• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Oprah's Odd Focus: The Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl Mystery

In summary, Oprah featured the Pampered Chef Triffle Bowl on her show, but did not mention that it was the product. There was no mention of the products available on the Pampered Chef website, or the company's relationship with Oprah. It was a disappointing show.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
That was a little odd, just watched Oprah and she says nothing about the "Pampered Chef Triffle Bowl" but shows it full of another companies food products and talks about and seems to focus on those products and calls it a "Party in a Bowl" over and over again.

It was nice to see the triffle bowl on TV but there was no mention of it being the Pampered Chef triffle bowl, just a bowl. Did I miss something?

I was also expecting her to take about pamperedchef, espesially because we have so many entertaintig products . I have a show tonight and Iill tell every oe but it should have been said . I was expecting so much more . Well the show is still on lets see .

Isn't Debi Lilley supposed to come on too? She seems to have been brought in to help PC -- I bet she'll mention something. She better -- She's on our payroll!

...and with TPC being a Chicago company, founded by a woman, you would think it would be one of Oprah's favorites. My cynical side says that those reasons mean nothing if not accompanied by a large payment of some kind.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
My cynical side says that those reasons mean nothing if not accompanied by a large payment of some kind.

I'm with you on that one!

What is worse -- Oprah has all the items listed for the summer in a box, and where to get them on her website, but not the trifle bowl or anything else :/

I never heard pampered chef mentioned.

yummybytes said:
What is worse -- Oprah has all the items listed for the summer in a box, and where to get them on her website, but not the trifle bowl or anything else :/

I could not even find the listed items - can you share the link?

Oprah does some good things but there are so many things about her that rack on my nerves. This will be added to them if we get no recognition. What is the point in having our product on if no one knows whose products it is!:eek: :mad: And I went home on my lunch hour to record it!

Did it show the box it comes in? So maybe people could see PC?

I didn't see anything! I guess I'm going to have to rewatch it and go in slow mo!:rolleyes:

You're so good Deb!! Good Job!:D

Ohhh on the website it does say that the trifle bowl is from pampered chef. And there is a non-clickable link to PCs main website.

I was very disappointed with the show. They just said, "In a glass bowl," with no mention of PC at all. I'm sure PC will be surprised about it, considering they sent out an e-mail about PC's Trifle Bowl being on there.

I was putting a cake in the oven just as Oprah came on. I hurried and made it to the TV 5 minutes into the show. I watched the whole thing and didn't see Debby Lilly, just our bowl. I was thinking I missed it until I read this thread!

I'm disappointed. I saw Debby's name in the credits at the end but that was it. Big let down! Wonder if the HO thought it'd be more acknowledged. They did donate trifle bowls for the whole audience so it would have been nice to mention the company when you were talking about everything IN the bowl!

Deb Jennings rocks -- no idea how you found that. I did see your post on the message board though -- you beat me to it :) Good luck!!

I hda to click through the whole darn slideshow of the show.

Hey, I figured if anyone wanted to email me I'd help them! I made no mention of my PC status, so that's not breaking any rules, right?

There were some on the message board that did mention everything we are not suppose to.

Sally Wilhite

I watched it too.
That was rediculous!!!
Can you imagine how much advertisement we would get if Oprah just said Pampered Chef! Gees!

Did anyone see this?!?!?!?!?!
I AM SHOCKED!!!!!
I'm so excited that Oprah is throwing a party!!! I just became a Pampered Chef consultant about 1 month ago and I recieved an O necklace for being one of the first 500 people to submit information concerning the direct selling association piece she had in her O Magazine and now I'm even more excited because I know I'll get a lot of good party tips I can use in my business from watching this show. Thanks Oprah!!!

That was jacked! HO hyped it up in the email (I'm sure they thought Oprah was going to mention it also) and I'm curious to see if they do put a clip of it on CC.

I watched Oprah today (mostly just listened and waited for the trifle bowl).....I completly missed it!

DebbieJ said:
I hda to click through the whole darn slideshow of the show.

Hey, I figured if anyone wanted to email me I'd help them! I made no mention of my PC status, so that's not breaking any rules, right?

Nope -- you were perfect :) Deb gets a gold star from me :) Cause that's gonna get you somewhere? haha!! :) ~hugs~

Well, other consultants weren't so good (saying they were with PC, posting their PWS url) so now all of those posts have been yanked.

DebbieJ said:
Well, other consultants weren't so good (saying they were with PC, posting their PWS url) so now all of those posts have been yanked.

I read through them last night. I couldn't believe some of them. Some even took a fairly snotty tone, complaining that we were told Oprah would mention us and didn't. Yikes! Glad to know they were pulled.

I dont see Debs post anywhere, did it get yanked??

I am disspointed in the direct sales article that Oprah put in the magazine - I lost a recruit potential to Silpada due to it. But my understanding from her friend is she rearely stick to anything anyway

Yup Deb's post is gone as well as the other post that had her pws addy.

I was surprised that since PC emailed us, that the show was more about margaritas and the plants, than the Trifle Bowl. I didn't expect much more than a "Party in a Bowl starts with this beautiful bowl from the Pampered Chef an contains..." Would that be SO hard? I think it's interesting that it's presented as a gift for your neighbor though. I don't know about you, but that would be a very nice gift for someone I know and love. I don't throw money around like that. I couldn't believe that it was barely recognizable and actually not very nicely presented online. Oh well, it really does sell itself. Just hope PC didn't waste too much money doing that.

Jules711 said:
I think it's interesting that it's presented as a gift for your neighbor though. I don't know about you, but that would be a very nice gift for someone I know and love. I don't throw money around like that.

You would if YOUR neighbors all lived in million dollar condos :) It'd be pocket change to you then! :)

And secondly, how would you hand it to your neighbor like that with the pedestal that detaches? LOL I mean, I really love the idea of it as a gift, but it may be awkward to hand it to someone and then say "oh yeah, and here's the detachable pedestal!" ;)

Pampered Laura said:
And secondly, how would you hand it to your neighbor like that with the pedestal that detaches? LOL I mean, I really love the idea of it as a gift, but it may be awkward to hand it to someone and then say "oh yeah, and here's the detachable pedestal!" ;)

That was my thought too! Also, what about the lid?! Those are the best features of our Trifle Bowl.

I watched a rerun of the show and didn't see where it was mentioned that the gift bowl was given to the audience. I only saw that the box of garden goodies were given away.

srduggan said:
On this link, it shows that the Trifle Bowl is from Pampered Chef. However, how many people go to this site vs. watching the show. Very frustrating.
Actually, I have it on very good authority that an average of 7 million people watch the show daily and the website gets 2.9 million hits per day.

hmmmm, so did anyone at NC share how many of these puppies sold as individual orders in the days after the show?

would be interesting to know what that 'product placement' translated to in terms of $ :)

Related to Oprah's Odd Focus: The Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl Mystery

1) What is the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl?

The Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl is a large, clear glass bowl specifically designed for making and serving trifle desserts. It is a popular product from the Pampered Chef, a direct selling company that specializes in kitchen tools and cookware.

2) Why was the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl featured on Oprah's show?

The Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl was featured on Oprah's show as part of a segment on creating a "Party in a Bowl" using various food products. The bowl was used to showcase the colorful and layered dessert, demonstrating its versatility and appeal as a party dish.

3) Why was the focus on other companies' food products instead of the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl?

Although the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl was used to present the dessert, the focus of the segment was on the food products and creating a delicious and visually appealing party dish. The bowl was simply a supporting element in the demonstration.

4) Was the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl mentioned at all during the segment?

No, the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl was not specifically mentioned during the segment. However, it was shown prominently on screen and viewers familiar with the product may have recognized it.

5) Was there any significance to the Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl being featured on Oprah's show?

The Pampered Chef Trifle Bowl being featured on Oprah's show was a great opportunity for exposure and recognition for the product and the company. It also demonstrated the versatility and usefulness of the bowl as a kitchen tool and party dish. However, there was no special or exclusive partnership between Oprah and the Pampered Chef mentioned during the segment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCJenni
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Jessica Kidd