• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Towels: Transforming Your Kitchen Towels into Stylish Placemats

In summary, Jenny explains that she cuts the dish towel in half the short way so she ends up with two 18" x 14" halves. She hemmed the cut side to finish it off. Then, she quilted a patchwork design on the hem of one of the halves. She made two purses out of the placemats.
christinaspc
Silver Member
I was talking with my director Beth today and we were talking about our tablecloth we had a few yrs back and we also were talking about the kitchen towels that pampered chef sells and I was telling her how i sell them and she thought i should share with you so here i am.

But what i do is i fold them in half and cut them and sew 1/2 seam allounce and then you have 2 wonderful placemats and what i do at my shows with them at the corner of my demo table i will set one out and fold the other into a napkin size and set silverware on them and then set down a simple additions on them and place one of my finished demo's on there.... I alot of people ask me where did you find the wonderful placemat does pampered chef sell those and then i tell if they buy a set and cut them in half like i do they would have 4 placemats. I have sold most all of my towel's that way i sold many to my quilting group and alot of people who come my partys don't fell that sewing a seam allounce is bad to get 4 placemats... I also tell them that if you are needing a nice house warming gift for someone this make a perfect one and doesn't take much to make it into a nice gift.

So i thought i would share this i hope you all enjoy it.

It sounds like a great idea. Now, if I only knew how to sew. :)

I would have NEVER thought to do that! I can't sew...but I will sure pass along this idea!

I don't understand - can you post a pic?

I bet she thought of the towel dress from conference too!!! I'm so un-talented in the sewing world...just a wee bit of (good) envy from me towards you!!! :D Very cool idea, but I can barely sew a button on a shirt!

dannyzmom said:
I don't understand - can you post a pic?
If I am reading it right...you just cut the towel in half the SHORT way, so you end up with two halves that are about 18" x 14". Then, you just have to hem the cut side to finish it off.

I have a friend who does that to get two cloth napkins out of one cloth dish towel. Nice to know they would double as a place mat!

--Jenny L

KellyTheChef said:
If I am reading it right...you just cut the towel in half the SHORT way, so you end up with two halves that are about 18" x 14". Then, you just have to hem the cut side to finish it off.

Are our dish towels big enough to make TWO placemats each?

I just finished making a purses out of the set of placemats that we had a few years ago. I think they might have been a host only item one month. I love the purses!!

I am hoping i didn't make it too hard to read but yes you got the idea of it making them 18 X 14 I am natural born quilter so yes sewing for me is easy and i guess that is why it came to me hehe my grandmother yrs ago was a professional seamstress for Sears and JCpenny when my mother was a little girl so i guess i inherited it. Thanks for the wonderful sharing glad i could with you as well.

What are Pampered Chef Towels made of?

Pampered Chef Towels are made of 100% cotton, making them soft, absorbent, and durable.

How do I care for Pampered Chef Towels?

To keep your Pampered Chef Towels in top condition, machine wash them in cold water with like colors and tumble dry on low or air dry. Avoid using fabric softeners and bleach, as these can damage the cotton fibers.

Are Pampered Chef Towels suitable for all types of cleaning?

Yes, Pampered Chef Towels are versatile and can be used for a variety of cleaning tasks. They are great for wiping down counters, cleaning up spills, and drying dishes. However, they are not recommended for use with harsh chemicals or on delicate surfaces.

Do Pampered Chef Towels come in different sizes?

Yes, Pampered Chef Towels come in two sizes: a standard 16x24 inch size and a larger 20x30 inch size. This allows you to choose the size that best fits your needs.

Can I personalize Pampered Chef Towels?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers the option to personalize towels with a variety of designs and fonts. This makes them a great gift for friends and family or a fun way to add a personal touch to your kitchen decor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mturock
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jennyl
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
jennyl
  • June Moore