• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Private Kindergarten: Is It Worth the Extra Cost?

In summary, private kindergarten is an option for your son next year, but you should ask other parents and speak with the school principal about your concerns.
dkitten13
I am thinking of looking into private kindergarten for my son next year. Our town has half days, and they have to take the bus. I've already heard of two unfortunate bus problems where the driver didn't pay attention and a little one roamed alone in the wrong neighborhood!

Can anyone provide advise on if they think it is good or bad? If he goes to public I will have to pay for before/after care anyone so I'm wondering if it might not be worth it to have him go full time. I guess I should clarify private by meeting in a daycare center that has full time hours.

Thanks for any input/advice!

The situation you heard about, was that a local incident? I would ask other parents that are in your school district or school for their thoughts. Speak w/ the principal about your concerns. I remember when our oldest was approaching Kindergarten, I was so worried. You hear all these horror stories about the bus and what could happen. But I heard nothing but wonderful comments from other parents and school officials about everything, so I decided to go ahead and have my DD attend public school. In our area, the bus driver keeps the youngest kids towards the front of the bus. When they stopped, the bus driver would take out their list and check and be sure the right kids were getting off at the right stop. I would meet my daughter as she got off the bus. If there were days that I couldn't, my mom or a friend would be there.You might also want to ask your school about any after school programs that they might be coordinated with. Our old town we lived in had a special contract with a local church/daycare center. Certain children would be bused after school to that place until their parents were done w/ work. I'm not sure what our new town does, because now my kids are in school full-time and I'm not around parents who have that concern at this time.

Yes, I found a nice place that does the after school in coordination with the school so that is my original choice. But they also do kindergarten so that had me wondering...

What are some essential kitchen tools for preparing meals for my kindergartener?

Some essential kitchen tools for preparing meals for your kindergartener include a good quality knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, mixing bowls, and a non-stick skillet.

How can I make healthy and fun snacks for my kindergartener to take to school?

Some healthy and fun snack ideas for your kindergartener to take to school include fruit and veggie skewers, homemade trail mix, mini whole grain sandwiches, and yogurt parfaits with fresh berries.

What are some tips for introducing new foods to my picky kindergartener?

To introduce new foods to your picky kindergartener, try involving them in the cooking process and making it a fun activity. You can also offer small portions and pair the new food with familiar foods they already enjoy.

How can I encourage my kindergartener to help out in the kitchen?

You can encourage your kindergartener to help out in the kitchen by giving them age-appropriate tasks, making it a fun and interactive experience, and praising their efforts and progress.

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights with a kindergartener?

Some quick and easy meal ideas for busy weeknights with a kindergartener include sheet pan dinners, one-pot meals, and slow cooker meals. You can also prep ingredients ahead of time and involve your kindergartener in assembling the meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Stampaholic1961
Replies
Views
ragschef
Replies
Views
overthyme