• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pumpkin Bread Pudding-Make Ahead?

In summary, the Pumpkin Bread Pudding can be made up to 2 days in advance, can be made with regular bread instead of pumpkin bread, can be frozen before baking, can be made with a lighter alternative to heavy cream, and can be customized with additional ingredients such as raisins, cranberries, nuts, or chocolate chips.
SimplyBlessed
Hi all! I have a quick question about the pumpkin bread pudding recipe. Can it be made the night before and reheated or even just mixed up the night before and then baked the day of? I'll have 4 kids underfoot and would like to get as much done as possible on one day so I have less to worry about the day of the show.
Sandy

Sandy,
I have made the pumpkin bread pudding for two different shows. At my shows I always prepare two recipes, but have the second almost completed. Both times I made the bread pudding ahead. I did put it in the refrigerator because of all the eggs. But remember to let it sit out for a little while so you want thermo-shock your stone :eek:
Both times it turned out wonderful and delicious - guests ate it all up!

Hi Sandy,Yes, you can definitely make the pumpkin bread pudding the night before and reheat it the day of. In fact, some people even say it tastes better after being refrigerated overnight. Just make sure to cover it tightly with foil before refrigerating and then reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. As for mixing it up the night before and baking it the day of, that should also work just fine. Just make sure to cover it and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to bake it. Good luck with your show and I hope the pumpkin bread pudding turns out delicious!

1. How far in advance can I make the Pumpkin Bread Pudding?

The Pumpkin Bread Pudding can be made up to 2 days in advance. Simply cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

2. Can I use regular bread instead of pumpkin bread?

Yes, you can use any type of bread for this recipe. However, using pumpkin bread adds a delicious seasonal flavor to the pudding.

3. Can I freeze the Pumpkin Bread Pudding?

Yes, you can freeze the Pumpkin Bread Pudding before baking. Simply cover tightly with foil and freeze for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and bake as directed.

4. Can I substitute the heavy cream for a lighter alternative?

Yes, you can use half and half or whole milk instead of heavy cream for a lighter version. However, the pudding may not be as rich and creamy as the original recipe.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the Pumpkin Bread Pudding?

Absolutely! You can add raisins, cranberries, nuts, or even chocolate chips to the pudding for extra flavor and texture. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Michelle817
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies