• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting on Military Bases: Any Tips or Advice?

Being a consultant also helps with the "security blanket" of having a steady income. Thank you for the question!
kisrae
Gold Member
It has been a long time since I've been an CS but I new this is were I could find the answers. THANKS LADIES!!

I have consultant who will be going to Germany to visit her boyfriend and she might be moving there in the spring. She will be doing a show while she is there and wants to try to recruit at the same time. I'm not sure how it works on Miltary bases of if there is a differance. Can anyone give me some tips or info I should tell her.
You can email mail me directly if you want. [email protected]

Thanks

I'm on a military base in Japan. We can't stand in front of the Exchange (our retail store) or the Commissary (our grocery store) and solicit and we can't go door-to-door. But recruiting at a show is fine. Here in Japan, there are extra stipulations for being a consultant. We have to get a (free) business license from the base saying that we can do a home based business in base housing/on base. There are certain rules that we have to follow ... we can't do "ship to host" since military regulations prohibit us from getting mail for others. That same rule also prohibits us from collecting "cash & carry" items. If we get caught violating the mail regulations we would be looking at losing our mailbox privileges, getting in trouble with the sponsoring command and possibly loosing command sponsorship ... what they call ERD (Early Return of Dependents). We do not pay import taxes, so we are prohibited from selling to the Japanese Locals. Violating Customs Regulations could earn us an ERD as well as criminal charges/fees with Japanese Customs too.As long as her military recruits READ and follow all the rules & regulations set forth by their local base, they'll be okay. It's the ones who disregard the rules that get into trouble.

Thank yo for the info. I"ll pass it on to her. That helps me a lot.
Happy Thanksgiving.

You are welcome. And Happy Thanksgiving to you too! :D

I was a consultant on post in Germany and the rules were pretty much the same as Sheila stated above. I will add that recruiting military is fantastic because you are giving them the opportunity for a business that can move with them. Being military we move every 2-4 years and it was difficult to have a job, get a promotion, be moving up in the company or business I was working with and then have to quit and start all over at the next location. Yes, starting your business over with complete strangers every couple of years is no picnic but it helps me to get to meet new people and make new friends much faster than normal.

Related to Recruiting on Military Bases: Any Tips or Advice?

What is the process for recruiting on a military base?

The process for recruiting on a military base may vary depending on the specific base and branch of the military. However, typically, you will need to obtain permission from the base commander or the designated point of contact for recruiting. Once permission is granted, you will need to coordinate with the base's Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) office to reserve a space for recruiting. You may also need to provide proof of insurance and complete any necessary paperwork or background checks.

What types of events or activities can I participate in for recruiting on a military base?

Military bases often have a variety of events and activities that are open to outside vendors for recruiting purposes. Some common events include job fairs, health and wellness fairs, and family fun days. You may also be able to participate in on-base classes or workshops related to cooking or kitchen organization. Be sure to check with the MWR office for a list of upcoming events and opportunities.

Can I offer discounts or promotions to military personnel for joining Pampered Chef?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the ability to offer special discounts or promotions to military personnel for joining your team. This can be a great way to attract potential recruits and show your appreciation for their service. Be sure to check with your upline or corporate office for any specific guidelines or restrictions on offering discounts or promotions.

Are there any specific guidelines or regulations for recruiting on a military base?

Yes, each military base may have its own set of guidelines and regulations for recruiting. It is important to familiarize yourself with these guidelines and follow them accordingly. For example, some bases may have restrictions on the type of products or services that can be promoted or sold, as well as limitations on the use of certain marketing materials.

How can I make my recruiting efforts more successful on a military base?

To make your recruiting efforts more successful on a military base, it is important to understand the unique needs and challenges of military personnel and their families. Consider offering flexible scheduling options for those with busy schedules, and be sure to highlight the potential benefits of joining Pampered Chef, such as the opportunity for additional income and a supportive community. Additionally, showing your appreciation for their service and offering special discounts or promotions can also make your recruiting efforts more appealing to military members.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Oracle
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • JaimeQ