• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question From Customer on Knife/Case Set

In summary, the conversation is about the Pampered Chef knife and case sets and whether the knives stick in the case or not. One person mentions that they have never had a problem with their knives getting stuck, while another mentions that one of their knives did stick but they were able to loosen it by squeezing the sides of the case. It is suggested to check with the home office if the knives are stuck, as it may be a defect. Another person shares their experience of a customer struggling to get the knife out because they were squeezing the sharpener. Someone else mentions a small paring knife getting stuck and causing an injury, and advises to pull the knife out sideways. It is also mentioned that Pampered Chef is being sued for the knives
christina1980
Does anyone know if the knife/case sets, do the knives come out easy or do they stick. are they guranteed not to stick??

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "stick". Mine have never gotten stuck. There is one that is super lose, but I would not say that the others stick.

I would venture to say that they are guaranteed not to stick. If they got stuck in the case, that would be a defect.

One of my new consultants had told me that one of hers stuck and I too had never heard of this before. I just got myself s chef's knive and low and behold... it sticks.

My consultant read the instructions that came with it... go figure... not something I would have thought to do. lol

It says to squeeze the white sides of the case while lifting up on the handle. In time it should loosen.

I still would check with home office just in case but if they printed it in the instructions than they may not replace them unless they are impossiple to get out.

so if the knifes stuck in the case and would not come out then that is a defect???

Getting the knife from the caseWhen I first got my Chef's knife it was hard to get out of the case but the other kinves were easier. After using it several times it has loosened up. I suggest you tell them that sometimes they're tight at first and that's good. You WANT them to click in there. They are made to keep the knive blades away from fingers reaching in the drawers!

If the knife is really stuck I would call that a "defect" too. It could be dangerous to force it out - you wouldn't have control of that sharp knife! Have them try it several times by squeezing the sides like the use and care card says (I hadn't read that either - thanks!) and if it still doesn't come out call Customer Service. They'll do an exchange for a different one.

Knife SetI have a customer who bought the utility knife and complained that it was difficult to get out of the case.

Finally found out that every time she was pulling it out of the case, she was squeezing the black sharpener! She loves the knife now that she knows how to pull it out without sharpening it every time!

Knife Sticking In CaseI Have A Small Paring Knife That Stuck In The Case. As I Was Trying To Get It Out, I Sliced The Palm Of My Hand And Had To Go To Er For 7 Stitches. Please Make Sure That The Knife Is On A Flat Surface And Pull It Out Side Ways.....i Have Learned My Lesson! :(

Just thought that everyone should know, pampered chef is being sued becuase of the knives sticking in their cases in Missouri. The knives are defective if they stick in the case and pampered chef will replace them if they do.

I was always told that when you wanted to pull them out without sharpening them, hold the knife blade away from you, push on the PC logo and opposite side, and it comes right out. Mine have never gotten stuck, and that makes it so you won't have a chance of cutting yourself, either.

1. What does the knife/case set include?

The knife/case set typically includes a chef's knife, paring knife, serrated knife, utility knife, and a storage case. However, the specific contents may vary depending on the set.

2. Are the knives dishwasher safe?

No, it is not recommended to put the knives in the dishwasher as it can damage the blades and handles. It is best to hand wash and dry them immediately after use.

3. Are the knives made of high-quality materials?

Yes, our knives are made of high-carbon stainless steel for durability and sharpness. The handles are also designed for comfort and control.

4. Can I purchase additional knives for the set?

Yes, you can purchase individual knives to add to your set. Simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to see the available options.

5. Is the storage case included in the warranty?

Yes, the storage case is included in the warranty for the knife set. If you experience any issues with the case, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robotChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • FeliciaD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • gailz2