• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Pizza Crusts on Large Bar Pan

Renee Anderson

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2012
Hello,
I make pizzas frequently on my Large Bar Pan. When I first got the stone, I lightly oiled the stone to start the seasoning process and to prevent sticking and the crusts turned out beautifully. Now, as the stone has gained a bit of seasoning and has turned a golden brown, my crusts are dry and crispy. I continue to LIGHTLY oil the bar pan prior to rolling out the refridgerated pizza crusts, and don't over cook the crust. Most recipes call for pre-baking the crusts for a period. I do, only to a minimal golden brown, but still my crust is dry and crispy, not soft and tender. This is affecting the quality of my finished product at my shows! Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks so much!

babywings76

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2008
What rack level are you putting it on in the oven? If you want crispy crusts, it's good to put it on the bottom rack. If you want softer crusts, then put it higher up. Don't prebake it as long, too. I have the opposite problem, I like my crust more firm and mine always seem to be too soft. :)

Renee Anderson

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2012
The thing is, I use various ovens but continue to get similar results. Mostly, the racks are at the middle to lower range in the oven. I can certainly move it up to a higher rack and try that. Thanks for the suggestion.
And, no, I for sure don't overbake. The top of the crust is still soft and tender, it's the bottom of the crust, the part touching the stone, that is crispy and tough.

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
Have you experimented and tried doing one at home without the oil? My first thought is, if the stone is seasoned (sounds like it is), the extra oil might be causing the crispness...

Renee Anderson

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2012
My first thought is, if the stone is seasoned (sounds like it is), the extra oil might be causing the crispness...

I find this response interesting...I was thinking of using MORE oil, not less. Can you explain your reasoning? Please and thank you.

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
I find this response interesting...I was thinking of using MORE oil, not less. Can you explain your reasoning? Please and thank you.

Well, you add oil to things to crisp them when baking is all... if you're worried about sticking, maybe using the corn meal trick instead of oil...

Renee Anderson

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2012
Thanks for clarifying, nikked! I understand now where you are coming from. Cornmeal sounds like a great plan. Thanks for sharing that tip!

Renee Anderson

Gold Member
Mar 14, 2012
I had a party tonight and I made the Three Cheese Garden Pizza and I sprinkled some Cornmeal on the Large Bar Pan prior to rolling out the Pillsbury Pizza crust and it worked like a charm! Thanks so much for the tip!

nikked

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2005
YEAH! I love it when a plan comes together! :) glad it worked for you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
PCJenni
Replies
Views