new recruits will not learn as much from me as they should.My director refuses to add me to her email distribution list, so I worry that the new recruits will not learn as much from me as they should.I would suggest reaching out to your director and explaing the importance of attending the cluster meetings. If she still refuses, then you may need to find a new director.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
If you recruit someone but you are not a director yet. What are the different rolls? How is there no overlapping of information so that the new person doesn't get overwhelmed as to who is who. How is this communicated?

IMO its a relationship you build between you and your director to work with your new recruit and that you communicate well with each other (you and director) to ensure you're not overwhelming/confusing the recruit. If you're new and its your first I would recommend 3 way calls between you, your D and the new recruit so that you can get the hang of the ropes, know what its being said (from all parties) and learn as you go.

Some consultants I have that don't want to recruit b/c they don't want to deal with any of that, I let them know that I will work with their recruits but that is my choice - need to see what the game plan is between you and your director.

The recruiter is a leader in training so with the first couple of recruits as a director I train in tandum with them. I do 3-way calls and copy them on emails. I do ask the new recruit what the recruiter has helped them with so far and their answer guides me on how to handle the info. I always tell them that they can contact me if they need anything and that I will be in contact as well but if their recruiter is already teaching them the ropes I step back and let them at it - contacting the recruiter from time to time to see if they have questions and the recruit to see if they need anything. Frankly, though, my team calls me freely with any questions or guidance they need so it's really easy for me to know what's going on.

For our team, the recruiter emails a welcome email and advice to their new teammate and bcc's me. I then follow up with an intro/welcome email and a couple of suggestions.

If there is communication from the new recruit for me...I try and remember to bcc the recruiter. Usually though I just recap what kind of info has been shared via an email, text or call to recruiter. Depending on the recruiter's desire to train, I follow suit...whether it's to handle the training directly or sit back in a supporting role.

I add all new recruits to team ctcs so that just 1 email is being circulated to all.

Usually the new recruit will approach the same person for all info...whereever the connection is made is where the development occurs. Some recruits will reach out to their recruiter...others to the director and others to me. =)

We're all pretty decent at sharing and communicating with one another so this approach has worked for us.

I agree that you and your director should discuss the plan of action...share what it is YOU want. It helps everyone stay on the same page and it's your team growth, so you do and should have the main deciding factor. =)

Congrats and good luck! Have fun!

Awesome. Thank you! Gave me more of a system in my head. I was wondering how to seperate but also be there in the event you have a very active or non active recruit.

I am no longer living near my director and am recruiting. I have asked that I am the one that emails them and she has still adding them to all her email lists even the ones that pertain to stuff in the state where she is at. Is there anyway to stop this? I am at the point I just want to be on my own and do not like the way she runs her business (shady at times or promises that are not kept). My team just went from 3 to 6 in the last two days. Any suggestions to help with this situation?

HAHA, just came here... I was thinking that must be one really good ROLL if you are looking online for the owner. Get it?!?!?! ROLL - ROLE ... sorry had to share.

Sorry...Typo. : )

I'm a Team Leader and train all my new recruits (after my director trained the first one with me) UNLESS there is a scheduling conflict. My group of seven consultants attend my director's cluster meetings. Next month, i MAY be a director, but will probably still go to my directors meetings. I work full time and it's hard for me to plan YET find a place to hold 7 consultants.

Related to Recruiting Without Being the Director: Avoiding Overwhelm

1. How can I effectively recruit without becoming a Director?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can still recruit without becoming a Director by utilizing the "Sponsoring" option in your back office. This allows you to add new team members to your downline without taking on the responsibilities and obligations of a Director.

2. What are some tips for avoiding overwhelm while recruiting?

Some tips for avoiding overwhelm while recruiting include setting realistic goals, prioritizing your time, and utilizing resources such as training materials and team support. It's also important to take breaks and focus on self-care to prevent burnout.

3. Can I still earn bonuses and rewards through recruiting without becoming a Director?

Yes, you can still earn bonuses and rewards through recruiting without becoming a Director. Pampered Chef offers a variety of incentives for sponsoring new team members, such as free products and cash bonuses.

4. How can I find potential recruits without being pushy or salesy?

Networking and building relationships is key when it comes to recruiting without being pushy or salesy. Utilize social media, host cooking classes and parties, and attend local events to connect with potential recruits and share your love for Pampered Chef in a natural and genuine way.

5. Are there any training resources available for learning how to effectively recruit without becoming a Director?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of training resources for consultants, including webinars, videos, and in-person training events. You can also connect with your upline or fellow consultants for tips and advice on successful recruiting strategies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • cathyskitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • otisbg