• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruited Consultant Quits: Is it Ethical to Contact Her Guests for a New Show?

In summary, the girl who was recruited quit after qualifying for the program and hasn't turned in a show since. The customer is concerned about ethical issues surrounding following up with people who attended the show.
Shawnna
Gold Member
Okay...I recruited a girl in May. She was all excited about PC, loved the products, wanted to qualify in 30 days. I did a cooking show at her home and she told her guests she was signing and I talked to them about helping her get started and how she would basically be their consultant.

She qualified and then quit because she took a full time teaching job. She has not turned in a show since June. So, I have been sending her emails...newsletters, meeting info, new product info, etc...but she rarely acknowledges that she has received anything...even when I ask her to let me know that she has received the info.

So, here is my question...she has several customers/friends who ordered at her show and held shows for her. Since she obviously is not going to work her business, is it ethical for me to contact the guests that were at her original show...that I did?

I am really wanting to get another show together for the first of Dec. and if they need to order Christmas presents it would help me and them. But, even though we don't have territories...I don't want to step on her toes. I keep hoping she will have a show and get her business going again. I was really wanting to go to Leadership this year, but since she is inactive I won't be able to go.

Well, you did the show. So, IMO you are following up with your customers. If it comes up in conversation you could tell the customers that your consultant is taking a break. And, if you want to clear your conscience, this is what I would do. Send her an email saying...

"I haven't been able to connect with you, but out of courtesy, I wanted to run something by you. I am sure your schedule is crazy with your new job, but I just wanted to send you a quick email regarding customers at your (date) show. I know you were planning on having these individuals as your customers, but since it seems like you are taking a break from PC, I would like to follow up with them to make sure they are happy with their products but I don't want to step on your toes when you decide to pick up your business. Please let me know what your feelings are regarding this."
Or something along those lines.

I would ask the girl that you recruited if it was ok. If she doesn't respond, then call the customers. Otherwise, maybe she will give you an indication of what she plans to do.

If you don't follow up with the customers, someone will so why shouldn't it be you?

Yes, try to get the consultant active again, but if she says no or blows you off...call these customers yourself!

I would call the customers too. You could just say that Suzy is no longer selling PC, and I wanted to see if you needed anything for the holidays! Or something along those lines.

1. What is the company's policy on contacting guests of a recruited consultant who has quit?

According to Pampered Chef's policies, consultants should not contact guests of a recruited consultant who has quit without their permission. This includes inviting them to a new show or trying to recruit them as a new consultant.

2. Is it considered ethical to contact guests of a recruited consultant who has quit?

It is not considered ethical to contact guests of a recruited consultant without their permission. This could be seen as taking advantage of the relationship established by the previous consultant and could potentially damage the company's reputation.

3. Can I reach out to guests of a recruited consultant who has quit if they were my previous customers?

If the guests were your previous customers, it may be acceptable to reach out to them as long as you have their permission and are not using the previous consultant's information or contacts to do so. It is important to always act ethically and respect the relationships established by the previous consultant.

4. What should I do if a recruited consultant quits and I have already scheduled a show with her guests?

If a recruited consultant quits and you have a show scheduled with her guests, it is best to reach out to the guests and ask for their permission to continue with the show. If they are not comfortable with this, it would be best to cancel the show and offer to reschedule with a different consultant.

5. Is there any circumstance where it would be okay to contact guests of a recruited consultant who has quit?

In certain situations, such as if the guests have specifically requested to be contacted by you or have given their permission to be contacted by a new consultant, it may be acceptable to reach out to them. However, it is always best to err on the side of caution and follow the company's policies regarding contacting guests of a recruited consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jnnfrc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Eftilly
Replies