• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Organizing a Fire Restoration Party: Advice Needed

In summary, the person is seeking advice on how to organize a fire restoration party for a family in their small community. They are considering submitting it as a regular show or a fundraiser and would like advice from someone who has done a similar event in the past. They have also received a suggestion to use the host benefits and insurance money to replace the family's kitchen items. They have also attached an invitation they used for a similar event and the family does not want any direct donations.
daricsmom
I live in a small community and there is a family here that lost their house and everything in it, and I was thinking about doing a fire restoration party for them. How do I go about this? Do I submit it as a regular show or a fundraiser? Any advice would be great. I would love to talk to someone who has done one of these in the past. Thanks

If they're replacing their kitchen tools, I'd do it as a show, so they can use the host benefits to get free tools. They'll also be able to use any insurance money to pay for items using host bonus, etc.

I agree with Ann...I think they would end up getting more products using the host benefits.

Do they have insurance which will pay to replace their stuff? If they do...you can enter it all as a show (for the things that they already had, and need replaced) and then they can use the "extra" earned free value to add other products to their kitchen.

I am doing a party for a family that had a house fire also. I have attached the invitation that I used. The Host of the show helped with the postage. We sent out 55 invitations. The family does not want any donations, so the host is giving her all of the host benefits.

Attachments

• FIRE RESTORATION.doc
    398 KB · Views: 264
Hi there,First of all, I want to commend you for wanting to help out a family in need in your community. Your kindness and generosity are truly admirable. As a Pampered Chef consultant, there are a few ways you can go about organizing a fire restoration party for this family.One option is to submit it as a regular show and donate a portion of your commission to the family. This way, you can still provide them with the full benefits of a Pampered Chef party while also raising funds for them.Another option is to submit it as a fundraiser. You can set a specific fundraising goal and invite community members to attend and support the cause. You can also reach out to local businesses and ask if they would be willing to donate items for a raffle or auction to raise additional funds.I highly recommend reaching out to your Pampered Chef upline or other consultants who have organized similar events in the past. They can provide you with valuable advice and tips on how to make your fire restoration party a success.Thank you for considering such a meaningful and impactful way to use your business for good. I wish you all the best in organizing this event.Sincerely,

Related to Organizing a Fire Restoration Party: Advice Needed

1. How do I get started with organizing a fire restoration party?

The first step is to reach out to the homeowner or family affected by the fire and express your desire to help. Discuss potential dates, location, and the overall goal of the party. It's important to have a clear plan in place before inviting others to participate.

2. What are some ways I can encourage guests to attend the party?

Consider offering incentives such as a raffle or door prizes. You can also promote the event on social media and through word of mouth. Let potential guests know that their support will make a positive impact on the affected family.

3. What types of items should I include on the party's shopping list?

Think about items that are practical and would be useful for the family during the restoration process. This could include cleaning supplies, toiletries, non-perishable food items, and gift cards. You can also consult with the homeowners to see if there are any specific items they are in need of.

4. Can I involve children in the party planning process?

Absolutely! Children can play a valuable role in the party planning process. They can help with tasks such as creating invitations, setting up decorations, and even assisting with the shopping list. This is a great opportunity to teach kids about giving back and making a difference in their community.

5. Do I need to have any specific cooking skills to host a fire restoration party?

No, you don't need to be a professional chef to host this type of party. Keep the menu simple and focus on easy-to-prepare dishes such as sandwiches, salads, and desserts. You can also ask guests to bring a dish to share. The most important thing is to create a welcoming and supportive atmosphere for the affected family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mmilus
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • baychef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • raebates