• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chefnc... First Timer Orientation and Virtual Tour

In summary, there is a first timers orientation and a home office tour at the conference. The first timers orientation is highly recommended and provides valuable insights into the conference and events. The home office tour is a fun experience and allows attendees to see old products on display. There are concerns about the new virtual home office tour, but the shopping spree and test kitchens will still be included. Some attendees plan to skip Monday's events and instead focus on workshops and networking opportunities to benefit their business. Others plan to make the most of their time at the conference and enjoy the extra days in Chicago.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Does anyone have more info on either of these things? It will make a big difference on whether or not my team and I travel on Sunday or Monday.

Thanks!

First timers orientation is GREAT.. I went to it 2 years ago. I was in the group when it was a pilot.. It's well worth it, gives you insight as to NC and what and where for all events.

no one will likely know much about a "Virtual Home Office" tour- since that's new this year. They probably figured it'd be a logistical nightmare with 10k consultants coming in...not that they ALL take the Tour. (Personally, I'm glad they're doing a virtual tour...I've not been, and didn't plan on it since i didn't want to waste the 3-4 hrs it takes. I'd rather spend the time with my family on that Monday when we get in to town.)

The real home office tour is fun, if not only for seeing all the old products on display. I crack up thinking of some of the things we used to sell. Not sure how a virtual tour would work though. That doesn't sound like any fun.

leftymac said:
The real home office tour is fun, if not only for seeing all the old products on display. I crack up thinking of some of the things we used to sell. Not sure how a virtual tour would work though. That doesn't sound like any fun.

I agree. Although, as long as they still do the shopping spree, I think I'll survive :D

I loved the home office tour last year. To see the test kitchens first hand... That was cool, and now I bug my husband every week for a kitchen like the ones on my training dvd. :) I totally agree about the Whirlwind Shopping Spree though. Gotta keep that, and I think I read somewhere that they are. Kinda bummed that there will not be any suprise packs though. Unless they announce that later.

Where did u hear there wouldn't be any surprise packs?

I figured there may be some here who are in close contact with their upper level director who may have info on the tours. Like Beth had in advance about no exec dinner. This will be my 4th conference and I have always skipped the tour. Since I have team members attending with me both of whom I am also friends with I thought it would be super fun to do together. I just can not see that it will be worth my time and $ on an extra night of hotel. Also There was no orientation when I attended my first conference so I have no idea what this is like and if it will truly be of advantage to them and again worth the $ for an extra night of hotel.

I personally would skip Monday's events and just attend Tue, Wed. and Thu if you need to keep the travel week shorter. HO tour is fun, but not something that will increase your business, and that is what NC is about. Go to the things that will help you with your business, like workshops, networking opportunities (there is a Team Time with your Executive Director one night, even if there isn't a "Dinner") and you're good. Knowing that we used to sell a crazy gadget or sitting at Doris' desk - not so much. If I were going (and I can't b/c of my FT job), I would fly in early Tue. AM, go to all of Tue and Wed and Thu's activities, and fly home Thu afternoon (unless I had family or friends in Chicago to hang out with over the weekend!). :) JMO!

yup understand all that. Have not had much time to do anything fun in years past but this year I am not as constricted as far as childcare and wanted to have fun with my team.

etteluap70PC said:
yup understand all that. Have not had much time to do anything fun in years past but this year I am not as constricted as far as childcare and wanted to have fun with my team.

If you can go for the week, then go on Sunday and come home Saturday, and have a blast!! One year, I went a day early and stayed a day later, and had a GREAT time! Chicago is such a fun town. ENJOY! :)

I was wondering the same thing - turns out we're having a big team dinner Monday night and my Director is paying, so I don't want to miss that! :) I am flying from Wa State, and will probably take a red eye in not to miss the first timer orientation, although I will be SLEEPY!!!! I don't sleep well on planes and with the time difference, that first day will be challenging. ;)

I took the First Timer Orientation last year, but can't remember a single thing - except the freebies we got. However, I think that's because I was invited to be part of 'a select group' afterwards (that was the only info I was given, other than we'd be meeting during lunch), so was too caught up in wondering what that was all about to pay much attention. Turned out to be a focus group.

If you look at the agenda that is posted on CC, you will notice that it only shows registration being open on Monday. I have a feeling that if people wait until early Tuesday to get there, they will not be able to get their information packets, workshop tickets, etc... Just my opinion based on reading the agenda.

Janeen

pchefjaneen said:
If you look at the agenda that is posted on CC, you will notice that it only shows registration being open on Monday. I have a feeling that if people wait until early Tuesday to get there, they will not be able to get their information packets, workshop tickets, etc... Just my opinion based on reading the agenda.

Janeen

I'm sure that registration will be open. There were people there all the time in the past (in case you lost a button or needed something).

Everyone must register to be able to show that they are part of the group. To ride the shuttle you must have an official name tag.

I would expect they will be slammed on Tuesday morning if a lot of people come in later. I will be advising my consultants who are arriving Monday afternoon to get the shuttle and register that day to avoid the rush on Tuesday. Most directors and above will have registered Monday because that's when our even is and I'd encourage first timers to try to go to the events planned. It's different but sounds like it will be great fun.

I enjoyed First Timer Orientation last year. I was not able to do the HO Tour because of my cane. I believe our group is flying up on Sunday and flying out Thursday evening. I had a great time. Maybe the extra day(s) will give us a chance to get together some! I am hoping by then I will be a little stronger walking that I can forego renting the scooter this year and just use my cane. I will have to see how strong I am walking by then.

I attended the First Timer Orientation last year and to be honest, I was completely bored. I didn't really learn anything there that I hadn't learned from reading posts on here from all you guys! If I didn't have this forum in my life, I would've been lost and confused and overwhelmed, and something like that would've been great. But since I went in there pretty prepared from hearing advice and tips from others, I didn't really learn anything from the orientation and wished I had skipped it. But the freebies were nice. :)

I was thinking about whether or not I wanted to go Sunday or Monday, myself. I believe my team will be coming in on Monday, but I have never been to Chicago and wanted to see the sites. The only thing I am afraid of is the hotel costs, since my team will not be there till Monday. Is there a way to find out who is coming in early or staying a day late to possible share a room and cut down on costs? I am new to PC and NC having only been a consultant since last October. Please don't think I'm crazy if people don't do that. I was just curious.

Just got done talking with my director, she said that our upline director called and spoke with someone from Pampered Chef about National Conference this year. She stated that they are not doing Home Office Tours this year but they are doing the Virtual Home Office Tour which is free for all consultants. She said there will be no mystery boxes or surprises packs this year or a Merill booth either. There are other surprises that they have in store but they have yet to tell us about. I am kinda bummed about the surprise packs and mystery boxes but who knows?? Maybe there will be something better?!

What?? Merrill won't be there this year? And no surprise packs?
Well I guess that's "ok"...it will save me somemoney, but I loved those surprise boxes for host incentives, etc. Kinda sad.

The only thing that bums me out about Merrill is that I usually hold off buying clothes until I can try them on. Bad move!

On the Agenda, it states that Merrill will be there on Monday.

chefsteph07 said:
On the Agenda, it states that Merrill will be there on Monday.

Glad to hear that! :D

Darn. I was kind of hoping that Merrill wouldn't be there because they were switching to another company.

they are switching to another company other than Merrill? hmmm.. I think Merrill has good things but I also think they are somewhat expensive on some. I think by giving us choices would be nice. I like to have several places to choose from so we can get the best price...

I am bummed about the boxes too but like you said, maybe we will save some money... LOL.. who knows they may have something better....

I also heard that Pampered Chef had McCormick Place reserved for several more years for the original 12 days and even though our Conference is shorter this year they are still paying for the 12 days.. I dont know???

kayleigh said:
I also heard that Pampered Chef had McCormick Place reserved for several more years for the original 12 days and even though our Conference is shorter this year they are still paying for the 12 days.. I dont know???

Well, they must've have reserved every single room in all four hotels, because they say on their website that there is no availablity for the time period of the conference.

Yeah it would be nice if they were bringing in another vendor other than Merrill!
I don't know, PC has gone w/ them for a few years...guess we'll have to wait and see.
I am not losing sleep over Merrill, the lines at conference are horrendous for the chance to shop there, it should be interesting to see how they are going to do it this year.

Kayleigh, I'm not saying they are; I'm just wishing they were.

oh I see... Now that I re-read it I so read it wrong.. but I know what you mean. I wish they were cheaper on some of their stuff that is for sure.. :)

Any one else have info or feedback on the "virtual tour" or Orientation?

I am patiently waiting for registration to open up!! I can't wait. Last year was my 1s time. Orientation was great so was the home office tour, just to get to meet the folks who work at HO was wonderful, they were all so sweet. And the test kitchens were amazing!!!

If they don't do surprise packs this year I will be very sad, hopefully whatever they are replacing it with will be just as good, but I loved them for giveaways!

I'm IMPATIENTLY waiting for registration to open.

I keep refreshing the page every 2 mins! Should we start a pool on when it will be open? It's 9:15 EST. ;)

anyone know the time it is supposed to open? I don't remember seeing anything about time.

10 am central time

I'm registered! It opened just after 10 a.m. CDT.

You guys are funny. Do you guys watch grass grow or watch a pot to see when it boils too? ;)

Bobbi, can't you see me watching a PC pot of water, timing how long it takes for tap water to boil? LOL!

It really wasn't such a big deal to work on stuff online and refresh the PC page every so often. I promise I wasn't sitting there with my eyes glued on the site hitting refresh every few seconds. :)

I am registered as well! I am so excited about going. I am hoping to travel on Sunday but I will have to see what everyone else is doing. The airport we fly Southwest out of is 3 hours away so I try to go with a group since I use my DD's car and don't have one of my own.

I'm bummed about the surprise boxes too but could see it coming. I get a lot of my summer booth stuff from those. Last year I heard the lines were ridiculous and time was limited.I wonder if the retired products will be part of the $100 worth of freebies?

Related to Pampered Chefnc... First Timer Orientation and Virtual Tour

1. What is the First Timer Orientation for Pampered Chef?

The First Timer Orientation is a session designed for new consultants to familiarize themselves with the company, products, and business practices. It is typically held on the first day of the conference and is highly recommended for first-time attendees.

2. What can I expect during the First Timer Orientation?

During the First Timer Orientation, you will receive a welcome packet, learn about the history of Pampered Chef, and get an overview of the conference agenda. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have about the company and the conference.

3. Is the First Timer Orientation mandatory?

No, the First Timer Orientation is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended for new consultants. It is a great way to get acclimated to the conference and make the most out of your experience.

4. What is the Virtual Tour for Pampered Chef?

The Virtual Tour is a new feature that allows consultants to explore the conference before arriving. It includes a virtual map of the venue, information about speakers and sessions, and tips for making the most out of your experience.

5. Can I access the Virtual Tour even if I am not attending the conference?

Yes, the Virtual Tour is available to all consultants, even if you are not attending the conference. It is a great way to stay updated on the latest information and resources from Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lady Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • muffetts
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • smiley757