• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pineapple Wedger Review: Bottom Seal Detachment Issue Resolved

In summary, the wedger's bottom seal does not stay attached, and dishwashing apparently helps to make it snug.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Just took this out of the plastic and noted that the bottom "seal" on the wedger does not stay attached to the unit when you pick it up.

Is it supposed to?

Do you mean the white cover? If so, yes. Mine stays on very well. If you're talking about anything else, I'm thinking it's something that's not supposed to stay on beyond the shipping. I've had mine since it came out, so I don't remember what was there when it was first taken out of the package.

I think I "shrunk" one in the dishwasher and that helped it stay on better.

I remember when we first got them, they said to run the protective cover through the dishwasher to make it fit tighter.

Hmmmm ... I'll see if that works. I hate to ship it back but it falls off and is not the least bit snug. I have a show this weekend that is a no-demo show but was hoping to show it off.

Dishwasher was the answer for mine too....and yes- I seem to remember reading somewhere that they told us to do that.

Dishwasher. The reason is that if they make it snug at the first place then after dishwashing it would be too tight.
I tell my customers that if they do not have a dishwasher, yes some do not, then just pop it in a pot of boiling (pasta) water for a few seconds or so.

Di_Can_Cook said:
Just took this out of the plastic and noted that the bottom "seal" on the wedger does not stay attached to the unit when you pick it up.

Is it supposed to?

I just had that happen with two wedgers from a show. Sitting in a 100 degree car all day did nothing to tighten them up either. I called HO and instead of replacing the whole thing they are sending two replacement covers. I would contact them for an adjustment.

You know, I completely missed that advice when it originally came out. I am def. putting mine in the dish washer! Thanks!

Related to Pineapple Wedger Review: Bottom Seal Detachment Issue Resolved

1. What is the issue with the bottom seal detachment on the Pineapple Wedger?

The bottom seal detachment issue on the Pineapple Wedger was a common problem reported by customers. It refers to the plastic seal at the bottom of the device that holds the pineapple in place while it is being sliced. Many customers have experienced this seal breaking or detaching, making it difficult to use the wedger effectively.

2. Has the issue been resolved?

Yes, the issue with the bottom seal detachment has been resolved. After receiving feedback from customers, Pampered Chef has made improvements to the design of the Pineapple Wedger, ensuring that the bottom seal is now more durable and less likely to detach.

3. How was the issue resolved?

Pampered Chef has made changes to the material and design of the bottom seal on the Pineapple Wedger. The new seal is made of a stronger and more durable material, and it is also now securely attached to the device, reducing the likelihood of detachment.

4. Are there any other improvements to the Pineapple Wedger?

Yes, in addition to resolving the bottom seal detachment issue, Pampered Chef has also made improvements to the overall design of the Pineapple Wedger. The blades have been sharpened for easier slicing, and the handle has been redesigned for a more comfortable grip.

5. Can customers who previously purchased the Pineapple Wedger get a replacement for the old model?

Yes, customers who purchased the Pineapple Wedger before the design improvements were made can contact Pampered Chef for a replacement. The new and improved Pineapple Wedger is now available for purchase and will be provided as a replacement for those who experienced issues with the older model.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • cochef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • DebPC