• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rainy Days in Indiana: Dealing with Flooding

In summary, Carolyn's kids are out of school because of rain. There is a little bit of flooding, but Carolyn is glad it's not snow. There is a small stream on Carolyn's good day, but today it is more like a rushing river. The weather is getting colder and snow is expected soon.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
Our kids are out of school because of rain. We have a little bit of flooding.
Don't ya love Indiana!

At least it's rain and not snow! I heard snow again on Sunday up here!

I agree - go away!! I have a small stream in my back yard again! My kids did have school though.

DD has school but if it freezes we could ice-skate on my back yard. We still have piles of snow!!

We have rain too - thankful its not snow!! AND happy I am not treking my kit in it tonight!!

It's raining in AL too. We are having severe thurnderstorms. I had to do 30 mph coming to work this morning and sat n my vehicle for a break in the wind and rain before I would come in. It's horrible!

I think I am going to have to look in Genesis and get the plans for an Ark:eek:

You won't need to look up those plans. You might have to move though;)!

I'm too lazy today to move:p

wadesgirl said:
At least it's rain and not snow! I heard snow again on Sunday up here!

We just had 3-4" last Wednesday night...and more snow over the weekend...about another 3"...it keeps getting deeper rather than melting...

Glad I don't have the floods in TX though!!!!

Now they are talking about a possibility of snow on Sunday. I think I am going to scream!!

pampchefrhondab said:
I agree - go away!! I have a small stream in my back yard again! My kids did have school though.

I have a small stream on a good day... today it is more like a rushing river.

And I'll help you find the ark plans... not sure where we're gonna find gopher wood. Wonder if pine works just as well?

Between the sink hole we think is forming under the garage and the leaking windows in my kids rooms (which are over the garage), I'm gonna have a swimming pool that is filled with water before this rain is done.

katie0128 said:
I have a small stream on a good day... today it is more like a rushing river.And I'll help you find the ark plans... not sure where we're gonna find gopher wood. Wonder if pine works just as well?Between the sink hole we think is forming under the garage and the leaking windows in my kids rooms (which are over the garage), I'm gonna have a swimming pool that is filled with water before this rain is done.
It's cypress... (But that too is debatable...)

Even cypress isn't growing in my back yard!

last day of winter.

i am READY for some sunshine.

katie0128 said:
I'm gonna have a swimming pool that is filled with water before this rain is done.

Maybe you won't have to pay for water by the time warmer weather rolls around.

krzymomof4 said:
Our kids are out of school because of rain. We have a little bit of flooding.
Don't ya love Indiana!
Where in Indiana are you? I'm in Brownstown/Seymour area.

When I picked my kids up from school today, there were ducks swimming in peoples yards! One man was actually out pumping the water out of his yard.

krzymomof4 said:
Maybe you won't have to pay for water by the time warmer weather rolls around.

That would be a nice thought if I was SUPPOSED to have a pool in my backyard.

Well, I guess we are not going to have a pool now... in the past 15 minutes, it has started snowing HARD! The cars and streets already have a thin white blanket on them and the flakes are HUGE!

Carolyn - I'm moving to FL with you!!!

We have a nice coating of snow in NE Ohio as well.

Related to Rainy Days in Indiana: Dealing with Flooding

What should I do if my home is affected by flooding in Indiana?

If your home is affected by flooding in Indiana, the first step is to ensure the safety of yourself and your loved ones. Evacuate if necessary and seek higher ground. Once it is safe to return, contact your insurance company and document any damage for filing a claim. It is also important to contact a professional water damage restoration company to begin the cleanup process.

How can I prevent my home from flooding in Indiana?

Preventing flooding in Indiana can involve taking a variety of measures. These can include installing flood barriers or using sandbags to redirect water flow, keeping gutters and drains clean and clear of debris, and ensuring that your home has proper grading to direct water away from the foundation. It is also important to have a sump pump and backup generator in case of power outages.

What should I do if my car is affected by flooding in Indiana?

If your car is affected by flooding in Indiana, do not attempt to start it. Instead, contact your insurance company and document any damage for filing a claim. You may also need to contact a professional auto repair shop for assistance with cleaning and repairing any flood damage to your vehicle.

Are there any resources available for assistance with flooding in Indiana?

Yes, there are several resources available for assistance with flooding in Indiana. The Indiana Department of Homeland Security offers information and resources for disaster preparedness and recovery. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) also provides assistance for those affected by flooding. Additionally, local organizations and charities may offer support and resources for those in need.

What should I do if I encounter flooded roads while driving in Indiana?

If you encounter flooded roads while driving in Indiana, turn around and find an alternate route. It is never safe to attempt to drive through flooded roads, as the depth and strength of the water can be deceiving. It is better to be safe and find a different way to your destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • chefmeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies