• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions about purchasing show ingredients

akrebecca

Rebecca M.
Silver Member
Sep 20, 2008
I have started purchasing the food supplies for my shows & having the host reimburse me. I am doing this for a couple reasons. Service for the hosts and it costs less. Quite a few times the 'cheap' recipe costs more than I think it should. I do give a choice-right now I am doing comfort foods & amazing race. Gives me a chance to hit the sales & use coupons etc... I have had several hosts say thanks because they don't have to do the shopping.

So, my first question is how do you separate the food from your house food. Or do you incorporate the food into the pantry/fridge and buy misc stuff you need-like the pizza dough for the calzones.

If you have the hosts reimburse you, can you write the cost off on your taxes? (I am thinking no because you are being reimbursed)

Slightly off topic. I read/heard somewhere, but now can't find it, that we can write off a portion of our food bill because we are practising with our PC tools. Is this true?

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
You can't write off the amount you're reimbursed.

I was told that you can write off two makings of any PC recipe as an expense. It's considered practice.

sarahsellcm

Silver Member
Mar 11, 2006
I buy the food for my shows and suck up the expense. It is an expense for my hosts and sometimes it is the reason they don't want to host. I take that objection away and I know I am getting the right ingredients. I keep all my receipts because it is an expense for me for my business. I met another girl who did this and said it helped her business greatly and this year it has really helped me this year. I did it last year and it really didn't cost me that much.

darlinclem

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2007
I buy the food for my shows and suck up the expense. It is an expense for my hosts and sometimes it is the reason they don't want to host. I take that objection away and I know I am getting the right ingredients. I keep all my receipts because it is an expense for me for my business. I met another girl who did this and said it helped her business greatly and this year it has really helped me this year. I did it last year and it really didn't cost me that much.

I have been doing this for a couple of years. I have hosts thank me for it all the time. I just tell them that with a $300 party I pay, anything less and they owe me for the ingredients. It is an extra incentive for them to get orders. I like knowing what I am using for ingredients is going to work for me. I'm a little OCD that way ;)

I keep the receipts and write it off on my taxes as a show expense.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views
mspibb
Replies
Views