• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quik-Stir Pitcher Melting Plunger: Customer Complaints and Solutions

In summary, Tara is reporting that both of her customers have had problems with the Quik-Stir Pitcher melting. She advises her customers to not heat dry their pitchers in the dishwasher, and to instead hand wash them. She also notes that her older version of the pitcher does not have this problem.
stefani2
I have had 2 calls WITHIN 2 days about the Quik-Stir Pitcher. The Plunger MELTED for each customer when it was in the DishWasher! Anyone else have this problem???
p.s. The catalogue says it is dishwasher safe - so I am assuming their Hot Water Tank is set REALLY high?!

nope, hasnt happened here. but rarely will I put it in the dishwasher though.

i have the older version, if that makes a difference.

don't sureI don't know if it would make a difference or not - both ladies QS is less than a year old - so at least I can get it replaced for them....

I had that happen to my personal pitcher and 2 customers'. Many newer dishwashers have an optional "Heated Dry" cycle that it is extremely hot for extra sanitizing power. I found that when I turned that off my pitchers were fine! I now advise customers to turn off the Heated Dry when they place their pitchers in the DW.Oh, I forgot to add that HO did replace all 3 pitchers!

The older version does FINE in the DW. The new (all clear version) sucks in the DW. The plunger on mine is totally warped...and it only goes in my top rack. I have had MANY complaints about this! I love the look of the all clear one, but the one with the white plunger holds up MUCH better!

I will ONLY handwash these from now on...and I tell people not to put them in the DW. They need to fix this flaw. I will email them (again) about this right now, though! If enough of us tell them the same thing, perhaps they will redesign the plunger.

Tara...I never even thought about the heating cycle! I will tell them it's ok on top rack and to shut that off when the plunger is in there! Thanks!

I never have room for mine on the top rack so I always handwash it. It's sort of fun to plunge it up and down when it's filled with soapy water!

customer this weekI have a customer who has purchased these before and she is having a problem. I too suggested not to heat dry in the dishwasher. She just ordered two more. I'll see how these work out for her.

I never use my "heated Dry" cycle anymore. My hubby heard a report that it is one of the #1 energy hogs in your home. When my DW is done I open it and "shake off" the pudled water and let things air dry. I have not had anything melt. Including my QSP (I have put it on the top and bottom rack).

they didBoth ladies HAD them on the top rack of the D/W.... :(

etteluap70PC said:
I never use my "heated Dry" cycle anymore. My hubby heard a report that it is one of the #1 energy hogs in your home. When my DW is done I open it and "shake off" the pudled water and let things air dry. I have not had anything melt. Including my QSP (I have put it on the top and bottom rack).
I do the same thing, it never seeemed to dry right with the heat dry cycle anyway. I found if you prop the door open slightly it drys faster. Worst part is DH thinks he needs to shut it or bumps into it accidently (cannot figure out which one).

Oh my gosh - I just had two complaints YESTERDAY - a friend of mine, and my host. I'm glad to hear HO's replacing them, but it does stink to have to send them back if required.

I had someone call me that theirs is warped, too.

I also do the same thing with leaving my DW open after the air dry cycle. Saves me $$ and is better for the environment.

I seem to have more problems with the plunger disconnecting on the bottom and falling into the ice tea then the warping part - I have had quite a few customers return them - I think the older version was better!

My BIL poured hot tea in his small QSP while the plunger was hanging on the side of the pitcher. When he put the plunger on straight the bottom piece was still sideways. It melted and stays at an angle now. So strange! Of course I got it replaced for him.

1 out of 3 of mine plunger warped & I only put it in the top rack. They sent me a replacement too.

The plastic will warp whether its in the dishwasher or hand washed using hot water (extremely hot water). Rarely do I put mine in the dishwasher.

Even tho it says "dishwasher safe" I alwasy add that its not the best way to maintain the product.

Yep, the one that I own warped on the top rack of the dishwasher. It was just over a year old so I couldn't get it replaced. It still works, it's just a little warped.

wadesgirl said:
I never have room for mine on the top rack so I always handwash it. It's sort of fun to plunge it up and down when it's filled with soapy water!

Hee Hee Hee....I do love to do that too. LOL :D

1. What is "Has This Happened to You?"

"Has This Happened to You?" is a new line of kitchen products from Pampered Chef designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. How is "Has This Happened to You?" different from other Pampered Chef products?

While all Pampered Chef products are designed with convenience and quality in mind, "Has This Happened to You?" specifically focuses on common kitchen mishaps and offers solutions to make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

3. Can I purchase "Has This Happened to You?" products separately?

Yes, each "Has This Happened to You?" product is available for individual purchase, allowing you to choose the specific tools that will best fit your needs in the kitchen.

4. Are "Has This Happened to You?" products covered under Pampered Chef's guarantee?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products, including "Has This Happened to You?" items, are covered under our satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will offer a replacement or refund.

5. Can I host a party specifically featuring "Has This Happened to You?" products?

Yes, Pampered Chef consultants can host a "Has This Happened to You?" themed party, where guests can learn more about the products and even try them out for themselves. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DeeDee616
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • laurichef
  • Products and Tips
Replies