• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packing for Conference: Is an Empty Suitcase Necessary?

In summary, trying to figure out what to take to Conf. luggage-wise, my recruiter talked like she was going to take an empty suitcase, but after consulting with her friends, she's decided to take a "jumbo" suitcase and an overnight bag. She's also bringing a wheely-backpack.
straitfan
Gold Member
Trying to decide what to take to Conf. luggage wise. My recruiter talked like she was going to take an empty suitcase to bring "stuff" home in. I'm wondering if this is necessary? After all I'll be traveling w/o DH my "pack mule" and I don't want to wrestle with a bunch of stuff. I have what I consider a "huge" suitcase.

Unless they have a chance to buy like the 12 qt. stock-pot for 20 bucks, I can't IMAGINE needing that much space for souveniers. What sorts of PC things will I have a chance to buy?

Thanks for the advice! Getting close and I'm starting to panic!

I would really suggest packing your suitcase inside a suitcase, that way you have it in case you really do need it, that's what someone suggested to me and it worked out pretty good.

REALLY? That's an interesting idea!

Just remember the 50 pound weight limit at the airport for each suitcase.

HMMM, don't remember that one, lol, but my suitcases weren't THAT heavy, hey, I'm too friggin short to be doing that anyway, lol.

I bought a "jumbo" suitcase, but now I'm worried I'll go over the weight limit! lol I'll have to pack it up and take it to my friends' for a weight... lol She's going to Chicago with us, so she'll understand ;)

I am taking this "jumbo" thing, plus an overnight bag for the "just in case I need more space" situation. I also will have my backpack (a mini one) and my laptop bag for carry-on.

Hmmm, now I'm worried about weighing my suitcase. Have to buy batteries or something for the scale. It quit working and I like it better that way! LOL!
:)

jdavis said:
I would really suggest packing your suitcase inside a suitcase, that way you have it in case you really do need it, that's what someone suggested to me and it worked out pretty good.

This is exactly what I am doing. After dealing with e 50lb issue last year this affords me the opportunity to move things around into the two bags to redistribute the weight. I am also bringing a wheely-backpack that I use throughtout McCormick for my snacks, water, notebook and extra shoes. For flying I will put Day 1's outfit, some minor toiletries and PJs...just in case my luggage gets lost.

I still need to get to WalMart and p/u an insulated water-bottle. Last year I used theone I got on the Navigator Cruise but is has gotten misplaced since then.

I'm a light packer; cause I hate carrying around too much! I check one suitcase, & have 1 carryon & my purse. I think I did the extra bag inside my suitcase my first year, but I don't remember if I used it or not. If you buy goodies at conference, in the past they've had a shipping station there so you can just ship it all home--much easier!

lacychef said:
I'm a light packer; cause I hate carrying around too much! I check one suitcase, & have 1 carryon & my purse. I think I did the extra bag inside my suitcase my first year, but I don't remember if I used it or not. If you buy goodies at conference, in the past they've had a shipping station there so you can just ship it all home--much easier!

I pack REALLY light because my bag has to be lifted over my head into the storage compartment on the train and I walk from the train station to the hotel (a few blocks). I never purchase very much. . .but I'm not into souvenirs. The shipping service can be helpful. . .just make sure you wait to make your vendor purchases after they have the mini-catalogs available so you can send everything in one box. The mini catalogs are the only thing I'd like to take home this year. . .have to wait and see what Merrill has up their sleeve.

So I will be able to purchase new catalogs? I'm still not thinking I'll get that many just "Chicago Souveniers", and some PC logo shirts won't take up that much space. Still debating on the extra piece of luggage. I like the idea of shipping things home.

straitfan said:
So I will be able to purchase new catalogs? I'm still not thinking I'll get that many just "Chicago Souveniers", and some PC logo shirts won't take up that much space. Still debating on the extra piece of luggage. I like the idea of shipping things home.

Mini CAtalogs, not full size

Okay--thanks!

Are any other paperwork/supplies available?

chefjeanine said:
I pack REALLY light because my bag has to be lifted over my head into the storage compartment on the train and I walk from the train station to the hotel (a few blocks). I never purchase very much. . .but I'm not into souvenirs. The shipping service can be helpful. . .just make sure you wait to make your vendor purchases after they have the mini-catalogs available so you can send everything in one box. The mini catalogs are the only thing I'd like to take home this year. . .have to wait and see what Merrill has up their sleeve.

I'm the same as Jeanine. I'm taking the (commuter) train and then either taking the CTA bus or walking to the Hilton (depending how hot it is).

I'll buy some minis (have to make a plan for those before I go so I don't buy too many or not enough) and we'll see what kind of cash & carry Merrill has. Otherwise, I don't *need* to buy anything! I might even skip the surprise boxes.

But my director is being picked up by her husband and offered to take home any luggage for me....hmmm....

Last year I OD'd on paperwork because I was so excited. You can order all materials as a regular supply order fairly soon after conference, so don't do what I did! A regular suitcase -- packed loosely with an additional collapsable bag to check in is more than enough!

Great advice Mandy--Thanks! I'll try to control my urge to OD on paperwork! :)

I'm too lazy to check through the other posts, so forgive me if this has already been mentioned. You'll also have the conference bag to carry some things back.

Oh yeah--the great looking BAG!

1. Do I need to bring an empty suitcase to conference?

Yes, it is highly recommended to bring an empty suitcase to conference. This will allow you to bring back any new products or materials you may receive during the event.

2. How big of a suitcase should I bring?

The size of your suitcase will depend on how much you plan on bringing back from conference. We suggest bringing a medium to large sized suitcase to ensure you have enough space for any new items.

3. Can I bring a carry-on suitcase instead of a checked bag?

Yes, you are welcome to bring a carry-on suitcase if you prefer. However, keep in mind that you may have limited space for any new items or materials you may receive at conference.

4. Can I use my suitcase to store my products during the event?

Yes, you can use your suitcase to store your products during the event. However, we recommend keeping it in a secure location and not leaving it unattended to avoid any potential loss or theft.

5. Are there any restrictions on what I can bring in my suitcase?

If you are traveling by air, please make sure to check the airline's restrictions on luggage size and weight. Additionally, we ask that you do not bring any prohibited items such as weapons, flammable materials, or illegal substances in your suitcase.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • klstaz
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • MomToEli
  • General Chat
Replies