• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

on theOne Year Anniversary - a Request

In summary, the Jennifer and Abby Recovery Foundation is searching for Paige Birgfeld one year after she went missing. They are short on funds, so they've started asking for corporate sponsors. If you're interested in helping out with the searches or donating to the cause, you can contact Connie Flukey at 254-1567.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Did you all see this news piece over in the Missing thread?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
BIRGFELD SERIES: The Searches

Local News Posted on June 27, 2008 by Kate Renner
Link: http://www.krextv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=3060

The Jennifer and Abby Recovery Foundation has been searching high and low throughout the Grand Valley for the body of Paige Birgfeld.
In the beginning they searched to find her alive.
They still go out multiple times a week but the new goal is to recover Paige’s body as evidence.
The recovery foundation is short on funds so they've recently started asking for corporate sponsors.
If you're interested in helping out with the searches or donating to the cause you can contact Connie Flukey at 254-1567.

Our fellow Cheffer and friend, Paige Birgfeld, has been missing exactly one year. Someone, somewhere, knows something. The Jennifer & Abby Foundation has been searching for her. Connie Flukey has not given up, nor is she about to.

My request: Please follow the link above, and watch the video. Perhaps we can help somehow.

I so admire her energy, but I especially admire her determination. Connie is incredible! My only regret is that I live so far away. I wish I could be there, too.

Paige, wherever you are know that you are on the minds and in the hearts of all of us cheffers we pray daily for peace for your family and for your safe return.

Prayers to Paige and her family at this one year mark.

I cannot imagine what her loved ones are going through, as well as those who have spent the last year investigating her disappearance. They will especially be in my prayers today.

raebates said:
I cannot imagine what her loved ones are going through, as well as those who have spent the last year investigating her disappearance. They will especially be in my prayers today.

:cry: I have no words.

Connie is incredible! Thanks for all your updates through the year KG!!

I wish we could all be there today to offer some comfort to her family.

I don't post in these threads much, but I do think about Paige everyday. I've been thinking about this anniversary for a while. I can only imagine the dread, loneliness, and loss her family is suffering today (and everyday)

Prayers for Paige and her family at this very difficult time...

Thanks KG for all you do to remind each and every one of us to cherish every day. You support and determination are amazing!~

dannyzmom said:
I wish we could all be there today to offer some comfort to her family.

We are. In their hearts. Knowing so many care is surely a comfort for them when no comfort is possible.

Praying extra today.

I just can't believe it's a year now:( That woman with the search team is amazing! I loved her response when asked why she still does it.....because they haven't found her...

I was telling Kacey that DH has family close to Grand Junction and when we were in Colorado on vacation, they were talking about how they were helping in the search for this woman and it turned out it was Paige they were helping look for. They didn't know her, but help in searches for the missing.
I told them I didn't know Paige personally, but talk to people who do and that they would truly appreciate knowing that they have helped in the search to find her.

prayers to paige and her family today and everyday.

Bumping this up. There is a request in today's update to light 366 candles today, one for each day Paige has been missing. Please go to the update thread and click the 'candles' link.

Maybe we could take up a collection to help them continue their search?

Maybe someone from CS could volunteer to take in the money and send it to Connie? Even if every Cheffer just gave $5.00 a piece... we'll it's better than nothing and since most of us don't live close enough to help volunteer our time and energy, maybe we could volunteer with our pocketbooks???

It's just a thought- if it isn't allowed or something we aren't supposed to do, I was unaware of that so please don't get upset. When there is a tragedy and I cannot be somewhere to help, if I'm able I try to send just a little money to help the family, etc...

KG? Any thoughts?

I am just amazed that an entire year has passed. My heart aches for her and her family...especially her children! My entire church is praying for her case to be solved...and the person responsible to PAY DEARLY. I pray for this to come to an end...

Kacey~

Don't take this the wrong way, dear!!

I LOVE your idea...just some suggestions so we don't go down a road already traveled with A CRAPPY OUTCOME.

Use PayPal to collect money and then use PayPal or some other "documentable" service to transfer the money. That way EVERYONE'S butt is covered.

I hope this post makes sense and that you are NOT offended...that is NOT what it's meant to be!! Rather, to HELP so no one is accused of anything that could turn ugly.

That being said, I will be the FIRST PERSON to volunteer to donate and/or help coordinate a collection for the Jennifer and Abby Recovery Foundation!

KellyTheChef said:
Kacey~

Don't take this the wrong way, dear!!

I LOVE your idea...just some suggestions so we don't go down a road already traveled with A CRAPPY OUTCOME.

Use PayPal to collect money and then use PayPal or some other "documentable" service to transfer the money. That way EVERYONE'S butt is covered.

I hope this post makes sense and that you are NOT offended...that is NOT what it's meant to be!! Rather, to HELP so no one is accused of anything that could turn ugly.

That being said, I will be the FIRST PERSON to volunteer to donate and/or help coordinate a collection for the Jennifer and Abby Recovery Foundation!

Kelly, if it helps I didn't want to collect the money :) That's a slippery slope, I was thinking of a bank account that is used to collect money for people enduring hardships, or something along those lines. Heavens, no do I want people sending me their money... Well, you can send me your money if you want...

I'm sorry that there was a bad previous experience with collecting money for someone/something- I just don't think like that, so I don't understand how the outcome could be less than wonderful- but some people aren't honest....

anywhoo- thanks for filling me in. It was just an idea, I come up with the ideas and hope that other people will carry them out... I'm the idea queen! :)

Let me know if I can help you in any way since you are willing to coordinate. I'm here to boss around... I mean delegate and supervise. ;)

It would probably be better if you just post the instructions to donate to the foundation directly and let everyone do it themself. That way everyone will have their own receipt for tax purposes and there won't be any worry of misinterpreted feelings. kwim?

pamperedlinda said:
It would probably be better if you just post the instructions to donate to the foundation directly and let everyone do it themself. That way everyone will have their own receipt for tax purposes and there won't be any worry of misinterpreted feelings. kwim?

That is a wonderful idea!!!

Can't believe it's been over a year. :(

pamperedlinda said:
Absolutely not one here should get involved in collecting any money - we're been down that road and, trust me, it's unpaved, full of potholes and there's a bridge out three quarters of the way there.Information on making a donation can be found on the A&JRF website:
http://www.abbyjenniferrf.org/fundraising.htmIt says there...
Please accept our sincere appreciation for your support of Abby & Jennifer Recovery Foundation, Inc. in our efforts to assist family of a missing child. Abby & Jennifer Recovery Foundation, Inc. is a Non-Profit 501(c)3 organization. Your contribution is tax-deductible, for verification purposes our E.I.N. number is 04-3683753. Your contribution helps make our mission possible.Your donation is greatly appreciated!
Please make checks payable to:Abby-Jennifer Recovery Foundation, Inc.
796 Cortland Ave.
Grand Junction, Co. 81506
(970) 254-1567 Office (970) 260-1821 Emergency Only

Thanks for posting that information KG.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Absolutely not one here should get involved in collecting any money - we're been down that road and, trust me, it's unpaved, full of potholes and there's a bridge out three quarters of the way there.
Information on making a donation can be found on the A&JRF website:
http://www.abbyjenniferrf.org/fundraising.htm

It says there...

I heard... thanks for the info on where to send donations! :)

will the donation be earmarked for Paige's search or will it help others as well???

You can probably earmark it, but if you don't I'm sure it will go into their general fund for operating expenses and all searches.

just wondering....wouldn't mind where it went since that is just an amazing foundation!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Absolutely not one here should get involved in collecting any money - we're been down that road and, trust me, it's unpaved, full of potholes and there's a bridge out three quarters of the way there.

Information on making a donation can be found on the A&JRF website:
http://www.abbyjenniferrf.org/fundraising.htm

It says there...

AH! no bridges! Especially ones that are out.....

1. What is the purpose of the "One Year Anniversary - a Request" event?

The "One Year Anniversary - a Request" event is a celebration of the one year mark since you joined Pampered Chef. It is a chance for you to reflect on your accomplishments and set new goals for the upcoming year.

2. Who can attend the "One Year Anniversary - a Request" event?

This event is open to all Pampered Chef consultants and their guests. It is a great opportunity to network and learn from other consultants.

3. What can I expect at the "One Year Anniversary - a Request" event?

The event will include recognition for your achievements, training sessions on new products and business strategies, and a celebration dinner. There will also be an opportunity for you to share your own success stories and learn from others.

4. How do I RSVP for the "One Year Anniversary - a Request" event?

You can RSVP for the event through your consultant's website or by contacting your consultant directly. Please make sure to RSVP by the designated deadline to ensure your spot at the event.

5. Is there a cost to attend the "One Year Anniversary - a Request" event?

Yes, there is a registration fee to attend the event. This fee covers the cost of the training sessions, dinner, and other event materials. Your consultant will provide you with more information on the specific cost and how to pay.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • legacypc46
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedcindy
  • The_Kitchen_Guy