• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did Play Pampered Chef Dollars Increase Sales and Bookings?

In summary, the consultant from the other company used play money to book 4 shows and got $3000, $5000, and $1000 in purses. The invite had items listed worth bucks and at the end of the show, we got to pick out a purse. The auction was for a candle, notepad and airfreshener. Easy, cheap items were being bet against each other and at the end, the consultant from the other company got a candle, notepad and airfreshener.
lockhartkitchen
I just went to this other company's party this week and using play money she booked 4 shows! I'll explain later. Does anyone have play money they have created in text that I could use?

If you mean like rewards for hosting here is what I use. Not sure what you mean by playing PC dollars.

Attachments

• booking coupons-1.doc
    122 KB · Views: 590
Those are cute chefmosely. I'm looking for what looks like monopoly money $1000 $5000 $10000. I did find some online that I might cut out pictures from old catalogs and glue into the center of each.

You can also buy monopoly money..

so explain how did it work? :)

The invitation I got for the show had items listed worth bucks for an auction.

Ex. $1000 RSVP
$3000 bring a snack
$5000 bring an outside order
$1000 bring the invitation

Throughout the show we got bucks for remembering details about the products, etc. At the end of the show, we filled out our order forms. When we were done, we got to pick out a purse (they were hard cardboard that velcroed shut- purchased at dollar tree). Do not open. She said that all the purses had 2 or 3 things written inside: discounts, free products, or the phrase "you're having a show with me". We had the choice to put the purse back, "take a chance and open it", or if you knew you already wanted a show, you could asked to double it. Only one person put their purse back. (I didn't want a show, but wanted to take the chance and see what was inside). Mine said $3000 bucks and $2.00 off my show, someone else got $5000 bucks and "you're having a show with me". It couldn't be a catalog show unless you were booking a home show too in the future. She got 4 bookings! People could have said no, but they were attracted to the game. If it said free candle, and the person who chose to have a show before opening it, she got to double it and get 2 candles.

At the end, the auction was for a candle, notepad and airfreshener. (we knew the items at the beginning of the show) Easy, cheap items and women were betting against each other! I was amazed. I couldn't find the purses, so I purchased little gift boxes at dollar tree. I'm doing the $ amounts, but free cookbook (season's best), citrus peeler, free spice, etc. I'll let everyone know how it goes at my Friday and Saturday shows.

to demonstrate this idea, I'm taking the boxes to our cluster meeting tomorrow night. We're going to do a mock trial of it. I'm handing out the bucks for most number of shows last month, who drove the farthest to come, etc. Auction off an orange peeler (put some silliness in it), just so they see how the auction works. Hand out the boxes and demo how it works.

Sounds great! Let us know how the trial goes! :) I'd love to do this. I went to another DS show a couple years ago where the consultant had little favors her company provides for door prizes and she had little slips of paper inside each item. She told you up front what the phrases said, so you didn't have to participate if you didn't want to. So you could pick and item, open it and read the slip of paper inside. They said, "You win this free", "You win this & get to pick another", "You won a show". None offered discounts or anything, so I like the phrases you are using. I was thinking of doing something like this, just didn't know how to hide the papers... so the purse or box idea is great! :)

My first real cooking show is on the 22nd. I think this would be an awesome idea! I'm pretty nervous about it. My first 2 shows are catalog shows, one isn't doing well at all, and the other is doing alright. I also have 4 shows booked for one night, some of my team mates are doing bingo at a local church, with the prizes being pampered chef stuff with orders being taken before the games begin. I'll have 6 shows done before I really do my first show! The one on the 22nd makes me nervous because it will be a bunch of girls from high school that I haven't seen in almost 9 years. I guess I'm looking for a way to get them all excited and make them want to book since we didn't all get a long so great back then! Thanks for the idea! If you get your money done, could you show it so I could see an example. I'll play with something too, but I'm not sure how to upload files on here yet, I just joined yesterday!

Something like this?
1000.jpg

I just did that one up real quick. Here's a blank white one that you can add your own amounts & photo:
Blank.jpg

Thanks Sheila! These look fantastic!

lockhartkitchen said:
I just went to this other company's party this week and using play money she booked 4 shows! I'll explain later. Does anyone have play money they have created in text that I could use?

You can get play money at the dollar tree store! Or even at Walmart in the section for kids learning things, same aisle as crayons, and glue.

Stephanie

Sheila said:
Something like this?
1000.jpg

I just did that one up real quick. Here's a blank white one that you can add your own amounts & photo:
Blank.jpg

Yes!!!!!! Can you do $3000 and $5000 and $10000? I can save, but I can't fill in from my end. That's exactly what I wanted. I was going to have to do it the hard way. Glue pictures on.

instead of boxes or whatever, use PC products. Use food prep bowls, or simple additions mugs turned upside down?

How do I download these? I would like to try this too. It sounds like fun.

I just double clicked, brought up the picture and saved. I still need $5000 $3000 and $10000 before Friday. Can someone help?

Did you want the middle circle part blank? I'm making them with the numbers you wanted- I'll post it in just a minute.

At the Home Interiors show I just went to, the consultant did an auction for 3 items and she showed us the first two and then the last she had in a box and told us the value but didn't let us see it. Of course EVERYONE bid on that box and I ended up winning it! LOL I was a pair of beautiful sconces. It was so much fun I decided to incorpate in in my shows.

The consultants money wasn't anything fancy.... but we all had a blast "bidding" :)

How's this?

Attachments

• 3000.jpg
    3000.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 569
  • 5000.jpg
    5000.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 433
  • 10000.jpg
    10000.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 442
this is a really cool game. I might try a variation to it. A long time ago when i used to sell Avon a friend had a holiday "show" for me. I did something like this to a degree. I used monopoly money and gave out certain amounts for various things. auctioned off things I'd accumulated (avon's return policy kind of a pain, alway tried to sell or give away things). I didn't tell people what they were just gave hints and everyone would bid on the items. Everyone loved it. I could see this working even better.

I can't get it to let me put pictures in can you do food chopper and picture of your choice on the two others? Thank you soooooo much.

Let me know if this is what you wanted. I have fun doing this, so I'll gladly change anything on these or pick different pictures if you want!

Attachments

• 10k_bill.jpg
    10k_bill.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 435
  • 5k_bill.jpg
    5k_bill.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 442
  • 3k_bill.jpg
    3k_bill.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 530
can somebody explain this concept more to me? I'd love to do this!

Thank you Michelle. They are beautiful! Merkey look back at the beginning of my postings to see what I am doing with them. I'm trying it Friday to see how it goes for me. Thanks again Michelle for your work! I truly appreciate it.

You're welcome! :)

What program are you creating these in? They are really cute and I have a few changes I would like to make to them.

Thanks!

Where in Oregon do you live Tara? I'm in McMinnville.

Hi Julie,

I am in Eugene. Only an hour away.

What program are these done in? Can you post them so we can chage things on them? THANKS!

Just expanding on everyones beautiful PC Bucks... This is what I did with them and plan to print each denomination on a different colored paper.

Attachments

• PC Bucks 5k.doc
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
  • PC Bucks 1k.doc
    1.7 MB · Views: 424
  • PC Bucks 3k.doc
    868.5 KB · Views: 315
  • PC Bucks 10k.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 296
Thanks everyone for your hard work. I wanted it multi to a page, now I don't have to do that. You are all great! I'm using these at my show tomorrow with 11 guaranteed in attendance. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works.

Sorry! Been MIA & didn't see that some of you were requesting more. I just made more after checking PM's. When I came here to post, I saw that some of you have already given other ideas.

But, since I made them, I figured I'd share them. ;)

I just did $5,000 & $10,000 - I've never seen money in $3,000 ... that seemed a little weird. LOL

1000.jpg

5000.jpg

10000.jpg

And like the previous poster did, you can open up any program and insert multiple copies of the same photo so that you can print more than one per page. This will work in MS Word, Excel, etc. ;)

For those of you who would prefer to save ink & print on colored paper, just remember that the white sections (like on the food chopper) will come out the color of your paper and won't be as appealing to the customer. :( That's why I did the original one to print the background color also.

This is a great idea guys!! Now at the end of the show the ladies use the purses for money so they can bid on the FREE items the consultant is giving away??
Then the invitation says that they have money if they come etc.? I am sorry I have 7 kids and my mind is mush on Sat. I do have a show tomorrow and would love to try this out tomorrow and monday. Ih ave tried to read her post over and over but I don't get why the money is thousands of dollars and why they have poducts on them.??

Cant wait to hear about her shows

I might sound stupid but how does the acution work? let me see if I have the rest right..they get what ever is in there purse if they choose to keep it? And I guess you would explain what is in the boxes before you give them out giving any one the chance to put there purse back if they don't want a show, because they may pick that purse? And if they pick the purse with the have a show then they have to book the show? now do you ask them before they open the purse wether they were going to book the party or not? And would you only do this with small parties..I am doing a party of 30 this monday and it seems like I would be spending alot of money on items even if it is a citrus peeler?

I think what I would do is let them auction on boxes (purses) inside could be a coupon or something for that night, but it could also say BOOK A SHOW they would of course know that ahead of time, and if they participate and get a book a show they have to hold it within say 6 weeks, the book a show would also have a product or product value along with it. The deal is though that they get that product, but it will be added to their order, and they will get it when the shipment comes. 1. it will boost their show a bit, and 2. if they want it bad enough, they wont cancel on you!

I think I would do boxes of different sizes and number them and then let them bid on which boxes they want.

The directions confused me too.

If I am understanding it correctly everyone gets a "purse" at checkout and has the option of opening it and using the discounts, free product or picking a date for their show and then at the end everyone uses their "bucks" to bid on a set item or group of items all to be given to the highest bidder.

Sorry if my directions were confusing. It's hard to explain in text vs. in person. Jen has it. Tonight I did my first show using this game. When guests arrive, I check my list of values and ask them questions: "Did you RSVP to Sarah" Great you get $1000. Have you ever been to a Pampered Chef Show before? You haven't! Well you get $3000 for our auction tonight. One guest showed up with a bottle of wine to share, so I gave her $3000. The past host came and I gave her $3000. I showed guests the items I was going to be auctioning off at the end of the show: pink measure all cup, pumpkin SA dish, and a goody bag with a pan scraper, orange peeler and HWC pin. I told them that I would be handing out money throughtout the show for questions about products, product uses, and about the business. "Can we use that blade for cheese too?" -gave her $1000. "Can the stone go in the microwave?" -gave $1000. (The pictures on the bills are just to look pretty- nothing to earn that product).

At the end of the demo, while the brie was in the oven, I gave guests 2 min . timed to asked me questions about the PC business. I handed out $$ for questions. I then ask each guests to pick a decorative box I had sitting out, but Don't open. I explained that each box contained Lockhart $$ amounts inside, to use for today's auction, some boxes had free gifts inside and 50% of the boxes said "You're having a cooking show with me!" I talked about my recipes for December (photos are inside each guest's folder) and January Power Cookings Shows- choice of chicken or beef. I also talked about the cost of all the items I used to make tonight's brie (listed the items) at $233. When they have their cooking show in January they would only be paying $45 for all those products! I let guests know they had the optiion not to take a chance to get free products and they could choose to hand me back the box, or if they already knew they wanted a cooking show with me, they could choose to double what was inside their box (no they don't have to do 2 shows with me!). I went around and ask each guest what they would like to do. #1 "I'll double it" She got a free spice (double makes 2) $5000 bucks (makes it $10000 bucks) and "you're having a cooking show)
#2 "I'll double it" She got 1 free gift (doubled it- I gave her an old season's best and orange peeler)
#3 Chance it and open it. $3000 bucks and a free mini spatula (I added to her order- could have purchased as a consultant at a discount, but didn't)
#4 passed-she was moving out of state soon, so didn't open box. I did read what was inside. She would have had a free cookbook.
#5 "I'll double it" She got $5000 bucks, a free cookbook (which I'll give her a choice of at her cooking show in January)
#6 passed (her mom is the one who doubled it and booked a show)
#7 opened and got $3000 bucks and a gift (gave her a HWC pin)
#8 opened (the show was booked off of her's so she booked another ) Bucks and free cookbook

Imagine if those who had chose to open had "You're having a cooking show!" I would have had 5 bookings! I left with 3 bookings.

They now had all the bucks I was handing out. They counted and I reviewed what we were bidding on. I ask who would like to start the bidding for the pumpkin dish. "$5,000!!" "10,000! "11,000" $22,000" Going once, twice, it's yours! So on, with the other 2 items. I forgot to tell an important direction at the beginning. You are all working for yourself. You can not combine bucks from someone else to get something, or give someone else your remaining bucks. I collected all the bucks, and booked those who got bookings, when I closed out. I hope that makes sense now.

How awesome, thanks for sharing, I will bring this up at my cluster meeting on Monday and definitely try this at my next show!

ahhh i see, so you have a box for each guest... what if you dont have enough boxes? I have a whole bunch of 2x2x2 boxes that i used for wedding favors from my past wedding, i bet i could use those and not have a whole lot extra to carry.

I bought boxes at dollar tree. They come as a set of two (one inside the other- so one is slightly smaller) The bigger is only about 4x4. They are shiny-look like they are covered in wrapping paper. I bought 6 (so end up with 12). I'm going back to purchase a few more in case I have bigger shows. I covered a box from copy paper with wrapping paper and put the boxes inside that. You could use this same concept using other things: plastic eggs at easter, small Christmas stockings with the note inside, hearts, etc. the ideas are endless.

I am going to try this tonight my party is about 18- 20 people..I will let you all know how it goes...

Sorry I'm just now reading this post again. The ones I made were done in Photoshop.

How did your party go with this pamperedkyle?

I had 10 ladies and the bucks were a HUGE hit! :D Everyone had sooo much fun that one lady, who had to leave early, stood up and said "I have been to a LOT of home sales shows and a few PC shows as well, I have to say, this has been THE funnest show I have ever attended!" :balloon:

So... the details. Everyone shared, everyone ohhhhed and ahhhhed. The ladies loved the auction and were more than thrilled to take home the door prizes I gave out. Ladies cheered and participated. but the bottom line?...

Only 6 of the 10 ladies bought something :confused: AND not a single order was over 2 items, and NOBODY was over $30.00!! :mad: 10 ladies attended, everyone got door prizes and proclaimed they had "the best time ever" and the show has not even qualified!! :cry: WTH??:grumpy: Could I have done anything more?! I just don't get it!! :cry:

Oh and every single lady was thrilled to take my gift but NOT my booking!:mad: zero bookings or catalog parties. :yuck::cool:

1. How does using play money increase sales and bookings at Pampered Chef parties?

Using play money at Pampered Chef parties can create a sense of fun and excitement for guests. This can lead to increased engagement and interest in the products being demonstrated, resulting in more sales. Additionally, the play money can serve as an incentive for guests to book their own parties, as they can use their "earnings" towards future purchases.

2. Can you explain how using play money at a Pampered Chef party resulted in booking 4 shows?

Using play money at a Pampered Chef party can encourage guests to participate in booking a party by giving them a tangible reward for doing so. This can lead to multiple bookings, as guests may want to continue earning and using their play money at future parties. Additionally, the excitement and energy created by the play money can make guests more likely to commit to hosting a party.

3. Are there any tips for creating effective play money for Pampered Chef parties?

When creating play money for Pampered Chef parties, it's important to make it visually appealing and tie it in with the company's branding. You can also consider adding fun slogans or images related to cooking and entertaining. Additionally, make sure the denominations of the play money are appropriate for the products being sold, and that guests can easily identify and understand the value of each bill.

4. Can I use my own custom play money at a Pampered Chef party?

While Pampered Chef does provide play money for their parties, you are welcome to create and use your own custom play money if you prefer. Just make sure it aligns with the company's policies and guidelines, and that it doesn't confuse or mislead guests in any way.

5. Does anyone have a text version of play money that I could use for my Pampered Chef party?

There are many resources available online for customizable play money templates that you can use for your Pampered Chef party. Just make sure to personalize it with the company's branding and add your own creative touches to make it unique. You can also reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant or team for any additional resources or ideas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Marie Amato
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Audra Noonan
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Trudie32
  • Kimmie2010