• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Questions About Purchasing Show Ingredients

In summary, the speaker has started purchasing food supplies for their shows and having the host reimburse them. This is done for the convenience of the hosts and to save costs. The speaker also mentions that they keep receipts and write off the expense on their taxes as a show expense. They also mention that they have been doing this for a couple of years and it has been helpful for their business.
akrebecca
Silver Member
I have started purchasing the food supplies for my shows & having the host reimburse me. I am doing this for a couple reasons. Service for the hosts and it costs less. Quite a few times the 'cheap' recipe costs more than I think it should. I do give a choice-right now I am doing comfort foods & amazing race. Gives me a chance to hit the sales & use coupons etc... I have had several hosts say thanks because they don't have to do the shopping.

So, my first question is how do you separate the food from your house food. Or do you incorporate the food into the pantry/fridge and buy misc stuff you need-like the pizza dough for the calzones.

If you have the hosts reimburse you, can you write the cost off on your taxes? (I am thinking no because you are being reimbursed)

Slightly off topic. I read/heard somewhere, but now can't find it, that we can write off a portion of our food bill because we are practising with our PC tools. Is this true?

You can't write off the amount you're reimbursed.I was told that you can write off two makings of any PC recipe as an expense. It's considered practice.

I buy the food for my shows and suck up the expense. It is an expense for my hosts and sometimes it is the reason they don't want to host. I take that objection away and I know I am getting the right ingredients. I keep all my receipts because it is an expense for me for my business. I met another girl who did this and said it helped her business greatly and this year it has really helped me this year. I did it last year and it really didn't cost me that much.

sarahsellcm said:
I buy the food for my shows and suck up the expense. It is an expense for my hosts and sometimes it is the reason they don't want to host. I take that objection away and I know I am getting the right ingredients. I keep all my receipts because it is an expense for me for my business. I met another girl who did this and said it helped her business greatly and this year it has really helped me this year. I did it last year and it really didn't cost me that much.
I have been doing this for a couple of years. I have hosts thank me for it all the time. I just tell them that with a $300 party I pay, anything less and they owe me for the ingredients. It is an extra incentive for them to get orders. I like knowing what I am using for ingredients is going to work for me. I'm a little OCD that way ;)I keep the receipts and write it off on my taxes as a show expense.

Hi there! It's great to hear that you have found a system that works for you and your hosts. I personally like to keep my food supplies separate from my household supplies, so I have a designated area in my pantry and fridge for my PC ingredients. That way, I can easily keep track of what I need to restock and it also helps me stay organized when preparing for my shows. In terms of reimbursement from hosts, I am not a tax expert so I cannot give you a definite answer. However, I believe it would depend on the specific tax laws in your area and how you are reporting your income and expenses. I would recommend consulting with a tax professional for more information.As for writing off a portion of your food bill, I am not aware of any specific tax deduction for practicing with PC tools. Again, it would be best to consult with a tax professional for more accurate information. Thank you for bringing this up, though - it's always important to stay informed about potential tax benefits for our businesses.

What are show ingredients?

Show ingredients are the ingredients used in products that are showcased or featured in a show. These ingredients can vary depending on the type of show and the products being showcased.

Why is it important to ask questions about purchasing show ingredients?

Asking questions about purchasing show ingredients is important because it allows you to understand the ingredients being used in products and make informed decisions about your purchases. It also helps you ensure that the products meet your personal standards and needs.

What types of questions should I ask about purchasing show ingredients?

Some examples of questions to ask about purchasing show ingredients include asking about the sourcing and sustainability of the ingredients, potential allergens or irritants, and any certifications or standards the ingredients meet.

Can I trust the information provided about show ingredients?

It's always important to do your own research and fact-checking when it comes to show ingredients. While the information provided may be accurate, it's always a good idea to verify it and make sure it aligns with your personal values and standards.

Are there any resources available to help me learn more about show ingredients?

Yes, there are many resources available online and in books that provide information about different ingredients and their uses. You can also reach out to the manufacturer or brand directly for more information about their show ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mistym
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pckelly
  • Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • thehaleykitchen