• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pamper Your Wedding with a CDN Bride Show - Tips & Advice from Jenna

In summary, Jenna recommends running a CDN as a cooking show with the bride getting her host benefits, or doing it as a regular show with guests buying items off of the bride's wish list. She also suggests sending out invitations and having the husband to be the guest that spends the money from the wishing well.
stefani2
Has anyone done a CDN. Pampered Bride Show? How did you do it? I have thought of a few different ways, but just wanted to see what others suggest.

TIA, Jenna

I could use some help with that as well. I have an opportunity for two and I'm at a bit of a loss on what to offer. Thanks :)

this is what I have found/researched...My D told me to run it as a regular cooking show...the bride-to-be gets the Host Benefits. If we look at the US Wedding Registry, then we could do it a few different ways:
1. Do it as a regular cooking show and the bride gets her host benefits based on the Guest Show Sales
2. The Bride does up her Wish List - and people can purchase off of the List (I would have the Master List and cross off the items that have been purchased OR print out cards with her Wish List Items on them and people can choose which one they want to buy from the card-pile)
3. People can just give money, which is given to the Bride in the Form of a PC Cheque

What do you think?........................

Sounds like how we do our bridal showers around here. They are really fun! I tend to talk more about the bride and the products she wants than the business and bookings (although I do touch on it). Most consultants I know do wish lists from the bride so the guests can pick something out for her that she wants. The guests can also buy for themselves which is nice.

I would send out invites to guests, clearly outlining how the shower will run, -that there is no need to bring a gift and that a wishing well will be available for cash/cheque donations. That way, you have guests giving whatever they can afford or desire. So the bride is the host, but make the Husband to be the guest that is spending the donations from the wishing well. Do not let anyone else count the cash/cheques from the wishing well, as you need to substract the tax and make back the cost of the apron, etc. (Also, from past expereince, the bridemaid counted it then annouce to bride how much was there and the bride told tell me that she only wants to spend half of it on PC and take the rest in cash.) not a good situation, cause you are losing big commission???
My rules-my wishing well, as soon as money is put in, it becomes property of PC.

OTher tips
(if she wants to buy the cookware at its half price amount then pull that much money from the wishing well, and use the rest on regular priced products. You don't want her to have to pay anything out of pocket.
So the (husband to be) spends all the money, ordering products from their wish list and guests order their own products and bride also gets the host benefit of the entire show!

My last bridal was awesome. The bride got $450 in cash (wishing well) With the guests buying $1500+$450 ($1950) show so the bride also received the host benefit of $445 free plus the $450 wishing well money!!
My commission $430
I like to have the bride to be, be the consultant.... have her make the recipe and have fun. Also, I reccommend the Bride cake from the batter bowl.
I hope that all makes sense.

The Bride wants to be surprised........she wants to have people buy the gifts as a surprise (she DOES NOT want to be the Host). So, people purchase THEIR order, plus a Bride's Wish List item........and then do I make a draw from one of the attending guests to receive the Host Benefits? (I would clarify that their Host order is ON TOP OF their existing order so that the Show Sales do not change). Does that make sense? Oh I am SO confused :eek:

The biggest problem with guest buying from the wish list, is that the bride gets lots of smaller things from the catalogue, instead of higher end products.

What do you mean by she does not want to be the host??
Who is throwing the shower?

Bridal HostHer Mom is the Host - I can see what the Bride-to-be is saying --she wants to have some element of surprise............

Well, the element of surprise will be the amount of money she gets from guests and the additional free product value she gets. Brides always do very well.

sounds goodok...I will put that spin on it and see what she says. Thanks for your help! :)

Tell her you will do everything when it comes to ordering so she can be surprised. Get her entire wishlist ahead of time and have guests purchase from there. Then you "buy" the rest of her wishlist with her FPV as the host. You can work with her mom to choose items without her knowing.

That's what I did at my last Pampered Bride show and it worked out really well. They got every single item from their wishlist - over $600 worth of products

do I understand you right?ok...so did you do a Cooking Show at her Shower - and everyone placed orders from that? (she doesn't open any gifts at her Shower but at her Wedding?)?????????

I got a wishlist from the bride and groom ahead of time. Then I cut pictures of their wishlist out of catalogs and put them on construction paper and stuck them to a skewer. Then I filled my trifle bowl with craft stones and stuck the skewers into the rocks.I didn't do a recipe demo although I would have liked to, the host didn't want me to....Anyway...the guests came by and chose a skewer or multiple skewers from the bowl. This allowed them to be discreet in what they chose - they didn't feel put on the spot by having to cross something off a list or write their name beside it.they were also given the chance to order for themselves. I put their own order under their name and the shower gifts under the groom's name (I didn't charge shipping). Then all the free product value was chosen from what was left over from her wishlist. Now this couple had the order shipped to me and I gave it to them when it arrived. It was about a month before the wedding. They knew everything they were getting and I also gave them a listing of who bought what. If the bride wants it to be a surprise, she may want to make up a pretty large wishlist (like...$1000+) so that she has an idea of what she COULD get but not what she WILL get. Then you could have the order shipped to her mom and she could 'surprise' her on her wedding day or whatever. I hope that helps.

Related to Pamper Your Wedding with a CDN Bride Show - Tips & Advice from Jenna

1. What is a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show"?

A "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show" is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef for brides-to-be and their bridal parties. It is an opportunity for the bride and her guests to see and try out our products, learn new recipes, and get special discounts and deals on our kitchen and cooking tools.

2. How do I attend a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show"?

To attend a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show", you can either sign up for one that is already scheduled in your area, or you can host your own show and invite your friends and family. Hosting a show also comes with extra perks and rewards!

3. Is there a cost to attend a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show"?

No, there is no cost to attend a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show". It is a free event for brides and their guests to attend and enjoy. However, if you choose to make purchases at the show, there will be prices for the products you choose.

4. What can I expect at a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show"?

At a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show", you can expect to see and try out our kitchen and cooking products, learn new recipes and cooking tips, and receive exclusive deals and discounts. You will also have the opportunity to interact with our consultants and ask any questions you may have.

5. Can I register for a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show" online?

Yes, you can register for a "Cdn. Pampered Bride Show" online by visiting our website and searching for upcoming shows in your area. You can also contact your local Pampered Chef consultant to find out about upcoming shows and register through them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Heather Rogers
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • RossDeb2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
RossDeb2
  • Kim Caudill