• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Random Sticky Spots on Large Bar Pan

It sounds like you may have to season your stone a bit more if it's not working well for you. Seasoning will help the stone to absorb flavors and keep it from becoming sticky.
catvallejo
:chef:Any suggestions on getting sticky spots off the stoneware? I've already tried the baking soda paste. And I've tried scrubbing it with a kitchen brush (actually it's the pink and white HWC scrubber). Still have random spots that remain gunky! THANKS!

Have you been using Pam-type sprays on it? That's what usually does that.

Since the baking soda paste didn't work try :eek: soap :eek: - put a drop of soap on the sticky areas, scrub the area with your brush and rinse well in hot water. It will not hurt your stone.

The soap taste thing happens if the stone is new and not seasoned at all or if you soak a stone in soapy water the soap could bind with the oils (what seasons the stone). If you use a little soap to get rid of stickyness or that oilyness that some foods create on a stone and rinse immediately it will not cause a problem. Soap also keeps the stone from seasoning which defeats the purpose of using the stone in the first place.

If someone does soak your stone in soapy water just make some crescent rolls in it and toss the rolls - that would get rid of any soapy taste.

No - I never use PAM, and my stone is a couple years old. I think it got sticky because I made pork chops (with Oven Fry coating) where you're supposed to put a Tbs of oil on the pan. I used my basting brush to spread it over the pan, but the pork chops didn't cover enough of the surface of the pan, so the oil was just baking on there, I think. Guess I should try to squeeze the 4 pork chops onto the Med. Bar Pan next time!

I've had the same thing happen to me when I've cooked chicken nuggets on mine. I never used Pam or anything like that either.

I've tried the baking soda paste and soap. I hope you're able to get them off. I haven't been able to.

This happened to my large bar pan when I cooked bacon a few times without parchment.
I had to use a LOT of baking soda to get rid of it. Just keep making the paste, really thick paste without much water, and let it sit for about 5 minutes to soak up the gunk.
Most of it had ended up on the bottom of the pan - soaked right through - it took me a few tries to figure that out.

I scrubbed mine with the regular kitchen brush. Not sure if the bristles on it make any difference over the pink scrubber.

You can also just rub salt on it. Dampen the stone a little and then sprinkle salt on it and rub it vigorously, it usually does the trick.

1. What causes the random sticky spots on the large bar pan?

The most common cause of sticky spots on the large bar pan is residue or buildup from previous cooking or baking. This can happen when the pan is not properly cleaned or if certain foods, such as greasy meats or sugary sauces, are cooked on the pan without using parchment paper or a silicone mat.

2. How can I prevent sticky spots from forming on my large bar pan?

To prevent sticky spots from forming, it is important to clean the pan thoroughly after each use. Use hot soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge to remove any buildup or residue. Additionally, using parchment paper or a silicone mat can help prevent food from sticking to the pan.

3. Can I still use my large bar pan if it has sticky spots?

Yes, you can still use the pan if it has sticky spots, but it is important to clean them before using the pan again. The sticky spots can affect the cooking process and may cause your food to stick or burn in those areas. So, it is best to clean them off before using the pan again.

4. What is the best way to clean sticky spots off of my large bar pan?

The best way to clean sticky spots off the large bar pan is to soak it in warm soapy water for about 15-20 minutes. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or scrub brush to gently scrub the spots. You can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and use that to scrub the spots. Rinse the pan thoroughly and dry it before storing.

5. Can I use any cleaning products on my large bar pan?

It is recommended to only use mild dish soap and warm water to clean your large bar pan. Avoid using any harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the non-stick coating on the pan. If you are having trouble removing sticky spots, try using a mixture of baking soda and water or a non-abrasive cleaner specifically designed for non-stick cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
  • magentablue