• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Operation Jump Start Deployment: A Military Spouse's Experience

In summary, he is serving his country while unemployed. He is in the Air National Guard and will be gone for four months. He is sad to leave the kids, but is excited for the experience.
urbnk8
for 4 months. He went down to Arizona to serve with Operation Jump Start, the border operation going on down there. He is in the Air National Guard, and decided to do this while he is unemployed. It was kind of sad to see him go but we will be in touch a lot. It was bad watching him say goodnight to the kids last night (we left before they woke up today). Hopefully all will go well.

I can't imaginie watching him say goodnight to the kids! I hope everything goes quickly for you! I'll say a prayer for your family.

He went down to Arizona to serve with Operation Jump Start, the border operation going on down there.

What's Operation Jump Start?

I know I could google or wiki, but since he's your husband, I'd rather you let me know.

My BF leaves in May to go to Kuwait. He is in the Air Force Reserves. He will be gone for 4.5 mths. I am so dreading May 3rd.

I feel your pain and wish you the best!

Time will go quickly, you have kids to keep you busy and I am sure a busy life too.

My DH is leaving for overseas...can't say where but you can guess, in late Fall for a YEAR! We've done it once before, so I have to say you can get through it. However, it will be hard for me this time around since we don't have kids, and I sell PC full time. I am anticipating getting a job to keep me occupied and out of the house!

Anyway, OT but I wish him well and that the four months passes by quickly! He will be home late summer! Think of it that way! God Bless!

Blessings and prayers going your way for your husband and family...

vwpamperedchef said:
Time will go quickly, you have kids to keep you busy and I am sure a busy life too.

My DH is leaving for overseas...can't say where but you can guess, in late Fall for a YEAR! We've done it once before, so I have to say you can get through it. However, it will be hard for me this time around since we don't have kids, and I sell PC full time. I am anticipating getting a job to keep me occupied and out of the house!

Anyway, OT but I wish him well and that the four months passes by quickly! He will be home late summer! Think of it that way! God Bless!

We will be doing a big chunk of time as well to soon. Additionally we are already talking about our next orders. If DH gets overseas orders, the kids and I are not going so that will be 2 years apart!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys and your guys (or gals) for doing what you do. It really means the world to everyone - I hope you all know that.

redsoxgirl said:
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys and your guys (or gals) for doing what you do. It really means the world to everyone - I hope you all know that.

I agree. I was just coming on to post this myself.

urbnk8 said:
for 4 months. He went down to Arizona to serve with Operation Jump Start, the border operation going on down there. He is in the Air National Guard, and decided to do this while he is unemployed. It was kind of sad to see him go but we will be in touch a lot. It was bad watching him say goodnight to the kids last night (we left before they woke up today). Hopefully all will go well.

Ok-so it might make me a loser, but when I read the title of your post, I got choked up. I remember how it felt to watch DH put the babe to bed the night before he left for Iraq-13 months. Keep yourself busy, plan lots of fun stuff for you and your children to do and it will fly by! I'll say a prayer for you, and everybody else here who's hubby is gone or will be leaving soon!

Related to Operation Jump Start Deployment: A Military Spouse's Experience

What is "Operation Jump Start Deployment"?

"Operation Jump Start Deployment" is a program designed to support military spouses and families during the deployment of their loved ones. It provides resources and services to help spouses cope with the challenges of separation and maintain a sense of normalcy during this difficult time.

Who is eligible to participate in "Operation Jump Start Deployment"?

Any military spouse whose partner is currently deployed or about to be deployed is eligible to participate in "Operation Jump Start Deployment". This includes spouses of all branches of the military.

What types of resources and services are offered through "Operation Jump Start Deployment"?

"Operation Jump Start Deployment" offers a variety of resources and services, including counseling and support groups, educational workshops, financial assistance, and childcare assistance. There are also resources available for maintaining communication with deployed loved ones and managing household tasks during their absence.

How can I get involved with "Operation Jump Start Deployment"?

There are several ways to get involved with "Operation Jump Start Deployment". You can reach out to your local military base for more information on their specific programs and services, or you can contact the Family Readiness Group or Military Family Support Center. You can also volunteer to help with events and activities for military spouses and families.

Is there a cost to participate in "Operation Jump Start Deployment"?

No, there is no cost to participate in "Operation Jump Start Deployment". All services and resources are provided free of charge to military spouses and families.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05