• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Poll: for the Love of Pampered Chef!

What made you decide to become a consultant? The products and the freedom to work from home.Biggest challenge as a consultant? I find it challenging to make time to make calls.Biggest reward as a consultant? The products and the freedom to work from home.Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? Part time.
Joelen
Forgive me if there is another forum I should be asking this (I'm a newbie) but I'd love to get to know more about the lovely folks here... especially since I'm new to PC! I'm also considering a career change into fulltime PC so feedback is definitely appreciated!

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time?
What made you decided to become a consultant?
Biggest challenge as a consultant?
Biggest reward as a consultant?

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? PT working toward FT.

What made you decided to become a consultant? LOVE the Products and worked the best as a SAHM.

Biggest challenge as a consultant? Balancing PC an other family / volunteer comitments.

Biggest reward as a consultant? The confidence PC has given me and making a difference in other peoples lives.

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? Right now, hobby, trying to push through part-time to full-time

What made you decided to become a consultant? My recruiter asked me. I had never considered doing something like this, and she just asked. I had my mind all made up to do it, and then the day that I had an appointment to sign the contract, my choir director announced that we would be touring Italy the next summer. This was the perfect way to make some $$ to pay for the trip.

Biggest challenge as a consultant? Picking up the phone; not having "diarrhea of the mouth" when I give tips and talk to potential recruits

Biggest reward as a consultant? All the great people - customers, hosts, and other consultants!

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time?Part Time

What made you decided to become a consultant?I feel that God led me to PC to supplement my income to allow me to cut back on my full time day job to spend more time at home.

Biggest challenge as a consultant?Getting on the phone and making those calls

Biggest reward as a consultant?My commission and all of the FREE products I now have in my kitchen. And seeing the delight in a host when they reach their show goals.

part time, moving twd full time.
PRODUCTS! Although that has changed now.
Motivating my team to boogie.
The time with my family/the money/seeing a recruit succeed.

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? Part time/hobby depending on the month! :D this is my first summer with PC so I am more PT time than hobby.
What made you decided to become a consultant? I went to my first show a couple of years ago and loved it! It took me a year to talk my husband into it!
Biggest challenge as a consultant?Some months getting shows together! Sometimes calling people!!
Biggest reward as a consultant?The free product, the checks I get, and meetin new people! I love to talk!!:D

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? I am part time. I usually just do a few shows a month because of my full time job and starting another business.

What made you decided to become a consultant? The products. When I learned that I could get a ton of stuff for free and earn extra money, I signed right up.

Biggest challenge as a consultant? Making the time to make my calls. Hopefully, this rwill resolve itself when I leave the day job.

Biggest reward as a consultant? The biggest is my friendship with my director. I talk to her almost everyday. We laugh and cry together. She has been amazing and she is such an inspiration to me. And., there are soooo many. I actually started a thread about it:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=10254&highlight=unexpected

pollAre you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? Part-time, but working on moving to full-time. I also work a full-time job and have a family.
What made you decided to become a consultant? I love the products and was interested in the idea of being a SAHM.
Biggest challenge as a consultant? Balancing it all. Making the time to pick up the phone. I make excuses as to why I can't fit that into my day.
Biggest reward as a consultant? Promoting to FD, adding money to our family budget and attending conference for the first time next month.

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? Full-time (aim for 8-12 shows a month)
What made you decide to become a consultant? Wanted the freedom to shape my own life doing something I enjoy
Biggest challenge as a consultant? Keeping everything balanced
Biggest reward as a consultant? The freedom to shape my own life doing something I enjoy :)

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time?Full time and stay at home mom
What made you decided to become a consultant?Never considered it until the consultant asked me...I wanted to do something outside the home, and for me. I was a stay at home mom for 6 yrs when I signed...i needed SOMETHING with adult women!!
Biggest challenge as a consultant?The balance between touching base with someone who wanted to book or sign, and not feeling pushy about it. I need an answer but don't want to pressure anyone.
Biggest reward as a consultant?Where to begin??!! The friends I've made. The people I've met (hosts, guests, consultants) There are amazing people out there that I never would have met without PC! And the recognition...ya don't get that as a SAHM !! The self confidence that comes with reaching a goal!

I guess I should answer my own poll, huh?!

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time?
- Starting off part time... but hopefully making it fulltime as the corporate world is dragging me down.

What made you decided to become a consultant?
- My consultant asked me and thought I would be a great candidate since I have my own Cooking Club, organize a Married Womens group, Couples group, Newlyweds Group, have a local cooking TV show, a food writer/contributor for a Chicago food site and I'm very involved in the culinary/food scene in Chicago.

Biggest challenge as a consultant?
- I'm nervous about bookings... getting them and having them fall through

Biggest reward as a consultant?
- I'm hoping my love & passion of cooking will shine through as a consultant and it's successful!

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? I am aiming for full time, 8-10 shows a month!!What made you decided to become a consultant? Love the products and wanted to run my own business, have control over what I do with it!
Biggest challenge as a consultant? Recruiting, I guess I would say, haven't recruited yet, but have 3 people on the verge. Need to step up in that area!Biggest reward as a consultant? Recognition and meeting new people, and getting to spend more time with my family!

Part time, but setting goals to become full-time.
I had always loved the products and my directors grandmother said "You should do this you would be great.
Bookings is my biggest challenge.
Rewards - Meeting new people, making more money, products, and my kids and husband appreciate me more when I'm home with them.

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time?I have been a hobbyist until last week when I decided full time is where I am headed.

What made you decided to become a consultant?I went to my first PC show in 1998 and had 4 consultants in 5 years and I was a twice a year hostess but my consultants kept quitting, went a year without any PC and suffering withdrawls went online to "find" a consultant and filled out the application to be one instead.

Biggest challenge as a consultant?Making phone calls, and getting over a fear of asking because I dont want to be thought of as pushy

Biggest reward as a consultant? Being able to schedule my work around my family.(been SAHM now for 12 years with a recently disabled husband) The thought of making a full time income on part time hours

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? I consider myself full-time, even though I do some temp work as a day job. I do about 6 shows a month, but I'm working toward 8 to 12.

What made you decided to become a consultant? I love the products, and I was looking for a career change. I was leaving my part-time position as church secretary. I thought PC would be a hobby, but now I consider it my main occupation.

Biggest challenge as a consultant? Recruiting.

Biggest reward as a consultant? I feel like I'm helping people. I love it when someone comes up to me after a show (sometimes several days after a show) and tells me how much they learned. Close second is the amazing support. When I think about the friendships I've gained with my director, cluster-mates, and my CS buddies, I consider myself blessed.

Joelen,

I am a part time consultant, but I think about it almost full time. My goal is to do two shows a week consistantly, and I would love to do a couple Saturday brunch/bridal shows a month, too.

I sold PC starting in spring of May 1995, selling until Dec. 2001. I was a teacher and became pregnant with my first child. I wasn't planning to teach and figured it would be fun to sell PC. I had a show a couple months before that, and I've always been a little obsessed with kitchen tools and baking. I liked the low start up cost and easily found my (at that time) four required hosts to have shows for me. I re-started because I've been substitute teaching and I"VE HAD IT! Subbing is rarely fulfilling or fun. Teachers are so busy and have so much hard work to do that there isn't much interaction with them while I'm working. It just drained me. I would come home only able to sit on the sofa and watch Oprah. If I was in an elementary school for the day, by the time I got home I would have no patience for my own kids. Blah, blah, blah. You get the picture. Our school system pays $95 a day, and I knew I could easily make that amount and more with one show, and shows are fun!

My biggest challenge, right now, is getting bookings. I have had 6 kitchen shows since April 30. One was $600, one $400+, and the others were $500+. My catalog shows were low but easy, of course. Now, I only have two more shows on my calendar - tonight and August 16.

Biggest reward is teaching others something they don't know but are glad to learn it. Well, I guess my actual biggest reward is earning super starter PC dollars and commission. I do feel that at this point it would feel so good right now if people wanted to book shows because they had so much fun at a show and knew I'd help them earn free products. Whining warning: I am taking it a little personal that I'm not getting bookings. I'm not sitting around feeling sorry for myself or making excuses. I'm reading great books and listening to CD's about how to get bookings. I'm learning a lot and plan to change some things about my presentations, starting tonight.

Glad you've joined the company. You will love it. There is so much support here on CS and so many great learning tools available. Keep learning and improving your ways. Have fun!

JAE

Are you a PC consultant fulltime or part time? Technically I guess I'm part time, but feel like I'm full time. I do about 8 shows/month (or try to anyway!) and do something biz related every day.

What made you decided to become a consultant? I went to my first show & it was so much FUN! I remember thinking that I'd never had so much fun at a job before. And I loved all the products.

Biggest challenge as a consultant? Recruiting, but I'm focusing more & trying to get better. I'm also getting better at getting on that darn phone!

Biggest reward as a consultant? Gosh, I can't name just one! Money's great, love all the products I have, have gained much self-confidence, time with my family, have made lots of new friends....just to name a few!

Related to Poll: for the Love of Pampered Chef!

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products.

How can I purchase Pampered Chef products?

You can purchase Pampered Chef products through a consultant's website or by hosting a cooking party.

What makes Pampered Chef products different from other kitchen tools?

Pampered Chef products are designed with high-quality materials and innovative features to make cooking and baking easier and more enjoyable.

Can I become a consultant for Pampered Chef?

Yes, anyone can become a consultant for Pampered Chef and earn income by hosting cooking parties and selling products.

Does Pampered Chef offer any discounts or promotions?

Yes, Pampered Chef frequently offers discounts and promotions, especially for hosting parties and purchasing bundles of products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Donna O'Brien
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kari L Ferrell
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • Patricia A Tana