1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pineapple Rum Sauce

1. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Hey, guys! I'm just looking for ideas for the Pineapple Rum Sauce.... Does anyone have any great recipes or uses for the Pineapple Rum Sauce? Thanks a ton!!!

Apr 6, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

It's really good poured over the top of grilled salmon. Or pound cake. Or vanilla ice cream. Or pepperoni pizza.

Apr 6, 2009
  3. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

good poured over cream chesse too!

Apr 6, 2009
  4. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

That is my favorite way of showing it off because it can showcase the 2qt Collapsible bowl in the collapsed position. Surround with crackers and you have a quick and easy appetizer for your guests.

5. jross93

jross93 Member

Do you literally just "pour" it over the cream cheese, or do you mix it in? Do you use the block cream cheese or the whipped tub?
    Jen

Apr 6, 2009
  6. kaseydee

kaseydee Veteran Member Gold Member

Literally pour it over the cream cheese.

Apr 6, 2009
  7. dancedivine

dancedivine Member

Great ideas!!!! Has anyone used it as a marinade or grilled with it?

Apr 6, 2009
  8. kreaser

kreaser Advanced Member Gold Member

I just used it today..I put some cut up polish kielbasa in my crockpot and poured some over the kielbasa and let it cook on low for about 4 hours...it was so yummy!

Apr 6, 2009
  9. DessertDivaFL

DessertDivaFL Veteran Member Gold Member

That sounds so so good!

10. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

It's a little thick I think to use as a marinade. Because of the sugar content, I think it would burn pretty quickly if used that way.
    I did do a broiled tilapia and brush some on for the last minute or so. That was really good!

Apr 7, 2009
  11. merego

merego Senior Member

This is my FAV..... :thumbup:so yummy, I put it on the bamboo platter to display :)

Apr 7, 2009
  12. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I put 1/3 of the cc. in each of the two small white bowls in the carrier with pineapple rum on one and the ginger wasabi on the other for people to tasted using thick pretzel braids to dip into it.

Apr 7, 2009
  13. PamperedPeggy

PamperedPeggy Member

It is great with brie, as well. Cut your brie in half. Place 1/2 of brie, cut side up, on small bar pan and pour some of the pineapple rum sauce over top. Place second 1/2 of brie on top, cut side up, and pour more pineapple rum sauce over top. Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Yummy!

14. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

Oooh, I bet that is good.

Apr 9, 2009
  15. pcjenr

pcjenr Novice Member

Serve with Crackers - like saltines, or wheat thins? Help - I have a wedding shower next weekend and I want to try this, but have never done it. Also, exactly how much pineapple rum sauce are we pouring on top?

Apr 18, 2009
  16. smspamperedchef

smspamperedchef Veteran Member Silver Member

Oh my gosh I made a beef stir fry yesterday. After I cut up the beef in bite size pieces I salt and peppered them and stuck it in a zip lock bag I then poured the Ginger Wasabi sauce over it for a quick marinade and then stir fried it. Mixed it with peppers and onions and served it mixed in with rice. My family LOVED it!!! It would probably be great with the Pineapple Rum Sauce too! I'll try that next!

Have something to add?