• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Answer Please- APampered Chefs or Santuko?

In summary, a Pampered Chef knife is a brand of kitchen knife sold by Pampered Chef, while a Santoku knife is a type of Japanese kitchen knife known for its sharpness and versatility. Both knives are designed for kitchen use, but differ in shape and blade design. Pampered Chef knives are dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash them to maintain their quality. Both knives can be used for cutting meat, but it is important to use the correct type for different meats. Regular sharpening is required for both knives, using a sharpener or whetstone. Replacement blades for both knives are available for purchase, but it is important to purchase from the same brand and model to ensure compatibility.
TinasKitchen
I'm making Mom's Apple Crisp. I do not have the veggie peeler so I can either use my small paring knife to peel the apples (the way I grew up doing it) and use the Santuko to slice them or I can bring my APCS with me.. but I'm not fond of it b/c I feel that sometimes the apples (depending on which kind, using granny smith) dont come out that great.

Let me know your opinions. Show is tomorrow night but I need to pack tonight.

Thank you

I would use the APCS just make sure you have firm apples, I use granny smith's and they usually come out well. Then you can use the Santuko knife to cut them in half. People love that APCS when they get to see it in use!

The APCS! The APCS! The APCS! Firm, COLD Granny Smith apples make a HUGE difference! Love the santuko, but it'll take forever.

I totally agree with Anne! (again)

Thanks Guys, I knew I could count on you.

Long story short, host is having this in her sis in laws house, microwave recipes only, oven is broke, she's bringin over all the ingredients and i told her specifically granny smith, no other apples. I hope she listened! lol

I hope this is my first $1000 show. She has 15 people PLUS and has 3 outside orders and she knows 6 more people that cant come that want to order. I'm so excited.

And remember to turn the handle fast. That helps a lot! :)

Good luck!

Sara Ferguson
Independent Consultant
/sarajane

Also, be sure the apples are cold (works best that way) have your host put them in the fridge for you and don't take them out until you are almost ready to start your show. Good Luck!

for reaching out for advice on how to prepare your Mom's Apple Crisp. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I would recommend using the Santuko knife to slice the apples. The Santuko knife is specifically designed for slicing and dicing, making it the perfect tool for prepping your apples quickly and efficiently. Plus, the sharp blade will ensure that your slices are consistent and uniform, resulting in a beautiful and evenly baked apple crisp. I understand your hesitation with the APCS, but I assure you that with proper technique, it can also produce great results. However, for this particular recipe, I would stick with the Santuko knife. Best of luck with your show tomorrow night!

Related to Quick Answer Please- APampered Chefs or Santuko?

1. What is the difference between a Pampered Chef and Santoku knife?

A Pampered Chef knife is a brand of kitchen knife that is designed and sold by the direct sales company Pampered Chef. A Santoku knife is a type of Japanese kitchen knife that is known for its sharpness and versatility. While both knives are designed for kitchen use, the main difference is in the shape and design of the blade. A Pampered Chef knife typically has a curved blade and is designed for general use, while a Santoku knife has a straighter blade and is designed for slicing, dicing, and mincing.

2. Are Pampered Chef knives dishwasher safe?

Yes, Pampered Chef knives are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water and dry them immediately to maintain the sharpness and quality of the blade. Dishwashing may cause the blades to dull or become damaged over time.

3. Can I use a Pampered Chef or Santoku knife for cutting meat?

Yes, both Pampered Chef and Santoku knives are suitable for cutting meat. However, it is important to use the correct type of knife for different types of meat. A serrated knife is better for cutting through tough meats like bread and steak, while a straight blade knife is better for slicing through softer meats like chicken and fish.

4. How do I sharpen a Pampered Chef or Santoku knife?

Pampered Chef and Santoku knives both require regular sharpening to maintain their sharpness. You can use a knife sharpener or a whetstone to sharpen the blade. It is important to follow the instructions carefully and to only sharpen the blade when it is dull to avoid damaging the knife.

5. Can I purchase replacement blades for Pampered Chef or Santoku knives?

Yes, replacement blades for Pampered Chef and Santoku knives are available for purchase. You can contact a Pampered Chef consultant or visit their website to purchase replacement blades for your specific knife. However, it is important to note that not all blades are interchangeable, so it is best to purchase the replacement blade from the same brand and model.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
Southern Chef
  • Jen1409
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies