• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Lava Cake: Tips and Tricks for Cooking and Presentation

In summary, to make lava cake in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB), grease the baker with cooking spray and pour in cake batter. Add a spoonful of filling in the center and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes. You can use any type of cake mix, but adjust cooking time accordingly. The lid is only needed when baking in the oven. Multiple lava cakes can be made at once, leaving space between each cake. To clean the DCB after making lava cake, let it cool and wash with warm, soapy water or use a nylon pan scraper for stubborn bits.
pcjackie
How long to you cook it?? and lid on or off?? I tried it and it flopped...need for a show tonight! Helppppp

Lid on, 11-13 min. Take it out and remove lid so steam can escape. Let it rest for 15 min. and then serve.

Lid off will still work as I have cooked them in my fluted pan which has no lid. Same amount of time for cooking lid on or off

thanks ladies!!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that your dish didn't turn out as expected. Cooking times can vary depending on the recipe and oven temperature, so it's important to follow the instructions closely. As for the lid, it also depends on the recipe - some dishes may require the lid to be on, while others may need it off. If you're in a rush for your show tonight, I suggest checking the recipe again and making sure you have all the necessary ingredients and equipment. If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support team. They will be happy to help you troubleshoot and get your dish ready for your show. Best of luck!

1. How do I make lava cake in the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker (DCB)?

To make lava cake in the DCB, start by greasing the baker with cooking spray. Then, mix together your cake batter according to the package instructions and pour it into the baker. Next, add a spoonful of your desired filling (such as chocolate chips or caramel) into the center of the batter. Microwave the cake on high for 6-8 minutes or until the center is set. Let it cool for a few minutes before serving.

2. Can I use a different type of cake mix for the lava cake in the DCB?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for the lava cake in the DCB. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as different cake mixes may have different baking times.

3. Do I need to cover the DCB while microwaving the lava cake?

No, you do not need to cover the DCB while microwaving the lava cake. The lid should only be used when baking in the oven.

4. Can I make more than one lava cake at a time in the DCB?

Yes, you can make multiple lava cakes at a time in the DCB. Just be sure to leave enough space between each cake to allow for even cooking.

5. How do I clean the DCB after making lava cake?

To clean the DCB after making lava cake, let it cool down completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. You can also use the Pampered Chef Nylon Pan Scraper to remove any stubborn bits of cake or filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lisa717
  • chefnene
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rhonda-Roo
  • paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies