• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting Long Distance for Your PC Business: Tips and Strategies for Success

In summary, my new potential is interested in starting a PC business, and has her husband's support. I talked to her today for about 45 minutes and she is VERY interested. I think she will sign up. My Director says though that in a month or two my recruit would wish she had just signed up with someone local. Can I get this to work? I know she would try very hard with this and don't think she is flaky or anything. I just want some ideas out there! Thanks!
smspamperedchef
Silver Member
I have a new potential that I met at a vendor show that was moving the following day. She filled out the door prize slip AND she told me that she would be very interested in finding out how to start a PC business when she is settled. She moved From TX to MD. I talked to her today for about 45 minutes and she is VERY interested AND she has her husband's support. She wants me to call her Monday after she reads over everything. I think she will sign up.
I spoke to my Director today and she wasn't real supportive and told me that is very hard to recruit someone long distance and keep them. This girl doesn't know anyone where she moved to yet but she has 3 children that will go to 3 different schools and I also gave her TONS of ideas as to where she can get leads. She has tons of friends/family all over the country who she can ask to do catalog shows. I encouraged her to get them to book catalog shows and to do that now WHILE she is getting her name out locally that she is selling PC. Is this just too hard to help her long distance? I know I can't be there personally but I did share with her that there is TONS of support out there and I would get her a Hospitality Director. I am VERY good (probably sometimes too much) about staying in contact with my cluster.

My Director says though that in a month or two my recruit would wish she had just signed up with someone local. Can I get this to work? I know she would try very hard with this and don't think she is flaky or anything. I just want some ideas out there! Thanks!

I don't see why this is any more of a problem that recruiting someone in your home town. No matter where someone lives you will never know what is going to happen with that recruit. That is why there is such a thing as hospitality directors. Between the support from you and the support from her hospitality director she will be set! It sounds like you have been doing a wonderful job with her and she knows that and is excited about YOU! I say go for it!

I have 9 recruits and only 3 live in my town. It is hard to keep up with ANY recruits, but no harder when they are farther away. I actually keep better tabs on my long-distance downline because I talk to them more 1 on 1 than my close recruits.

My friend recruited me...I was in Missouri while she was in Indiana..No problems there. And...my upline is in North Carolina! Sooo...all she did was find me a hospitality director and that was it. I wasn't able to go to any of the cluster meetings with my hospitality because of my other job..but that was alright. So, really...having a long distant recruit...really not a big deal. :) Just keep in touch with them and let them know how interested you are in their success. Keep them motivated!! :)

Gillian..I've been meaning to tell you that I love your new profile pic!!! :)

I think your director should be more encouraging. The phone and computer make it so easy to be connected. Find a hospitality director for her so she'll have someone local. Go for IT!

Your director is full of crap. You can coach this new recruit on the phone, find her a hospitality diretor on her town and she can be incredibly successful! GO FOR IT!~!

I have a lot of active recruits that don't live locally. It's just as easy to work with them as local consultants. Most of the time you only SEE the local consultants once a month - the rest is phone and email with them too.

Congratulations! Don't let ANYONE put a damper on your excitement! Show them!

I think a recruit is a recruit! I agree with what beepampered said!!

smspamperedchef said:
Is this just too hard to help her long distance? I know I can't be there personally but I did share with her that there is TONS of support out there and I would get her a Hospitality Director. I am VERY good (probably sometimes too much) about staying in contact with my cluster.

My Director says though that in a month or two my recruit would wish she had just signed up with someone local. Can I get this to work? I know she would try very hard with this and don't think she is flaky or anything. I just want some ideas out there! Thanks!

I was recruited three states away and I love my cluster. We're all spread across, oh, I think 3 or 4 states, but several all live within the same city. I also have a hospitality director in my own town so I can go and touch/feel new products and sign up to work at local fairs, etc. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my real director and wouldn't trade her for the WORLD. We just spoke on the phone today for almost half an hour and we email constantly. Although I'm sad that I can't go to cluster meetings and such, she mails me my award bling and offers to put me on speaker phone (I can mute, if I want to) so that I can hear everything they talk about.

With the ease of modern technology, it's quite easy to stay connected. And if YOU were the one who initially got her excited about TPC, it will probably be meaningful for her to stick with you as her "mom". :) JMO...

1. How can I recruit long distance for Pampered Chef?

There are a few different ways to recruit long distance for Pampered Chef. One option is to utilize social media and online platforms to connect with potential recruits who may not be in your immediate area. You can also reach out to friends, family, and acquaintances who live in different locations and ask them to spread the word about your business. Another option is to attend networking events and trade shows in different cities to meet new people and share information about Pampered Chef.

2. Can I still earn commission on long distance recruits?

Yes, you can earn commission on long distance recruits just like any other recruit. As long as they are under your direct team and actively selling Pampered Chef products, you will receive commission for their sales.

3. Are there any specific tools or resources for recruiting long distance?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of tools and resources to help with long distance recruiting. This includes online training and support, social media graphics and templates, and virtual parties and events.

4. How do I train and support long distance recruits?

There are multiple ways to train and support long distance recruits. You can utilize video conferencing tools, such as Zoom or Skype, to hold virtual training sessions. You can also create and share online training materials and resources. Additionally, you can assign a mentor from your team to provide one-on-one support and guidance to your long distance recruits.

5. Are there any restrictions on recruiting in different states or countries?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you are only allowed to recruit in the country where you are based. This means that if you are based in the United States, you can only recruit within the US. However, you can still earn commission on sales made by your long distance recruits in other countries, as long as they are under your direct team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cochef