1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Pasta in microcooker?

1. Can i use the microcooker to boil pasta in? Not sure if it can be used that way but thinking maybe so. Or the Rice Cooker Plus? Thanks!

Feb 17, 2013
  2. CookinWithLynda

CookinWithLynda Member

This is from the Rice Cooker Plus file on this site:

Pasta in the Rice Cooker
    Add pasta (about 1/3 to 1/2*of the box of spaghetti) & cover with water to about an inch higher than the noodles,*cooks for*10 minutes and then*check for doneness, if to your liking, drain it, Add sauce and serve. A one pot meal! Be careful about how much water you put in it, do not fill it to the top or it will overflow. All microwaves have different wattage so you may have to adjust the cook time.
    Kraft Mac N Cheese is 10-11 minutes.
    Premade tortellini is about 4 minutes
    Small amounts of thin pasta, enough for 1 serving, takes about 2 minutes, heavier pasta like elbow might take 5-6 minutes.

Hope it helps.

3. Oh thank you! I hadn't seen this!

Feb 17, 2013
  4. lt1jane

lt1jane Veteran Member Gold Member

I make macaroni noodles in my Micro Cooker all the time.

Having a 6 year-old, you make a lot of macaroni and cheese... (Love using my own pasta and Wildtree's Kids Cheez Blend. I can make just as much as I need or a little more if I want leftovers. My own pasta is a better quality pasta than the box stuff and reheats well, something I can't say for the box stuff.)

Feb 17, 2013
  5. pjpamchef

pjpamchef Member Silver Member

I make pasta all the time; It doesn't need to "cook", as it just needs time in boiling hot water. In the large micro cooker, I bring it to a boil (usually 5-6 min) and then I put in whatever pasta I'm cooking, and basically let it sit. I open and stir every couple of min to keep it from sticking. Usually needs to sit for about the same amount of time it says on the box to boil on the stove.

Feb 17, 2013
Have something to add?