• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Re-Evaluating My PC Business: Considering Restarting to Contribute Financially

In summary, the conversation revolved around the speaker's hesitation to give up on their PC business. They are considering using the Dave Ramsey approach to pay off debt and increase wealth, but are also looking for ways to contribute financially. They mention a lead on sub teaching, but are unsure if they can work for someone else. They ask for prayers as they discuss with their husband and mention needing to submit $25 in sales to avoid going inactive. There is also a discussion about the potential for re-starting their PC business and a suggestion to use a bookings CD for inspiration. Others in the conversation offer words of encouragement and share success stories within the PC business. The speaker also asks for prayers for two sad events that have occurred in their life.
erinyourpclady
Gold Member
I don't think that I truly am ready to give up on PC! DH actually brought it up this morning...asking me how much it would cost to kick-start it back into gear! We have decided to use the Dave Ramsey approach to paying off our debt and increasing our wealth so I naturally was looking for ways to contribute financially again! I had a lead on sub teaching at a local pre-school for next school year but to be honest....i am not "sure" if I can work for someone else...KWIM?
Anyway.....keep me in your prayers as DH and I discuss this. I have been approached by quite a few people in regards to PC so hopefully starting over will not be that bad! I will need to submit $25 in sales by the end of the month to avoid going inactive and losing all my career sales...........

BTW-has anyone done this before....almost to the end of quitting only to re-start their business?

TIA!

I think it was the bookings CD from the supply order that I was just listening to, and she gave a great idea where she rented a room in a hotel and invited everyone from her contact list to a kick off show. She said the room was paid for with orders, and she got an insane amount of bookings from having booking balloons. Maybe something like that would work for you? It is a bit of an investment up front, but if your husband is asking what it would take to get you started again, maybe he would be open to the idea..Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Oh Erin! You can do it!

There is a great bookings CD on supply order - I can't remember the title, I'll have to go look for it - but one of the presenters was talking about how she kickstarted her business with a HUGE Show that she did herself.....

PC really is the best, completely flexible job - and it sounds like your DH is recognizing that too!

HA! Jean, we were posting at the same time - and that is the CD I'm referring to also!:thumbup:ETA: It's Bookings, Fill Your Calendar -#AW60.

Last edited:
Good luck with your decision Erin! Listen to your heart...

A LOT of people have been in your position and ended up being very successful! I have a team member that actually went inactive for a year and resigned (under the same recruiter :cool: ). She is now number 1 in the team almost every single month.

Anything is possible once you have the passion! Good luck!:chef:

Follow your heart Erin. You can do anything you set your mind to!

That being said - I hope you stay with PC and kick some booty!

There is a really inspirational video on CC from Leadership - Kathy Settles. She is a sister director of mine and about 9 months ago almost quit. She even went to a job interview for a 9-5er. Because she changed her attitude, she promoted to Advanced Director instead of quitting - check it out online!

cmdtrgd said:
There is a really inspirational video on CC from Leadership - Kathy Settles. She is a sister director of mine and about 9 months ago almost quit. She even went to a job interview for a 9-5er. Because she changed her attitude, she promoted to Advanced Director instead of quitting - check it out online!

I remember her! We should probably all watch that from time to time... she is amazing and we can ALL do what she did!
Erin... I hope God will make everything as clear as our Carolina sky! :)

Thank you all so very much for your positive words. After posting this morning, I was hit with 2 very sad happenings. Viciousness and lies are abounding within my group of friends from Virginia...and in all likelihood, 1 if not 2 marriages will crumble under the pressure. I love these people as family and I am asking for those of you who pray, to lift up a prayer of forgiveness and for those involved to open their hearts and minds to the truth. Secondly....one of the teachers at my daughters school past away yesterday. She was fighting cancer and although we do not know for sure what the cause is, she has left many children and parents broken hearted. I ask for your prayers from them as well as for her family as the mourn her.

erinyourpclady said:
Thank you all so very much for your positive words. After posting this morning, I was hit with 2 very sad happenings. Viciousness and lies are abounding within my group of friends from Virginia...and in all likelihood, 1 if not 2 marriages will crumble under the pressure. I love these people as family and I am asking for those of you who pray, to lift up a prayer of forgiveness and for those involved to open their hearts and minds to the truth. Secondly....one of the teachers at my daughters school past away yesterday. She was fighting cancer and although we do not know for sure what the cause is, she has left many children and parents broken hearted. I ask for your prayers from them as well as for her family as the mourn her.

Ouch Erin! It seems with every blessing, there is something bad waiting around the corner. I will be praying that God's will becomes victorious in these situations. I hate seeing marriages fall apart...like you mentioned...viciousness, lies, and let me add selfishness always seem to break things apart!

ChefBeckyD said:
HA! Jean, we were posting at the same time - and that is the CD I'm referring to also!:thumbup:ETA: It's Bookings, Fill Your Calendar -#AW60.
Well, I am glad you came up with the name of it.. Mine is in my car, and I was watching the rain and thinking, I really don't want to go to the car in that... I am such a wimp! :blushing: ;) :rolleyes:And Erin, I am so sorry to hear of the bad stuff that has hit you lately. You are in my thoughts.

Oh Erin... I am so sorry! I will be praying! I applaud you for asking for prayers for forgiveness and healing rather then just assuming all is lost within your group of friends in VA. I pray also that your daughters class will have help available for them to understand this teachers passing.

Erin, I am sorry to hear about the negative issues you mentioned. Also, like everyone else said go with your heart. I signed up to do PC a few years ago and it just wasn't right for me so I went inactive, the opportunity came to me again last year and I decided to resign with the thought that I would be doing it just to help pay for my wedding. Now it is all I want to do. I still work my 8-5 job but PC is all I think about and hopefully by the end of this year I will be able to quit and not look back. You can do this too! :chef:

Erin -
I turned my business around in November 2006 due to my husband losing his job. I was a hobbyist submitting about one-two shows a month and since having to kick up my business have promoted to director and am consistently submitting at least $4000 in personal sales each month. The first few months of getting things going were HARD WORK, but now I am in front of people enough that I hardly ever have to get on the phone for bookings and the income has been a true blessing to us. Things I did:

1. have my own show - invite everyone, call it a business re-grand opening
2. tell everyone you see about your goals
3. enlist all of your friends to do shows for you and invite people outside of the group you know - if you tell people how they can help you that will do whatever they can - I did six shows in a 10 day time frame to get restarted
4. start seeking out fundraisers in groups that you have connections with and also groups that you don't
5. get a personal website and use it for all of your shows, also promote ordering from it outside shows. I put a sticker about the outlet on every sales receipt that the host puts with guest orders and I get a lot of online sales each month - I have customers that are addicted to the outlet and wait for it to change each month.
6. if there is an inexpensive local newspaper near you run an ad for a month about bridal showers (that is my most successful advertisement).

Feel free to PM me if you need anything - you can do it! Once you are there you will look back and not believe how little work you are doing for the income you are making!

erinyourpclady said:
I don't think that I truly am ready to give up on PC! DH actually brought it up this morning...asking me how much it would cost to kick-start it back into gear! We have decided to use the Dave Ramsey approach to paying off our debt and increasing our wealth so I naturally was looking for ways to contribute financially again! I had a lead on sub teaching at a local pre-school for next school year but to be honest....i am not "sure" if I can work for someone else...KWIM? Anyway.....keep me in your prayers as DH and I discuss this. I have been approached by quite a few people in regards to PC so hopefully starting over will not be that bad! I will need to submit $25 in sales by the end of the month to avoid going inactive and losing all my career sales...........

BTW-has anyone done this before....almost to the end of quitting only to re-start their business?

TIA!

what does KWIM stand for ? :)

Ahhhh...Yes, I do know what you mean! I sat there trying to come up with words that started with a "K" so I could figure out what it meant! LOL I'm such a dweeb!

Erin, first things first ... I am SO SORRY for the pain people around you are going through!Secondly ... here is a way to take one negative and turn it into a positive ...You only need $25 in sales to avoid going inactive? Then take that $25 and invest it into an outlet order from your own web site, as a CUSTOMER so it counts as commissionable sales.Then invest those outlet products into give-aways at that big show everybody is talking about ... and jump-start the business.And make it a fund-raiser for RELAY FOR LIFE, either as a traditional fundraiser or to buy free products to raffle off for the cause. Explain that you are trying to raise money for the American Cancer Society as a way to pay tribute to the teacher who just died from cancer. You'd be surprised how many people will buy if it's for a good cause.

It's so funny that I decided to read this thread today. I am in kind of the same boat. I decided a few weeks ago that I was going to give up PC. I have a full time job a 2 year old and a baby due the end of the month. I don't want to work 2 jobs after the baby is here. After looking at our budget last night and figuring up how much day care is going to be... I'm not sure what to do. I like my FT and there are parts of PC I don't like (host coaching!!) but if I had more time to devote to it maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I just don't know what to do! DH and I will have to sit down and talk about it this weekend - I had already made my decision to quit PC and was at peace about it and now I'm not sure again. Why can't this be an easy decision?!? I think I'm more scared that I won't be able to make PC work as a FT job to bring in the $$ we need and I'll have to find another FT somewhere else.

almondfarm said:
Erin -
I turned my business around in November 2006 due to my husband losing his job. I was a hobbyist submitting about one-two shows a month and since having to kick up my business have promoted to director and am consistently submitting at least $4000 in personal sales each month. The first few months of getting things going were HARD WORK, but now I am in front of people enough that I hardly ever have to get on the phone for bookings and the income has been a true blessing to us. Things I did:

1. have my own show - invite everyone, call it a business re-grand opening
2. tell everyone you see about your goals
3. enlist all of your friends to do shows for you and invite people outside of the group you know - if you tell people how they can help you that will do whatever they can - I did six shows in a 10 day time frame to get restarted
4. start seeking out fundraisers in groups that you have connections with and also groups that you don't
5. get a personal website and use it for all of your shows, also promote ordering from it outside shows. I put a sticker about the outlet on every sales receipt that the host puts with guest orders and I get a lot of online sales each month - I have customers that are addicted to the outlet and wait for it to change each month.
6. if there is an inexpensive local newspaper near you run an ad for a month about bridal showers (that is my most successful advertisement).

Feel free to PM me if you need anything - you can do it! Once you are there you will look back and not believe how little work you are doing for the income you are making!
Could you post what you say on that sticker?

Here is what my sticker says:

Bargains -- Bargains -- Bargains!!
SHOP OUR ONLINE OUTLET STORE!!
www.pamperedchef.biz/
Click on Order Products, then Option #2,�
then Click on �OUTLET� at bottom of list!

I just print them 30 to a sheet mailing labels.

almondfarmHey, I saw your posting and I'd like to know about the add you post

"6. if there is an inexpensive local newspaper near you run an ad for a month about bridal showers (that is my most successful advertisement)."

Can you give me some idea of what your add looks like? Promise not to "copy" it.

Carol

almondfarm said:
Here is what my sticker says:

Bargains -- Bargains -- Bargains!!
SHOP OUR ONLINE OUTLET STORE!!
www.pamperedchef.biz/
Click on Order Products, then Option #2,�
then Click on �OUTLET� at bottom of list!

I just print them 30 to a sheet mailing labels.

That's such a great idea! Thanks for sharing!

So here is an update........on just me though!
I was able to get an order from a friend so I am still active! DH and I discussed it and I am in the process of getting my website back as well as going through all the "stuff" I threw into boxes when I decided to hang up my apron. That being said...I do feel I have to down-size! SOOOO I will have a multitude of items to list for sale very soon!
I have honestly been out of the loop for a very long time...so it is back to basics for me!

Newspaper AdI am cheap, so I run classified ad most of the time they are something like this:

ATTENTION BRIDES: Schedule your Pampered Bride Shower and fill your kitchen with top quality tools from The Pampered Chef! Spring dates filling fast, call me today at xxx-xxxx to secure yours. ALSO OFFERING ONLINE WEDDING REGISTRIES AT www.pamperedchef.biz/

I usually get at least 1-3 showers every spring from running an ad, a couple have been over $1000, so very worth it.

erinyourpclady said:
So here is an update........on just me though!
I was able to get an order from a friend so I am still active! DH and I discussed it and I am in the process of getting my website back as well as going through all the "stuff" I threw into boxes when I decided to hang up my apron. That being said...I do feel I have to down-size! SOOOO I will have a multitude of items to list for sale very soon!
I have honestly been out of the loop for a very long time...so it is back to basics for me!
Congratulations! Keep your "WHY" in front of you and a smile on your face! :chef:

I am glad to see that I am not the only one who went through this slump as well....... it's not a fun slump to be in but once you take a step back and think about things and decide on what you need to do with your business. It makes getting to your end goal much easier!!!!

i must tell you i DID go inactive i think 2 months ago...........i had knee surgery in november and it just went no where from there.............but my DH came home from work one day and told me he had 2 shows for me to book....................HE ABSOLUTELY LOVES PC and does not want me to give it up at all...............i submitted a catalog show today of $308 in comm. sales,,,,,,,,,,,,should be active by tomorrow........(i want to order sample pkgs before monday) i have to set dates for 4 other shows besides the ones my husband got......GO FOR IT GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

mommyhugz1978 said:
I am glad to see that I am not the only one who went through this slump as well....... it's not a fun slump to be in but once you take a step back and think about things and decide on what you need to do with your business. It makes getting to your end goal much easier!!!!

My "slump" has been almost 3 years! LOL!! We moved back from Japan and my business never recovered! Plus I just didn't work it at all. I still managed to stay active the whole time...and even recruited. But I am coming at this from a different place this time...

I am having a Re-Grand Opening Kick-Off....with a $50 budget...period.
The budget is thanks to the Dave Ramsey thread..........

Yeah Erin!!

1. What is the Dave Ramsey approach and how does it relate to restarting my PC business?

The Dave Ramsey approach is a financial plan focused on paying off debt and increasing wealth. Restarting your PC business would align with this approach as it allows you to contribute financially and potentially increase your income.

2. How much would it cost to kick-start my PC business again?

The cost of restarting your PC business may vary depending on your specific circumstances. It is important to assess any potential fees or expenses associated with reactivating your business, such as purchasing new inventory or renewing any necessary memberships or subscriptions.

3. Can I work for someone else while also running my PC business?

Yes, it is possible to work for someone else while also running your PC business. You may need to carefully manage your time and prioritize your responsibilities, but it is certainly doable. It may also be beneficial to discuss your plans with your employer to ensure there are no conflicts of interest.

4. Has anyone else restarted their PC business after almost quitting?

Yes, it is not uncommon for individuals to reconsider and restart their PC business after initially deciding to quit. It can be a challenging decision, but with determination and hard work, it is possible to rebuild and even grow your business.

5. What is the deadline for submitting sales to avoid going inactive and losing my career sales?

The deadline for submitting sales to avoid going inactive may vary depending on your specific PC business. It is important to carefully review your contract and any associated deadlines to ensure you do not lose your career sales. It may also be helpful to reach out to your upline or PC support for clarification on any deadlines or requirements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies