• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reasons for Not Recruiting in PC Training: Insights and Solutions

In summary, the person is working on a training segment for their meeting on Monday and they need some help. They share with the interviewer reasons why people have given them as to why they don't or won't recruit. The interviewer shares that they have heard this before and shares that the person's defense is that it is a long-term investment. Out of the eight people on the team, only one person wants to recruit. The others are afraid of hearing no, how to respond to no, and taking it personally when someone says no.
finley1991
I'm working on a training segment for my meeting on Monday and I need some help! Could you please share with me any reasons anyone has given you as to why they don't/won't recruit?

Examples:
- If I recruit, I'll lose out on potential bookings.
- I don't know enough about PC to recruit.
- Etc.

Thank you!!! :D

I just want to sell, I don't want to be responsible for people

Lazy... oh did I say that out loud?

How about, afraid of being pushy. I need shows not recruits. Afraid to offend someone.

When we have the interview I'm not sure what to say and end up throwing EVERYTHING I know at them. They run away.

I give the show & the bookings to the new recruit, so my recruits pay it forward & do that too. I've heard complaints of loosing bookings, loosing sales, loosing incentive points and lower paycheck.My defense is that it's a long-term investment. You invest a little now with the hopes that it will pay off big (with a promotion to Director or above) later. As with any investment, you might loose one or two of them. But if you diversify and spread your investment around in different companies (consultants), a few are bound to take off. ;)

I've heard from my team:
1. "I don't want to invest the time." or they don't have the time they think it takes.
2. They don't want the responsibility
3. "I'm not a car salesman. If they join they join, if not, owell!" <--yes the quote.
4. I don't know anyone who would want to do this.

Out of 8 on the team, only ONE wants to recruit. SO I have heard it all! Also, the others won't even mention the opportunity b/c they want nothing to do with it. :(

afraid of hearing no, how to repsond to no, take it personally when someone says no

Thanks everyone! This is awesome! Please keep 'em coming if you think of something!!!

Thinking there's too many consultants already in the area. We have 40 something just in OUR cluster on Okinawa. I tell them to never try & judge what someone else may or may not do with their business. Some do just enough to stay active for the discount. Others really work their business. You never know who's going to do what with their business. You just have to focus on what YOU want to do with YOUR business and achieve YOUR goals. ;)

1. Why don't companies recruit more diverse candidates?

There could be a variety of reasons for this. Some companies may not have a diverse pool of applicants to choose from, or they may have unconscious biases that prevent them from considering diverse candidates. Additionally, systemic barriers such as discrimination and unequal access to education and opportunities can also contribute to the lack of diversity in recruitment.

2. How can companies improve their recruitment processes to be more inclusive?

One way companies can improve their recruitment processes is by actively seeking out diverse candidates through targeted outreach and networking events. They can also review and revise their job descriptions and qualifications to ensure they are not unintentionally excluding certain groups. It's also important for companies to address any biases and promote diversity and inclusion within their workplace culture.

3. What are the benefits of having a diverse workforce?

A diverse workforce brings a variety of perspectives, experiences, and ideas to the table, which can lead to more creativity and innovation. It also allows companies to better understand and cater to a diverse customer base. In addition, research has shown that diverse teams can perform better and be more profitable.

4. Are there any legal requirements for companies to have diverse recruitment practices?

There are laws in place to prevent discrimination in the hiring process, such as the Civil Rights Act and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) guidelines. However, there are currently no specific legal requirements for companies to have diverse recruitment practices. Nonetheless, promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace is not only the right thing to do, but it can also help companies avoid legal issues and negative public perception.

5. What can individuals do to encourage companies to recruit more diversely?

Individuals can advocate for diversity and inclusion within their own workplace by speaking up and bringing attention to any biases or lack of diversity in recruitment. They can also support and promote companies that have strong diversity initiatives and hold those that do not accountable. Additionally, individuals can educate themselves on diversity issues and strive to be inclusive in their own actions and decisions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Boomerjojo
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cloudyade