• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Price Increases in New S/S Catalog

In summary, prices for various items in the Spring/Summer 2007 catalog have changed. The Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls have increased in price by $5, and many people are concerned about the impact on sales. However, many other products have remained the same in price, including the Rectangle Stone which has only increased by $0.25 in the past 10 years. There is speculation about whether or not shipping costs will also increase, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Some consultants are using the price changes to their advantage by promoting the mixing bowls as a great host special. Others believe that the price increase may actually help with bookings.
Ya know, the mixing bowl price might be high, but that's another one to get someone to host a show. It's yet another quality, high-price item that they can get for 1/2 price when they do a show. Then, it would only be $37, and that's very reasonable. BUT, I would encourage them to host a show and go for the "combo" on the ss bowls with all of the ss whisks for only $53 (which may go up in Spring, sorry, don't have a new catalog yet) and it's STILL cheaper than buying them by themselves!!

Revised Price Increase FlyerHere's the latest version and hopefully the last--thanks, Ann for your input--I truly appreciate it.

Attachments

• PriceChanges[1].doc
    57 KB · Views: 259
c00p said:
Ya know, the mixing bowl price might be high, but that's another one to get someone to host a show. It's yet another quality, high-price item that they can get for 1/2 price when they do a show. Then, it would only be $37, and that's very reasonable. BUT, I would encourage them to host a show and go for the "combo" on the ss bowls with all of the ss whisks for only $53 (which may go up in Spring, sorry, don't have a new catalog yet) and it's STILL cheaper than buying them by themselves!!

I think I read somewhere that the SS bowls and whisks are no longer a combo as of the Spring!!

Thanks so much! See, this is why it's worth $5 a year to subscribe to this site.

The combos in the SS catalog are:
  1. Executive Cookware 5 and 7 piece sets - $285
  2. Executive Grill Pan and Grill Press - $72
  3. Scraper Collection (skinny, classic, small mix n scraper, mix n scraper) - $20.50
  4. Chillzanne Sectional Server, Core & More, Veg Peeler, Serrated Peeler - $37
  5. Forged Cutlery Collection (all 5 pieces! not just 3 like the current book) - $135
  6. Large Round stone with Woven round tray (no rack, though, huh) - $32.50

Thanks Ann for the Half Price Combos List!

I added page numbers just to make it easier for my customers at shows. You know, sometimes you have to make it so easy they can't resist. :D

I used the original Fall/Winter catalog since I never got the ones with the other cover so I'm not sure how the page numbers work out.

Attachments

• Debi's Mar 07 Price Increases.doc
    67 KB · Views: 301
That is great - thanks!

Thanks Ann, that is the info I have been waiting for!

That is great....Scoop, scoop, scoop up those items...

Man, I never thought this thread would get to 60 posts! Thanks everyone for your help. I wish I would have known that the weekly bites was going ot issue this as I probably wouldn't have wasted my time.:rolleyes: Oh well, I know that you guys appreciate it!!!:D :D

We do appreciate it, really, we do!And sometimes we just want to know a day or two ahead. I'm so goofy with that that I took a wish list from the current order form to Leadership with me. I went through the new catalog and crossed things off so I could see what was discontinued, even though we got the special edition newsletter with the list the very next day. *cough dork cough*

PamperedChefDebi said:
I added page numbers just to make it easier for my customers at shows. You know, sometimes you have to make it so easy they can't resist. :D

I used the original Fall/Winter catalog since I never got the ones with the other cover so I'm not sure how the page numbers work out.

I love it--one starts and we all get creative and update it even more! What a great group we are! Team effort!:)

dannyzmom said:
Thanks for giving us a raise Pampered Chef!!

Don't forget too, a host can get the entire set and whisks for half off!

The bowls and whisks are no longer a host half price combo as of 3/1/07!

1/2 priced combo's
chefann said:
  1. Executive Cookware 5 and 7 piece sets - $285
  2. Executive Grill Pan and Grill Press - $72
  3. Scraper Collection (skinny, classic, small mix n scraper, mix n scraper) - $20.50
  4. Chillzanne Sectional Server, Core & More, Veg Peeler, Serrated Peeler - $37
  5. Forged Cutlery Collection (all 5 pieces! not just 3 like the current book) - $135
  6. Large Round stone with Woven round tray (no rack, though, huh) - $32.50

If either host who sell enough for 1/2 priced items, they don't have to be just the combo's can't they be pretty much anything in the book???

If not, we could eat the cost somehow, but I"m pretty sure I've had past hosts who have taken 1/2 priced items and not from the combo's.

Thanks;

Liz

lizcooks4u said:
If either host who sell enough for 1/2 priced items, they don't have to be just the combo's can't they be pretty much anything in the book???

If not, we could eat the cost somehow, but I"m pretty sure I've had past hosts who have taken 1/2 priced items and not from the combo's.

Thanks;

Liz
Hosts can choose one of the half price combos or anything they want in the catalog or they can choose to not use the benefit at all. The choice is theirs.

gilliandanielle said:
The bowls and whisks are no longer a host half price combo as of 3/1/07!

How do you know whats in the S/S catalogs??????.........:eek: :eek: :eek:

Ginger428 said:
How do you know whats in the S/S catalogs??????.........:eek: :eek: :eek:

People who went to leadership have a catalog already. I know Gillian didn't go but she has connections!!!:D

PampMomof3 said:
People who went to leadership have a catalog already. I know Gillian didn't go but she has connections!!!:D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....Hey Gill.....:p :p :p

I have no connections that you don't have, LOL! Ann posted the new combos a page back! Liz has them quoted in post #66...

gilliandanielle said:
I have no connections that you don't have, LOL! Ann posted the new combos a page back! Liz has them quoted in post #66...

DUH!!! Just looked back...:eek:
But WOW....I like that grill pan-grill press combo!!!:D

Executive Cookware 5 and 7 piece sets - $285
Executive Grill Pan and Grill Press - $72
Scraper Collection (skinny, classic, small mix n scraper, mix n scraper) - $20.50
Chillzanne Sectional Server, Core & More, Veg Peeler, Serrated Peeler - $37
Forged Cutlery Collection (all 5 pieces! not just 3 like the current book) - $135
Large Round stone with Woven round tray (no rack, though, huh) - $32.50

Love these new combos!! As a hostess I would have been all over the chillzane combo!!

dannyzmom said:
Scraper Collection (skinny, classic, small mix n scraper, mix n scraper) - $20.50
Forged Cutlery Collection (all 5 pieces! not just 3 like the current book) - $135

Love these new combos!! As a hostess I would have been all over the chillzane combo!!

Me too, Carolyn!

dannyzmom said:

I am glad they left the cookware! I am dying to get a $300 order up for a show to get it!!! I am not having good luck right now with it though!

Oh, they will ALWAYS have the cookware on there. I have so many hosts book just for the cookware! In fact, I got my hair cut today and my stylist told me she needed to have a show to get the cookware! She is having a C-section on Feb 5, so I'll give her some time. :)

I wonder how many people have actually bought the cookware full price??

gilliandanielle said:
I wonder how many people have actually bought the cookware full price??

I had one person order the 7 pc Executive Set full price. I turned it into a show for her so she ended up getting some freebies, too. :)

That is nice that you turned it into a show for her... I sold the gen II sets at full price, but never the executive!!

I had one person order 3 Cookware sets at FULL price! And it was right at the end of the sell-a-thon!! Helped me earn mine FREE!! Still remember that show/customer!
Joanne

ChefinHarmony said:
I had one person order 3 Cookware sets at FULL price! And it was right at the end of the sell-a-thon!! Helped me earn mine FREE!! Still remember that show/customer!
Joanne

I wish I had customers who could afford to do that!

Stainless bowls
letscook04 said:
Thanks so much for sharing... I can't believe that the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls went up $5.00. yikes..:eek:

But they should have the better lids! I just spent $12 to replace mine for the heavier lids

The mixing bowls that ship now have the heavier lids! I bought a set for my SIL for Christmas, and they were sooo nice! (I know how nice they are because I have the heavy one on the big kahuna one from last year's host special)

jenniferknapp said:
The mixing bowls that ship now have the heavier lids! I bought a set for my SIL for Christmas, and they were sooo nice! (I know how nice they are because I have the heavy one on the big kahuna one from last year's host special)
That Big Kahuna bowl is one of the mid-season products! Woo-hoo!!

Yep!! I have so many people that ask me why I would ever need a larger bowl than what comes in the set....well I have used the 8Qt. more than any in the set! Bigger Bowl = Less mess :)

It also holds a full batch of the Roasting Pan caramel corn with nuts and M&Ms added after baking. :)

chefann said:
That Big Kahuna bowl is one of the mid-season products! Woo-hoo!!

I use it as my "garbage bowl" at some of my shows.

I wish we would find out when we can earn the Mid Season Items. I wonder if the bowl will be included in what we could earn since we have earned it before. I already have one but I could always use it as a gift.

It will probably be April because March 1-15 is for HWC.

Ummm...
chefann said:
It will probably be April because March 1-15 is for HWC.
I don't think it will be the full month of April because we start selling them May 1st. They need enough time to ship all of free midseason products to us so we have them by May 1st. Maybe March 16-31 or even April 1-15. Things that make you go hmmmm...............:D :p :D

Last year it was march 15th - april 15th. So we will see probably next month!

pamperedalf said:
Last year it was march 15th - april 15th. So we will see probably next month!

It sounds familiar but I can't figure out where I read about this.

Last edited:
It will probably be announced in the February CN I would think.

It's already on the website I believe - hold on I'll get the link/flyer.

I'm assuming this is what you are looking for. I was already planning my starting to focus on getting the mid-season products...

Attachments

• cs_07mar_apr.pdf
    306.1 KB · Views: 241
That's it!

'cause the "pink" comes and goes, I really am aiming for the salad spinner and cookbook and bowl!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvbeingachef
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Sarah Ann
  • BethCooks4U
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies