• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recap: Disappointing Results from Local Women's College Shopping Night Event

In summary, a local women's college had a Shopping Night with 10 or so vendors. They sent emails to their entire student body, listed it on local cable access and in the local papers and all of the vendors emailed their customers also. However, only a few people showed up and none of the vendors had very good luck with sales.
redsoxgirl
Last night, a local women's college help a Shopping Night with 10 or so vendors. They sent emails to their entire student body, listed it on local cable access and in the local papers and all of the vendors emailed their customers also.

I think 10-15 people showed up and none of us had very good luck with sales. I sold $5 worth of stuff and got one booking (that was the good part), but it was just such a disappointment!

That bites! I really do believe that booths are so hit or miss!

You never know where that one booking might lead though. I had a fair that I did one time like that. I had two bookings out of it. From those two bookings, I've had:

Booking 1 - $300 show. From that, I met a host who has had two $1000 shows, a $300 catty show & three bookings from hers that were each $850. I'm still in that circle & they all love me! :)

Booking 2 - $500 show. From that, I met my new friend that's considering PC. She's hosted 3 $600 shows + 1 $1000 show. I also had another $300 show & will be doing a PC shower next month. I had two more $500 cooking shows from the original.

Keep your chin up & remember that one booking could be a whole lotta business. :D

Luckily I didn't have to pay for my table!

I am really hoping the booking gets me some good business - it's a whole new group of people, so that's good!

redsoxgirl said:

I am really hoping the booking gets me some good business - it's a whole new group of people, so that's good!
There's always a plus side! And you did good getting one booking out of 10-15 people. That's pretty good odds.

Like everyone has said.... in the long run that one booking has a lot more potential for your buisness than if you had sold a couple hundred dollars. But I know it is dissappointing

Glad to hear that you got a booking! Sounds VERY slow...you did well in that case!

Good luck with the booking, you never know what will come out of that "line" of people!

redsoxgirl said:

AND now people at the college know your name. Maybe if they have one of these again (and figure out how to get more people there), they have you back.

1. What exactly happened at the shopping night event?

The shopping night event at the local women's college did not attract a large number of attendees and resulted in low sales for Pampered Chef products. Despite efforts to promote the event, it did not meet expectations.

2. Why were the results from the event disappointing?

The results were disappointing because the event did not attract the desired number of attendees, resulting in low sales for Pampered Chef products. This may have been due to a lack of interest or awareness among the college community.

3. Did Pampered Chef do anything differently for this event compared to others?

Yes, Pampered Chef made efforts to specifically target the local women's college community by promoting the event through flyers, social media, and word of mouth. However, these efforts did not lead to a successful turnout.

4. Will there be any changes made for future events at local colleges?

As a company, we are always evaluating and adjusting our strategies for events. We will take this experience into consideration and make necessary changes to increase attendance and sales at future events at local colleges.

5. Can customers still purchase Pampered Chef products even if they did not attend the event?

Absolutely! Our products are available for purchase through our website or through independent consultants. We also offer virtual parties and events, making it easy for anyone to shop our products from the comfort of their own home.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
reneenshelcook4u
  • koima
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies