• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Product Struggles: Tips for the "Knife Challenged

In summary, the product is uncomfortable and takes more time to use than just using a regular knife. Some people have found it to be helpful, but most people find it awkward and inconvenient.
mpkegley
Is it just me or this the most uncomfortable product to use? I finally got it out to use it the other day and it does not make any sense to me. It just seemed to be in the way. I need to get on CC and see if they have a video on it, just to see how they are doing it. I remember seeing something at Conference, but I can't remember now. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this and if you have any tips, let me know. I need to figure it out before I try it at shows, because I figured it would be popular for the "knife challenged" people.

I keep forgetting to get it out. I really need to - I am one of those knife-challenged people.:rolleyes:

I have been using it at shows and selling them like crazy - show it and you'll sell it!

My son has claimed it as a toy.....not sure what he thinks it is!

I'm sorry, but I think it is just silly. I did try it - but it takes me more time to put it on, and adjust it, than it does to just do whatever slicing/dicing/chopping I need to do!

I agree. I showed it at my show last night and everyone was really excited about it and they all bought one. One lady even said "I wonder why no one thought of this years ago".

I sold a few at my show on Wednesday. I envision selling lots to people for someone else. I've heard so many "Oh, ___________ needs that!" comments.

I use it when I use the julienne peeler. That thing is so sharp! Using the guard, you can go all the way up to the top of whatever you are peeling. The first time I used the peeler, I julienned my fingernail! I was making the asian noodle skillet, so it just kind of blended in. JUST KIDDING!

I am figuring it would sell, but I can't figure out how to use it. It just seems so awkward and in the way. Does anyone else have that problem or is it just me?

You put it on the hand that you are not cutting with. I put it on my birdie and ring fingers. Then you hold down whatever you are cutting with the guard. This way, you can cut all the way to where your fingers are. You know when you see chefs cutting and they curl their fingers under? This is the same concept, except you are using a tool to keep your finger safe rather than curling your fingers. If you have really good knife skills, it probably is very uncomfortable/awkward for you.

I am definitely knife-challenged, but I haven't used it yet. I just got mine yesterday, but I stuck it on my fingers and it did seem kind of awkward. I'll definitely be checking CC to see if there is a video.

ljeffries said:
I use it when I use the julienne peeler. That thing is so sharp! Using the guard, you can go all the way up to the top of whatever you are peeling. The first time I used the peeler, I julienned my fingernail! I was making the asian noodle skillet, so it just kind of blended in. JUST KIDDING!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this. I like using the julienne peeler but I'm always a little worried about getting cut.

I was flipping channels the other day and caught a few minutes of "Take Home Chef". He had a perfect slice of skin taken off the front of his finger. . .he needs a Finger Guard.

Lol that is funny Jeanine!! Eww..

I have it, and i think it is a neat idea. and yes i think it was made for us "knife challanged" haha. One thing about it, is it bends, so i like that, It is a little awkward, but i think for those of us who HAVE cut off our fingernails.. yep me too.... we need that sorta thing. I like it. I think if you use it more you will get used to it. And i like the tip about puting it on your birdie and ring finger.. that makes alot of sense!! Thanks Lamar!

I used this the other day with the chef's knife while chopping sun-dried tomatoes for a variation of the brie recipe. I sold one to almost every guest at that show! I put it on my index and forefinger and didn't have to worry about slicing my fingers with that giant knife....too bad I didn't sell any knives at the show, though.

Okay, you have all convinced me that I need to give it a second chance and least get used to it better so that I can use it at shows and sell bunches. I have a show Monday night, so I guess I will have to do some slicing & chopping this weekend.

1. How do I properly hold a knife?

The key to holding a knife correctly is to grip the handle firmly with your dominant hand and place your thumb and index finger on either side of the blade near the handle. This will give you better control and precision while cutting.

2. What is the best type of knife for cutting vegetables?

A chef's knife is the most versatile and commonly used knife for cutting vegetables. Its long, curved blade allows for smooth and even cuts, making it a great choice for chopping and slicing.

3. How do I keep my knife sharp?

Regularly sharpening your knife is important for maintaining its sharpness. You can use a sharpening stone or a knife sharpener to sharpen the blade. It's also important to properly store your knife in a knife block or sheath to prevent dulling.

4. How can I prevent food from sticking to my knife?

To prevent food from sticking to your knife, make sure the blade is dry before use. You can also try lightly coating the blade with oil or cooking spray before cutting. Another tip is to use a rocking motion while cutting instead of pushing the blade straight down.

5. How do I safely store my knives?

It's important to store your knives properly to prevent accidents and maintain their sharpness. The best way to store knives is in a knife block or on a magnetic strip. Make sure the blades are facing downward and are not touching other knives to avoid dulling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Jasmine
  • ChefChris
  • Products and Tips
Replies