• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Perfecting Boston Creme Pie Squares: Tips for a Flawless Custard Filling

In summary, a Boston Creme Pie Square is a delectable dessert consisting of layers of yellow cake, custard filling, and a chocolate glaze. It is essentially a smaller version of the traditional Boston Cream Pie. To store, it should be kept in an airtight container in the fridge and can be made in advance, but it's best to add the glaze before serving. Variations include using different types of cake, filling, and toppings.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I made these earlier today for lunch tomorrow. As of right now, it has not completely set up. I know I followed the recipe to a T but the only thing I could think of was even though I left the custard in the Double Broiler for as long as it said, it was "thicK" but was thicker than what is was. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have never made these so I can not be of help. They sure do sound YUMMY!

I know! I'm so disappointed! But I will try again!

Related to Perfecting Boston Creme Pie Squares: Tips for a Flawless Custard Filling

1. What is a Boston Creme Pie Square?

A Boston Creme Pie Square is a delicious dessert made with layers of buttery yellow cake, rich custard filling, and a smooth chocolate glaze on top. It is typically cut into squares for serving.

2. Is Boston Creme Pie Square the same as Boston Cream Pie?

Yes, Boston Creme Pie Square is essentially a smaller version of the traditional Boston Cream Pie. It is made with the same ingredients and has the same flavor profile, but in a convenient square shape.

3. How do I store Boston Creme Pie Squares?

Boston Creme Pie Squares should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They will last for up to 3 days, but are best enjoyed within the first 24-48 hours.

4. Can I make Boston Creme Pie Squares in advance?

Yes, you can make Boston Creme Pie Squares in advance. You can prepare the cake and custard filling ahead of time, and then assemble them when you're ready to serve. However, it's best to add the chocolate glaze just before serving for the freshest taste.

5. Are there any variations of Boston Creme Pie Squares?

Yes, there are many variations of Boston Creme Pie Squares. Some recipes use a different type of cake, such as chocolate or sponge cake, and some use a different type of filling, like whipped cream or pastry cream. You can also add toppings like sliced almonds or fresh berries for added flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
doughmama
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless
  • lacychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies