• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Omg Teammember Shows up 2 Hrs. Early!

In summary, the meeting is going to be delayed because the teammember showed up early. The teammember is supposed to be calling people in her customer list and trying to book shows, but she said she did that yesterday. The teammember is also supposed to be cleaning, but she is staying all week.
flemings99
Gold Member
OMG I have a teammember who just showed up 2 hrs. early for our mtg. and is going to STAY?! In my office printing handouts for the mtg. What am I going to do with her for 2 hrs.?! Plus, this is MY time to finalize mtg. things and spend time with my kids before kicking them out! I offered for her to go run errands and come back. Her response, "I did all that yesterday." well, ok then.

Oh, lord girl. Probably too late now, but for future reference I think I'd just tell her that the meeting doesn't start until ____ PM and right now is your time to concentrate & get everything finalized for the meeting. That you are glad that she's excited to be there, but that you were not expecting anyone to show up this early and really need the quiet time right before the meeting to do your last minute prep and gather your thoughts so that you can give them the best training possible.

I agree with Sheila...either that or ask her to do some housework!

Yeah, hand her the vac and the toilet brush!

Sandi

Did she get the time wrong or just come early because she wanted to?

Have her use the time to make customer care calls. Doesn't have her customer list with her? Then she can call people that are in her phone to drum up some business. Give her a challenge: ...book 3 shows and get one recruit lead before the others get there.

Beth I love your suggestion. After being in my "office" down stairs and she was at my kitchen table alone for a little while she decided to leave and come back. I felt bad, but at the same time I really didn't want her to stay.

sandilou2 said:
Yeah, hand her the vac and the toilet brush!

Sandi

Well if she's cleaning, she can stay all week. :happyforyou::roflmao:

if you had wanted to be her best friend you would have sought her out! don't feel bad.. it's on her not you! Who sits around for 2 hours before they are having people over to their house doing nothing... no one! We are all running around frantic getting ready

LOL how weird....it's 5:45...my meeting starts at 7 and one person just showed up! She takes the bus and our bus routes can be iffy so it's not really her fault...just too funny this happened today after yours!

Maybe it's an epidemic. I had one show up an hour early this morning. I suggested she do errands... no go. I was just out of the shower in a towel when the bell rang. I thought it might be fedex but nope...

She INSISTED that HER FB invitation said 9am. (While everyone else's said 10am?) And then accused me of changing it! LOL!

Be grateful that they show up. My ED was in town last week and it was embarassing how many people did not attend, reply, etc. The first night there was one of my directors (it was held at her house) and one of my newer consultants. Night 2 was the same director from night 1, another downline director and me. We had 2 guests show up.

Next week I am holding new consultant training/refresher and I am sending personal invitations to the local crowd. I hope we get SOMETHING...a pulse would be good!! I am grateful that my personal team has been spot on for several months and we have qualified for AD or D at the very least. But how long are they going to stay interested?

Mine were all late :) Does anyone have a good response to "oh and by the way I am not going to make it tonight (esp when you know from facebook they made other plans) I feel like I could say something better than "we will miss you!" but don't want to sound snarky either.

I have started confronting people with "please do me a favor, I spend a lot of my time and money putting together meetings. Please don't commit to things with me that you are not going to follow throught with" it has put and end to all of the flakey people. They know of they RSVP they are expected to show up, if not I will call them out and i might even do it on the team FB page. This is a business. I treat it as such and I will not accept rudeness. Fine if they want to have a hobby but don't disrespect me

Related to Omg Teammember Shows up 2 Hrs. Early!

1. Why did my team member show up 2 hours early?

There could be a variety of reasons why your team member showed up 2 hours early. They may have mistaken the start time of their shift, or they may have received incorrect information about their schedule. It's also possible that they wanted to get a head start on their work or had an urgent matter to attend to.

2. Is it okay for my team member to show up 2 hours early?

It depends on your company's policies and the nature of your team member's job. Some companies may allow employees to start their shift early if they have completed their required tasks or if there is an urgent need for them to do so. However, it's important to communicate with your team member to ensure that their early arrival does not disrupt the workflow or cause any issues.

3. Should I pay my team member for the extra 2 hours?

If your team member is a salaried employee, then they will most likely not be compensated for the extra 2 hours unless they have worked more than their usual number of hours for that week. However, if your team member is an hourly employee, then you may need to pay them for the extra 2 hours, depending on your company's policies and any applicable labor laws.

4. How should I handle my team member's early arrival?

If your team member's early arrival does not cause any issues, then there may not be a need to address it. However, if their early arrival is causing disruptions or if it is against company policy, then you should address it with your team member in a professional manner. You can discuss the reason for their early arrival and come up with a solution that works for both parties.

5. What can I do to prevent my team member from showing up 2 hours early in the future?

To prevent your team member from showing up 2 hours early in the future, you can review and clarify their work schedule with them. Make sure to communicate any changes to their schedule in a timely manner. Additionally, you can also remind them to adhere to company policies and procedures regarding work hours and punctuality. Open communication and clear expectations can help prevent any confusion or misunderstandings in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TinasKitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
TinasKitchen
  • flemings99
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefkathy