• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oval Baker????

pamperedberry

Gold Member
Mar 31, 2010
I have a great host that just had a great show for me. She is asking about the Oval Baker. She had a Cranberry glazed one that she said broke last Thanksgiving. Her white glazed one is now cracking. She says it's her favorite piece and was bummed when it wasn't one of the host specials this month.

I've been doing this 3 years (anniversary in 4 days)...and can't remember ever selling them. So I'm wondering if it was retired before I started selling.

Not quite sure how to respond to her! Please help!!!
Thanks!!

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Yes...there was an Oval Baker. I do not remember when it went away....but every now and then, it is on the Outlet. Depending on what her reasoning, but if its because of the size, she may like the mini-baker as well. Instead of oval, it's round. Not much different in size if I remember correctly.

PamperedK

Veteran Member
Silver Member
Jan 6, 2007
I agree with Bobbi that the size isn't much different but I do have a certain specific love for my oval baker - as do many of my customers. I have one that has 5 because she stocked up last time they were on the Outlet.

Something about that oval baker. love it!

chezshelly

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Apr 20, 2007
There was actually a large oval baker as well. It looked just like the small one but much larger in size. I love mine, it's also one of my favorite pieces!!

BethCooks4U

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
I'm pretty sure your host is talking about the oval baker -- the larger one. It's about the same volume as the square baker but the oval shape is a favorite among old school cooks. The small oval baker is the one that is similar in size to the mini baker. It was actually a bit smaller than the mini baker. Watch the outlet. They just had the deep dish baker on there so who knows? That oval baker just might show up!

ShellBeach

Veteran Member
Sep 5, 2008
Yes, the oval baker is just enough different shape that they are my favorites. I have the cream-colored ones. The small oval used to be in the consultant starter kit, so I got that one when I joined. The bigger oval one is just as pretty.

It was called French Vanilla and it was an off-white glaze. They added the cranberry ones after that. Fall/Winter 2007 was the last catalog showing them.

Anyway, the shape is more elegant-looking, somehow, than either the round or square. I make potatoes au gratin in it mostly, but I've done cobblers, too.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cochef
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
Lilamyw3
Replies
Views