• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser

In summary, the head of marketing approached me at a recent business expo explaining how they would LOVE to have a Pampered Chef Basket Bingo! She was a hesitant because earlier this year she explained how she asked another consultant about Pampered Chef Basket Bingo as a fundraiser and the consultant said "Sure, I'll call you", but never got back to her. I told her "Sure! and would do some research, then I set up the meeting for tomorrow, thinking I would figure it out because I just went to a Longaberger Basket Bingo this past weekend - how hard could it be??? :blushing:
PC Angel
Silver Member
I am meeting with a Personal Care Facility that works in Assoc. for the betterment of Retarded Adults TOMORROW!. They currently raise money for their facility by holding weekly bingo. The head of marketing approached me at a recent business expo explaining how they would LOVE to have a Pampered Chef Basket Bingo! She was a hesitant because earlier this year she explained how she asked another consultant about Pampered Chef Basket Bingo as a fundraiser and the consultant said "Sure, I'll call you", but never got back to her. I told her "Sure! and would do some research, then I set up the meeting for tomorrow, thinking I would figure it out because I just went to a Longaberger Basket Bingo this past weekend - how hard could it be??? :blushing:

I think I have the Bingo down (after doing research on the internet - TON'S of fundraiser's are doing the PCBB!)

*Tickets $20 and $25 at the door
*Play 20 games
*OPTIONAL 3 bonus games-smaller items I'm assuming
*Baskets are valued at around $50 each/game
*Last Game Coverall Valued $ 120

The only question I have is I'm not really sure how to present this to them...

How many tickets to sell?
When do we start selling?
How long do we wait to have the event?
What items do we pick?

HELP!! Time's ticking and I want to be professional when I make up the proposal (+ since I live in a smaller community, if I do this right, it will be a great springboard to more fundraisers!)

Has anyone done this before??

Thanks so much!!

Angel

Okay, after searching I found the following article that really helps (kinda), just put Pampered Chef in where it say's Longaberger. I'm still looking for advise for someone that has actually done this type of fundraiser please.....!!

Bingo fundraising events have been around for decades. That's because people love to play bingo and charities can earn several thousand dollars in just one evening of bingo. Many nonprofit organizations, clubs and schools have annual basket bingo events. There are some organizations whose basket bingo fundraisers have become so popular and lucrative that they hold basket bingos two and three times a year.

While your organization can earn as much as $5,000 for an evening of basket bingo, it does take quite a lot work and preparation behind the scenes to put on one of these fundraisers.

So what is a basket bingo fundraiser?

Basket Bingo is like regular bingo except that the prizes are all baskets. Most often the baskets are Longaberger baskets. The baskets are filled with products such as Longaberger accessories, gift certificates, candles, scrapbooking supplies, beauty products, gourmet foods, etc. Each filled basket can be worth several hundred dollars. This is a big draw for your fundraiser.

The typical basket bingo fundraiser lasts from three to four hours. Holding them on a Saturday afternoon or evening are good times.

The elements of a typical Basket Bingo Fundraiser are:

Admission Tickets

Admission tickets are usually sold for $20.00 at the door or $18.00 in advance. For this price each participant receives a book of Bingo sheets good for 20 games of Bingo. You an sell extra game books for $5.00 each. Some people will buy extra sheets to increase the odds of winning in each bingo game. You can also have a couple of special bingo games that people pay extra for. You should aim to sell between 100 and 200 admission tickets. If you sell 125 tickets for $20.00 a piece that will bring in $2,500. By holding raffles and selling food during the event you can bring in more money for your organization.

Raffle Prizes

In addition to prizes for each bingo game, you can also hold a raffle of a special prize. You can presell the raffle tickets and sell more during the event for an amount such as $1.00 or $5.00 per ticket. To maximize your earnings you should advertise the prize and presell tickets. Do not require that the winner be present during the drawing. The raffle prize doesn't have to be a basket but should be a nice prize with a high dollar value. Longaberger wrought iron tables and accessories are good for raffle prizes.

Raffles for monetary prizes. 50/50 raffles are also a good way to raise more money during a basket bingo fundraiser. With a 50/50 raffle, tickets are usually sold for $1.00. At the end of the raffle one ticket is drawn and the winner receives fifty percent of the total amount raised by the sale of the tickets. The other fifty percent of the pot is kept by your organization.

Door Prizes

You can also have door prizes that you hold drawings for during the event. Give everyone who purchases a ticket to the event one raffle ticket for each prize. The door prizes are usually small items.

Food and Refreshments

Snack Bars and Concessions. Since the event will last for three to four hours you should have refreshments available for purchase. At some basket bingo events a buffet luncheon is served that attendees pay extra for. You can raise more money by having food donated. You may want to provide one free drink to everyone who purchased a ticket. Bake sales are also good earners during bingo fundraisers.

Professional Bingo Caller and Bingo supplies

A professional bingo caller is recommended because it takes a person with experience and bingo equipment to run a night of bingo. You will also need a master of ceremonies to be in charge of making announcements and keeping the activities moving.

The Prize Baskets

You will need to have a unique gift basket as a prize for each game of bingo. Longaberger baskets are good to use because they are collectible. There are a lot Longaberger basket collectors who might not otherwise be bingo players but will come to your event for a chance at winning a basket. Many Longaberger baskets are also created with a purpose so filling them with items based on a theme is easy. In order to make money on your fundraiser the baskets and prizes should be donated. YOu can contact a local Longaberger sales representative who can sell you the baskets and give you advice on how to fill them. Raising the money to buy the baskets, or getting them donated, and filling them will take time and money. If your organization is a school you can assign each class a basket theme and ask the families of the students to send in items to fill the baskets.

Realistically it will take a couple of months of work in order to hold a basket bingo fundraiser. You first need to decide if you will be able to assemble of team of volunteers willing and able to do it. After you have assembled your team then you have to get the word out that you need donations of baskets, money, and prizes. You also need to select the venue and date for the fundraiser. Then you will be well on your way to a successful basket bingo fundraiser.

Wow, I've never heard of this before....guess that's 'cuz I still live in the dark ages! But anyway, my first concern that came up as HUGE while reading through this is - be careful how much you are giving because WOW, that's a lot of gift baskets and a lot of prizes to be awarded. Are they buying the prizes from you or are you supplying them? I would be very concerned about how many tickets are bought and there would be enough purchased to cover costs. Sorry to be a "negative Nellie", but wow - this would scare me!!

Well, they would sell the tickets first, then we purchase the product (like a show and they are the host, with benefits). As I mentioned, consultants have been doing this all over the country from what I've seen online. I'm going to follow up with some this morning and will let you know how things go! :)

inaHello Angelina,First of all, congratulations on securing this opportunity with the Personal Care Facility! It sounds like a great way to not only help them raise funds, but also to showcase the amazing products that Pampered Chef has to offer.In terms of presenting this to the facility, I would suggest putting together a formal proposal outlining all of the details that you have researched. This will not only show your professionalism, but it will also help to answer any questions they may have.To determine how many tickets to sell, I would recommend looking at the capacity of the venue and setting a goal for how much money you would like to raise. From there, you can calculate the number of tickets you will need to sell to reach that goal.In terms of when to start selling, I would suggest starting as soon as possible to give people enough time to purchase tickets and plan to attend. As for how long to wait before having the event, that will depend on the availability of the venue and your own schedule. I would suggest giving yourself enough time to promote the event and sell tickets, but not too far in the future that it loses momentum.When it comes to picking items for the bingo games, I would recommend selecting a variety of products at different price points to appeal to a wider audience. You can also reach out to other consultants or your upline for suggestions and ideas.I hope this helps and I wish you all the best with your meeting tomorrow. I have not personally done a Pampered Chef Basket Bingo before, but I have heard great things from other consultants who have. I'm sure it will be a success and a great springboard for future fundraisers in your community.Best of luck!Sincerely,Pampered Chef Consultant

What is Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser?

Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser is a fun and interactive fundraising event that combines the excitement of bingo with the high-quality products of Pampered Chef. This event is organized by Pampered Chef consultants to support local schools, churches, and other non-profit organizations.

How does Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser work?

Participants purchase tickets to attend the event and receive a bingo card. Each round of bingo is played for a chance to win a basket filled with Pampered Chef products. The consultant also offers a demonstration of some of the featured products during the event.

What is included in the baskets for Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser?

The baskets for Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser are filled with a variety of high-quality Pampered Chef products, including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and food items. The specific products included in each basket may vary, but they are all valued at a certain amount to ensure fairness in the game.

How much money can be raised through Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser?

The amount of money that can be raised through Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser varies depending on the number of tickets sold and the generosity of the participants. However, it is a popular and successful fundraising event that has the potential to raise hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a good cause.

Can anyone host a Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser?

Yes, anyone can host a Pampered Chef Basket Bingo-Fundraiser. It is a great opportunity for non-profit organizations, schools, and churches to raise funds for their cause. All you need is a Pampered Chef consultant to help organize the event and a venue to host it in.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • pamperedalf
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalf
Replies
Views
Wildfire