• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Preparing Gingerroot for Cooking

In summary, to peel gingerroot, use a vegetable peeler, spoon, or paring knife to remove the skin. Frozen gingerroot can be used in cooking by grating or chopping while still frozen. To store gingerroot, refrigerate for up to two weeks or freeze by wrapping in plastic wrap or storing in an airtight container. To slice or chop gingerroot, slice off a piece and use a sharp knife. Ground ginger can be substituted for fresh gingerroot, but the flavor will not be as strong. It is best to use fresh gingerroot for optimal flavor in cooking.
DebPC
Staff member
http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4914/gingerh.jpg

Gingerroot has a paper-thin, tan-colored skin that should be removed before use. Store gingerroot in a resealable plastic food storage bag in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months. To use frozen gingerroot, just slice off as much as you need.

Thanks! I didn't know it could be frozen.

That is a great tip...I learned that a few months ago, and it's great! I don't use fresh ginger very often, so it would often go bad. now I can buy a larger piece and know that I can save some for later!

I press it with the Garlic Press and freeze it flat in a freezer bag. Then you just break off what ever size piece you need. I wonder if the MFP would chop it up enough - might have to try that :)

Hi there! It's great to see that you are storing your gingerroot properly. That will ensure that it stays fresh and flavorful for all your cooking needs. Did you know that one of the best ways to remove the skin from gingerroot is by using our Pampered Chef Garlic Peeler? It works like a charm and saves you time in the kitchen. Plus, our food storage bags are perfect for keeping your gingerroot fresh in the fridge or freezer. Happy cooking!

1. How do I peel gingerroot?

To peel gingerroot, use a vegetable peeler or the edge of a spoon to gently scrape off the skin. Alternatively, you can use a paring knife to carefully remove the skin.

2. Can I use frozen gingerroot in my cooking?

Yes, frozen gingerroot can be used in cooking. Simply grate or chop the desired amount while still frozen and add it to your dish.

3. How do I store gingerroot?

Gingerroot can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Alternatively, you can freeze it for longer storage by wrapping it in plastic wrap or storing it in an airtight container.

4. How do I slice or chop gingerroot?

To slice or chop gingerroot, start by slicing off a piece of the root. Then, use a sharp knife to slice or chop the gingerroot into thin or small pieces, depending on your recipe.

5. Can I substitute ground ginger for fresh gingerroot?

While ground ginger can be substituted for fresh gingerroot in a pinch, the flavor will not be as strong. It is best to use fresh gingerroot for optimal flavor in your cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
TheNewMrsRue
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC