• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Paying for Postage: Cost-Saving Tips for Hosting Invitations

In summary, many hosts pay for postage for their invites. It can be a cost of the event or a gift to the host for doing a great job.
Jenni
How many of you pay for postage for your hosts invites? I'm not even sure what a postage stamp runs these days but I gotta think it would add up... Please she with me if you do and why? Thanks~
PS- I do not have a web page yet! I plan to but I need to make my money back that I have already put into my business before I spend more.

if you do not want to pay for the postage you have a few options...

1) Tell them that you will do their invites for them. You do ask them to include a check for the amt of postage (each invitee x .26 price of a postcard stamp) You will do the rest of the work!

2) Tell them that you will do their invites for them. If they give you at least 40 names and addresses the cost of the Postage is your gift to them for doing a great job and thinking outside the box. If they have less than 40 the above would apply.

This helps to get invites up.. Who does not want free postage? If they invite 40 or more you usually have better sales and attendance which will cover you paying the postage.

The cost to you for sending 40 invites would be $10.40. and you can claim it on your taxes.

Also say they get 2 extra guests from inviting more people if the 2 of them order an average of $30 in product you would make back $12.00 in comission....

Sometimes it helps to look at the big picture.

I Highly reccomend getting the website and putting a note about ordering online on all of your invites! Since I started doing this the orders I get via my site more than pay for the site. You do need to talk about it though!

Last edited:
I rarely send out invites or have my hosts mail out invites anymore. I have found that a PHONE CALL is the best invitation there is. Most hosts follow that up with an email. Sometimes they'll mail stuff.I just prepped invites to mail for the first time this year. :)

Debbie... I would LOVE to go that direction. I just can not get anyone to get on the phone! I do find email is good too!

I mail full page THEMED show invites. (Print them in B&W, on colorful paper) I put them in business sized envies with the host as the return address. I add something about not being able to attend, they can still browse the entire catty and place an order for suzy host's show at my website.

$1,000 = Free Postage

That way they work hard to have a great guest list AND to collect orders!

See my signature for more info...

I like that Kelly.... I may switch to that!

Paulette...I used to do the 40 names = free postage too...then I heard this and figured it would help raise my show average. I am sure we have hosts who would put names and addresses down of people who they KNOW wouldn't spend $$ or show up just to hit the 40 names.

This also helps to give them incentive AFTER the show to round up a few orders!

1. How can I save money on postage when sending out invitations for a Pampered Chef party?

One cost-saving tip for hosting invitations is to use electronic invitations instead of traditional mail. This can save both time and money since you won't have to pay for postage or printing costs. You can also create a Facebook event or send emails to invite your guests.

2. Can I use stamps from previous Pampered Chef parties for my current invitations?

Yes, you can use leftover stamps from previous parties as long as they have enough postage to cover the current postage rate. If not, you can purchase additional stamps to make up the difference.

3. How can I estimate the postage cost for my invitations?

The best way to estimate the postage cost is to take a sample invitation to the post office and have it weighed. This will give you an accurate cost for the number of invitations you plan to send out.

4. Are there any special postage rates for Pampered Chef invitations?

No, there are no special postage rates for Pampered Chef invitations. The cost will depend on the weight, size, and destination of your invitations, just like any other mail.

5. Is there a limit to how many invitations I can send for one postage price?

Yes, there is a limit to how many invitations you can send for one postage price. This limit is based on the weight and size of your invitations. It's best to check with your local post office for specific guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
Replies