• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Power of One- New Spring Product

In summary, the company is coming out with a new product that is only given away to those who recruit this month and who's recruits qualify in their first 30 days. If someone does not recruit this month, they can still purchase
ChefBeckyD said:
WE were....;)

Oh good....I have to remember to refresh before posting....need to work on think before posting too, though I'm still working on the think before speaking technique! :D I'm known as Loopy Laurie and Calamity (meds) with fondness (or so I tell myself) and thought I missed the boat again! LOL

Laurie - so nice to see you around again :). Miss chatting with you chica!

Melissa78 said:
Laurie - so nice to see you around again :). Miss chatting with you chica!

I know...I've been missing you and our chats....I'm around, just sporadically and quickly! Life have been hectic...still trying to manage being a good PTA mom, great team leader and a decent PC consultant! Some days, I'm good at one, ok at another and others dropping the balls all around! LOL

We need to find a time to chat....I'll write it down! He He I don't want to lose touch with you as I enjoy our connections....I was worried I hadn't seen you. :)

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I think I may start considering Becky J's idea of having 6 shows lined up BEFORE the official signing....smart move....

I'm a big believer in having shows lined up before signing. Of the 24 recruits I had in my first two years*, almost all of them qualified within 30 days (had a couple kitnappers and a couple who had other major committments). During my interviews, I tried to focused on making this a sucessful opportunity for them from the get go (verus focusing on the actual signing).

The truth is: qualifying within 30 days sets them up for greater success.

*I haven't recruited in over a year; I'm enjoying retirement and going to culinary school full-time. I still do a catalog or cooking show every month to stay active and not lose my career sales (100K+)....and because I am such a pc-junkie:chef:

Other direct sales companies make you have so many shows lined up before you sign your agreement. If you don't have names and numbers you agreement won't be submitted. I understand sometimes its hard to have shows lined up before hand, but it makes sense.

Just to be very clear...

1. I offer the opportunity to everyone at my shows

2. I have a very busy show schedule - 12 this month, plus 3 catalog shows

3. I have a team of 12 active consultants...one is a Team Leader herself, and another will soon be a Sr. Consultant.

4. VERY soon, I will also be able to go "behind the apron"...;)

5. I'm someone who doesn't gossip - if I have an issue with you, I'll take it up with you - not with others. ;););)

ChefBeckyD said:
4. VERY soon, I will also be able to go "behind the apron"...;)

Hmm, now I'm intrigued, and isn't that how this whole thread started? Not sure what this means, Becky. Did I miss something?

Becky - you apparently had/have an issue with me, but what I originally wrote had nothing to do with you specifically. Let it go.

cmdtrgd said:
Becky - you apparently had/have an issue with me, but what I originally wrote had nothing to do with you specifically. Let it go.

Already gone! ;)

And I'm not sure why you would think I"d have an issue with you? :rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, I felt attacked when you responded to my post. It didn't seem like a generic response, it seemed like (forgive my words, I'm not able to type the way I want this to come out) "how dare you say something like that to me, here are my numbers, I work my biz...etc". If I had read your response to be something like "Kate, um, don't be so harsh to everyone" it would have been different.This was the actual phrase that kicked me out of my head and into thinking of how this business can help others. Whether it be with cash, products, a way to get out of the house, etc. I was trying to give that gift (and, yes, I do think of that harsh phrase as a gift) to someone else and it seemed that you responded as if I was only talking to you. I know you have a stellar business, but some don't. And, I find it funny that nobody responded to the commend I made about there being tons of incentives for sales and, just recently, more about recruiting. Not many people complain about the sales/shows incentives. It just upsets me that people are complaining about getting something else FREE!

While I can understand all points of view ( can you say fence straddler here? j/k...sort-of) I don't see what Kate said as sounding like an attack. To me it IS something that would make me take a step back and look at why I was not recruiting ( if I weren't.) Yesterday at my meeting I asked my team to bring a collage of pictures/words/ drawings, etc to tell their why, and answer five questions with the collage-- what benefits have you seen, where you see your business in 3 years, etc. One of the "why's" was so powerful, I think that those members of my team who don't ask were actually enlightened. This consultant, who, btw does around 2k a month in sales, is not someone I would have thought to ask just by talking to her the first couple of times I spoke with her. She is somewhat quiet and reserved. She has multi colored hair and a pierced eyebrow and tongue.... none of those things bother me in the least, I liked her from the first time I met her, but if I were a person who prejudged, she would not have been the first person I would ask.
Anyway, she is recently divorced with a 10 year old daughter. Her why was that she was in a sticky situation and dead end job. She literally used her last $$ to buy her kit and took a risk. Again- THIS is why I stress getting everything in place before ordering it. How terribly would I have felt about letting her spend that $$ and then just fly by the seat of her pants with no real direction. She definitely stepped outside of her comfort zone when she started her business.
Since then, she has taken her daughter to the Sears Tower and all around Chicago, and her goal, especially since she recently met someone, is to save for IVF when she does settle down again. She can't get pregnant the old fashioned way and this is giving her the means she needs to realize that dream.
I wholeheartedly believe I would have been selfish in not asking.
I sent this to my team a few weeks ago. I went into my bank after school to make a deposit. When someone asked me where my 3 little ones were, I told her I would bring them on a day when it wasn't my turn to cook for Bible Study.. I was on the way home to complete my portion of the meal ( we cook in teams for everyone - each team cooks once every 4 weeks.)
Anyhoo, someone asked where we went to church and I told her. I told her how much fun it was, how uplifting, inspired, and motivated I felt every Sunday and Wednesday when I was there. I told her how much we felt like we were learning and growing, and how much we love our church family. I was doing a GREAT job of informing. And I realized that as I was going on and on, that I was informing, but not inviting. I was not inviting because I know the person who asked, and I know her well. She is an old friend and past co-worker, and I know that she and her family have attended a small country church for several years. But I felt led to take it a step further and invited her to come visit sometime. Her response? We just might do that. We have been looking for a new church. I am not happy where we are.
How would I have known if I hadn't asked? I saw it as a good parallel. Some people do feel like they need an invitation. It's not about me.. it's about offering the blessings in my life to others. I DO think it is selfish to keep all of that to myself. It is not up to me to make that decision for someone, but it is up to me to extend the invitation.Just my two cents.

The point is that this thread had nothing to do with whether or not we were sharing the opportunity or recruiting, and many people were offering differing and opposing opinions w/o being rude.

Really, if you are going to say something like "How can you be so selfish?" (paraphrasing because I don't want to go back and look again) the ONLY way that I can see that being accepted is if it is being said to someone you know well, and in a loving way.

What's the old saying? "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". ;)

beckyjsmith said:
I was doing a GREAT job of informing. And I realized that as I was going on and on, that I was informing, but not inviting.
Very interesting comment...
I just have to think - "how often do I just inform, not invite?" Whether that's in regards to PC, church, or as a Christian. So often I subconsciously think that if I give someone the information about how wonderful and important this is, they'll ask me about it if they want to know more. It does take courage to move from informing to actually inviting. But if I imagine being on the opposite side, having someone just tell me about a wonderful opportunity, but not actually inviting me into it, would I not feel a little odd? As if perhaps this is great for everyone else, but since you're not actually inviting me, it must not be for me??

Interesting thread to read through... lots of great food for thought!

Not many people complain about the sales/shows incentives

Yes, we do, we just are trying very hard to keep our attitudes in check.

I, for one, wrote a scathing rant to my director, telling her that I feel like PC is setting the bar too high and is trying to get out of giving free product to anyone but the top achievers. When you're at the mercy of your work schedule, when your catalog host gets the swine flu and when you only have one guest show up at your show ... how can you get two shows in by the 15th of the month?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Yes, we do, we just are trying very hard to keep our attitudes in check.

I, for one, wrote a scathing rant to my director, telling her that I feel like PC is setting the bar too high and is trying to get out of giving free product to anyone but the top achievers. When you're at the mercy of your work schedule, when your catalog host gets the swine flu and when you only have one guest show up at your show ... how can you get two shows in by the 15th of the month?

I respectfully disagree. It is all in choosing what you want and taking action steps to get there. I have a full time job. I also have four children and a husband who travels. When you have enough shows on your schedule, those unfortunate occurences won't break you. Just my two cents...

Update: This hostess that I met on Thursday Nov 5th ended up having the party (Nov 12th) catered w/ smoked ribs, brisket and pulled pork! OMG it was sooo yummy. I ended up making the Black Forest Trifle and baked a Molten Lava Chocolate cake hours earlier in the DCB to bring cold to the show.

The past host called at 4:55 yesterday wondering if I was serious about letting her have the show if she signed up as a consultant. When I left Past Host's show she had 3 recruit leads, 2 bookings and $794 in sales that closed at $1,002. She used to sell from 1994-2000 and oozed fun! I was serious. Even though I knew last night's show would be good, I knew having her join up would be the smart move.

She was signed up by 5:05. She met me there, we made the recipe and had a blast! Sales are $1,169 and there are several booking leads. I told Past Host that she was in the best position for promoting that I had ever seen. She realized before I could say it that she should recruit the current host, her own daughter and 2 other leads. She knows PC, loves PC and used to be a Director!!

She booked from a catalog show.

I am so amazed.

I just had to share because in 11 years this was one of the most exciting things that has ever happened!! I think I'm going to copy this and post it in that super long thread about the new product sign on bonus. It's what motivated me! I love this site! WaHooo!!!

<h2>1. What is the "Power of One" new spring product?</h2><p>The "Power of One" new spring product is a highly anticipated and exclusive item from Pampered Chef's spring collection. It is a kitchen tool that is designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.</p><h2>2. How does one qualify for the "Power of One" new spring product?</h2><p>To qualify for the "Power of One" new spring product, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant and recruit at least one new team member during the month of the product launch. Your recruit must also qualify within their first 30 days of joining.</p><h2>3. When will the "Power of One" new spring product be released?</h2><p>The "Power of One" new spring product will be released during the spring season, typically in March or April. The exact release date will be announced by Pampered Chef closer to the launch.</p><h2>4. Can I purchase the "Power of One" new spring product without recruiting or being a consultant?</h2><p>No, the "Power of One" new spring product is exclusively available to Pampered Chef consultants who qualify by recruiting and having their recruits qualify within the specified time frame. It is not available for purchase by the general public.</p><h2>5. Is the "Power of One" new spring product worth the effort to recruit and qualify for?</h2><p>Absolutely! The "Power of One" new spring product is a highly coveted and valuable item that is only available to a select group of Pampered Chef consultants. It is a great incentive to grow your team and achieve success in your business.</p>

1. What is the "Power of One" new spring product?

The "Power of One" new spring product is a highly anticipated and exclusive item from Pampered Chef's spring collection. It is a kitchen tool that is designed to make cooking and meal prep easier and more efficient.

2. How does one qualify for the "Power of One" new spring product?

To qualify for the "Power of One" new spring product, you must be a Pampered Chef consultant and recruit at least one new team member during the month of the product launch. Your recruit must also qualify within their first 30 days of joining.

3. When will the "Power of One" new spring product be released?

The "Power of One" new spring product will be released during the spring season, typically in March or April. The exact release date will be announced by Pampered Chef closer to the launch.

4. Can I purchase the "Power of One" new spring product without recruiting or being a consultant?

No, the "Power of One" new spring product is exclusively available to Pampered Chef consultants who qualify by recruiting and having their recruits qualify within the specified time frame. It is not available for purchase by the general public.

5. Is the "Power of One" new spring product worth the effort to recruit and qualify for?

Absolutely! The "Power of One" new spring product is a highly coveted and valuable item that is only available to a select group of Pampered Chef consultants. It is a great incentive to grow your team and achieve success in your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefann
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • PCJenni