• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Forum: Empowering Consultants to Grow and Thrive

In summary, CS made a positive impact on the company and they are creating a forum for consultants nationwide. The one thing you can count on in life, is change!
scottcooks
Gold Member
Wow - we made a positive impact on the company! They are doing an internal posting forum for consultants nationwide - to start I think in March.

It will be a part of Consultant's corner. Another place to learn and grow!

The one thing you can count on in life, is change! Seems like CS made an impact for the better! Yay!!:)

Yeah..I think that that will be great..should be up around Feb 21..I only remember that..because I laughed and said..aaww..look..PC is giving me a birthday present..LOL.

The way it was announced, with mentioning not needing to have consultant-to-consultant discussions on FB anymore, made it seem like their way to keep the consultant chatter off the official PC FB page. Also, it's HO's version of CS but with their ability to monitor.

I already spend too much time on here. Just another way to way to spend time on non-income producing activity. I have no willpower!!!

Becca_in_MD said:
I already spend too much time on here. Just another way to way to spend time on non-income producing activity. I have no willpower!!!

LOL...add FB to it and I'm right there with ya! :blushing::D

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
LOL...add FB to it and I'm right there with ya! :blushing::D

I know, babycakes!

I don't even look at the PC facebook page because so many consultants are talking about stuff they shouldn't say there or things they should be talking about with their recruiter. Hopefully this will help out more!

I'll be interested to see what the conversation will be like. I think we're quite a bit more free with what we say, knowing CS isn't officially monitored by HO.

I don't think it'll take the place of CS, because of the fact that we can be a little more candid here.I do love the fact that they are doing it though, because there's definitely a need for it. That FB page is proof that most consultants are just really in need of help. ;)They sure are going to need a lot of moderators or paid people to help answer people's questions. :)

babywings76 said:
I don't think it'll take the place of CS, because of the fact that we can be a little more candid here.

I do love the fact that they are doing it though, because there's definitely a need for it. That FB page is proof that most consultants are just really in need of help. ;)

They sure are going to need a lot of moderators or paid people to help answer people's questions. :)

It's true. I really am amazed at the number of consultants that either don't read emails or have lousy training from their upline.

I had a few people ask me if I thought Consultant Forum would "put CS out of business." I think CF will be a great addition, but it will be for current PC consultants only. How many people have used CS to find out about PC before joining or keep in touch with PC friends after moving on? Plus, I can see CF as being much more just-business than CS. Which, actually, makes it a great thing for those who complained that too many of us were talking about stuff not related to business. ;)

wadesgirl said:
I don't even look at the PC facebook page because so many consultants are talking about stuff they shouldn't say there or things they should be talking about with their recruiter. Hopefully this will help out more!

This was my first thought too when I heard about the PC Forums- that they wanted to get that chatter off FB - which was NOT their intention for the FB Fan page. :) But when I do look at PC's FB page, I just change it so I only see the posts by "The Pampered Chef" and cut out the other stuff.

Maybe they realized the PC Consultants were "starved" for the interaction, etc.....not those of us on CS of course!! ;)

There is definitely a need, and it is good the company will put some energy into it. I think it's a plus! I find it hard to communicate to someone who is not computer-savvy, what benefits are on Chef Success. I guess that's OK - if they don't use their computer much, they can get some support from calls or tapes, CD's, etc.

Although I have no plans on leaving CS as you are my PC buddies and have held my hand since I got started, I am excited for the forum.

I never know what other folks are doing, other NEDs...I do not receive much info from my NED at all...maybe one phone call which was for the Spree for 53.

I love to 'lift' ideas from others, tweak them, and make them my own. I can't wait to see what will be going on over there.....

Then we will all end up over here talking about their ideas!

AND, I have run into so many consultants that have no idea that ChefSuccess is even out there.

AND, I have paid subscriptions for all my new consultants and I do not think any of them spend time over here so I have stopped doing it. Maybe if it is on CC, they will get inspired! You have inspired me so much here!

It is hard for me to believe, after all my gushing about CS, that none of my consultants come here to hang out like me.

CK

ChefCKHall said:
Although I have no plans on leaving CS as you are my PC buddies and have held my hand since I got started, I am excited for the forum.

I never know what other folks are doing, other NEDs...I do not receive much info from my NED at all...maybe one phone call which was for the Spree for 53.

I love to 'lift' ideas from others, tweak them, and make them my own. I can't wait to see what will be going on over there.....

Then we will all end up over here talking about their ideas!

AND, I have run into so many consultants that have no idea that ChefSuccess is even out there.

AND, I have paid subscriptions for all my new consultants and I do not think any of them spend time over here so I have stopped doing it. Maybe if it is on CC, they will get inspired! You have inspired me so much here!

It is hard for me to believe, after all my gushing about CS, that none of my consultants come here to hang out like me.

CK

I'm not going to expect to see too many NEDs on the CC Community, unless HO is encouraging them to engage it. My HD is always reminding me that CS is not a money making activity, and I know I hang out here WAY too much.

That being said, there are certain people who love message board communities, me being one of them. Some people really enjoy it, others could care less. Maybe the CC Community will feed new members to CS...

NooraK said:
I'm not going to expect to see too many NEDs on the CC Community, unless HO is encouraging them to engage it. My HD is always reminding me that CS is not a money making activity, and I know I hang out here WAY too much.

Yup! My D knows I'm on CS and once in a while she'll ask me if I've heard anything about a particular issue. She doesn't tell consultants about it b/c she knows how it can suck up a lot of time. I have such ADD these days, though, that I keep popping on here as a break from the other stuff I'm doing. If I could go about my biz without getting on the computer, I'd be great, but I love checking e-mail, then I come here, then to FB and look, 30 minutes have gone by.

I don't plan on going on the CC Community. I expect a lot of newcomer questions. Y'all just bring the good ideas from there and share them here!

Got an email just now saying it is live. Went on there to check (haven't registered yet) and I saw posts as old as 2/9!

NooraK said:
Got an email just now saying it is live. Went on there to check (haven't registered yet) and I saw posts as old as 2/9!

could be part of the test group.

PC had asked some of us, randomly picked I think, to "try it out" beginning feb. 7th so that is why you are seeing posts since then....they asked for our feedback on it....

Kind of what I figured.

Not too sure I like it. The format seems cumbersome, there's not "New Posts" feature. There isn't a "Lounge" for any off-topic conversation.

But then again, I'm not expecting it to replace CS in the least.

NooraK said:
Kind of what I figured.

Not too sure I like it. The format seems cumbersome, there's not "New Posts" feature. There isn't a "Lounge" for any off-topic conversation.

But then again, I'm not expecting it to replace CS in the least.

They don't want off topic stuff because they are a company.

:) Already saw a few posts referring to CS... This will be interesting.

I just checked it out. I hate it & don't plan on going back. I love CS!

I don't like the format of it. Not as nice as CS, that's for sure! I'll keep looking into it, but I don't think I'll be there much.

Regardless of my understandable bias, there is an interesting rule in the Terms and Conditions.
The Pampered Chef is the sole owner of all Community content.
So anything you write instantly becomes property of Pampered Chef. Everything! :yuck:

Last edited:
I found it difficult to navigate and keeping the thing with a white background makes it harder to read. I'll keep an eye on it, but It's not a favorite. The FIRST time I was ever on this forum, I bought the gold membership.

I guess we get what we pay for...

For something that hasn't been "live" for very long, there sure are a lot of threads already. But I definitely like CS much better. :)

esavvymom said:
For something that hasn't been "live" for very long, there sure are a lot of threads already. But I definitely like CS much better. :)

I thought that too. I went there when I got the email and there were a lot of threads - I wonder if they started them to get things going?

I just found out from one of my team mates that they contacted people to form a Beta test group at the beginning of the month - if not earlier. I love CS and after trying to navigate around the "Community" - I know this is true love and so very glad I have a lifetime membership here.:love: I think the only way it is going to be user friendly, is to make all the topics viewable on a sidebar or something. It will be interesting to see what transpires.

Admin Greg said:
So anything you write instantly becomes property of Pampered Chef. Everything! :yuck:

I can't say that I'm surprised.

NooraK said:
I can't say that I'm surprised.

What is scary is that it would seem to include uploads. So newsletters... flyers... graphics all become property of PC.

Does it even allow people to upload things like that? Yeah, I wouldn't do that.

Admin Greg said:
Regardless of my understandable bias, there is an interesting rule in the Terms and Conditions.

Admin Greg said:
What is scary is that it would seem to include uploads. So newsletters... flyers... graphics all become property of PC.

Thanks for pointing this out! That is scary. How many times have we posted our own made-up recipes here? So, I guess PC could use that recipe as their own, if they wanted to??

I still like CS better!

I agree that it is difficult to navigate and I also don't care for the layout of it. I will still be on CS.

Admin Greg said:

One interesting issue with this...

How many of us have REPOSTED a document created by someone else, sharing the wealth so to speak...

So if even if you are not participating in the PC forum, if someone shares a document YOU created, PC now "owns" it...

Things that make you go "hmmmmmm....."

I got on yesterday for a few minutes and got frustrated trying to navigate through. I blame my own impatience. I'm sure I'll be a part of the community, but I cannot imagine it taking the place of CS in my heart. <3As for things becoming property of PC, I didn't immediately see a way to upload files. But, like I said, I wasn't there long.

Related to Pampered Chef Forum: Empowering Consultants to Grow and Thrive

1. What is the Pampered Chef Forum?

The Pampered Chef Forum is an internal posting forum for consultants nationwide. It is a part of Consultant's Corner and provides a place for consultants to learn and grow.

2. When will the forum be available?

The forum is set to launch in March.

3. How will the forum benefit consultants?

The forum will empower consultants by providing a platform for them to share ideas, learn from each other, and grow their businesses. It will also serve as a resource for information and support from the company.

4. Will the forum be accessible to all consultants?

Yes, the forum will be available to all consultants nationwide. It will be a valuable tool for all consultants to utilize in their business.

5. Is this forum a result of customer service's impact?

Yes, the forum is a direct result of customer service's impact and their efforts to improve and make a positive impact on the company. It shows that the company is constantly evolving and striving to provide the best resources for its consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Ksiera
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ccmahaffey