1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Pineapple Wedger--extra bonus

1. pamperedharriet

pamperedharriet Legacy Member

I don't know if this is the right section for this but I found on Del Monte which is the website for Del Monte you can get 75 cents off coupons for their Gold Extra Sweet pineapples.

I am giving my customers this site information to help defray the cost of fresh pineapples to encourage sales of our pineapple wedger.

2. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Good idea! Thanks for sharing!

3. Dina Atnip

Dina Atnip Advanced Member Gold Member

Thanks for letting us know.

May 2, 2009
  4. Ginger428

Ginger428 Legacy Member Gold Member

Thanks for the info....

May 2, 2009
  5. pamperedharriet

Your welcome! I told a few people about it today when I delivered their backordered pineapple wedgers and they were thrilled! I used my coupon today too!

6. Harriet you do such a fantastic job with your FB page! I saw this there and I mentioned it to my MIL who had just received the pineapple wedger today! What a great tip!

7. pamperedharriet

Thanks, Michelle. I try to think of ways to get the word out without getting into trouble. Not always easy. I hope it helps others and that is the biggest thing. We all support each other around here and share knowledge. I just got a note back from my director about this "find" and she thought that was giving my customers great customer service as more and more people are looking for ways to save money and how we are helping them.

8. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

thanks for the tip! I bring a pineapple to every show and have sold 2-3 wedgers AT LEAST at every show since I started doing this. Now it will cost me even less! :)

May 4, 2009
  9. stacywhitlow

stacywhitlow Veteran Member

Slightly off topic...but...it makes a great hostess gift. Place fresh pineapple on top of pineapple wedger, wrap with cellophane & secure with bow. Great for realtors gifts, etc.

May 4, 2009
  10. pamperedharriet

Great idea, Stacy! I should mention this to my realtor/friend when I see her again.

11. IAmChefJ

IAmChefJ Member

Thank you! There's a "send to a friend" link on there that I used to send the link to my customers!

Joyce

May 4, 2009
  12. aPamperedBride

aPamperedBride Member Gold Member

After having them on a British Airways flight, I made pineapple spears with the wedger! How fun! I'm really enjoying this tool. Down here, Sprouts has had pineapple on sale regularly...last week, it was 97 cents! This week, it is 2 for $4, so while it isn't Del Monte, it is inexpensive and delicious!

13. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Do you just cut them in halves/quarters?

May 5, 2009
  14. janezapchef

janezapchef Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks for letting us know, Harriet!
    I'm now in love with the pineapple wedger, after almost slicing my thumb off the first time I used it, probably needing stitches but not getting them and then not using it for almost a month after that! The tip to cut the darn thing in half is paramount to success!

May 5, 2009
  15. WLMcCoy

WLMcCoy Advanced Member

Or Mother's Day! My MIL loves pineapple, so I stole your idea! :)

May 5, 2009
Have something to add?