• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Official Discussion of New Fb Policy

Independent Consultantstatus with The Pampered Chef®.There are a lot of restrictions on what you can and can't do with your PWS on Social Media, but the main thing to remember is to make sure you are being clear that you are not an employee of PC and that you are an Independent Consultant.
PampChefJoy said:
I must have mine set to search "all" things...

I'm so glad you got a good definitive answer Noora. thanks for being the squeaky wheel!

The initial search, when you just type in the box at top, searches "all" and then gives you a few results in each. Then there are links that you can click that say "Show more People" or "Show more groups" etc.

I don't mind being the squeaky wheel. I didn't want to set something up, and invite my customers, only to be told I have to take it down. That'll end up reflecting badly on me, as well as PC.

NooraK said:
Yes, that part is not true. When you do a search, you can then choose what you're searching for: People, pages, the web etc.

But the bottom line is, it's OK to have a Page, and it doesn't need to be private.

Right - you choose when you're searching to choose by person or by page.

I'm excited to learn more about using my Page to benefit my business, and my hosts and customers!

You know, I can't define the search when I search on my cell phone browser... it must default to all types of profiles/pages, because I don't get the little extra links to do different things (kinda like how you can't specify posting to a certain group on mobile). That's probably why I saw Becky's personal and fan page both.

I'm excited about the Fan page usage because I can now develop fan splash pages to be used in the FMBL tabs for you to use. Specials, recipes, etc, ready to copy/paste!

PampChefJoy said:
You know, I can't define the search when I search on my cell phone browser... it must default to all types of profiles/pages, because I don't get the little extra links to do different things (kinda like how you can't specify posting to a certain group on mobile). That's probably why I saw Becky's personal and fan page both.

I'm excited about the Fan page usage because I can now develop fan splash pages to be used in the FMBL tabs for you to use. Specials, recipes, etc, ready to copy/paste!

When we were at conference, and people in my cluster were trying to FB on their phones, they had different things they couldn't do that you can do on a computer.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to Noora for getting written clarification.

"I didn't want to set something up, and invite my customers, only to be told I have to take it down. That'll end up reflecting badly on me, as well as PC." That was my concern as well (for myself and all of us here on CS).

I think I am going to re-take the online training courses again and see if I can figure out how to set everything up on Facebook the way Pampered Chef wants us to...as far as the groups, etc are concerned. I really want to set up a separate profile because I think that is definitely the easiest (at least for me), but I am just to nervous about the risk of having it deleted. Between the groups and pages, I am just to confused to figure out which one is best to do, or what's even allowed. Why can't we just be told..."this is what you need to do" LOL!!!

pampered2007 said:
I think I am going to re-take the online training courses again and see if I can figure out how to set everything up on Facebook the way Pampered Chef wants us to...as far as the groups, etc are concerned. I really want to set up a separate profile because I think that is definitely the easiest (at least for me), but I am just to nervous about the risk of having it deleted. Between the groups and pages, I am just to confused to figure out which one is best to do, or what's even allowed. Why can't we just be told..."this is what you need to do" LOL!!!

There have been several people who have contacted HO and been told that a Fan Page is fine, and doesn't have to be set as private.

After creating a page on Facebook... how do you go about announcing it to friends??

Quick question...how do you "share" a video and/or a link from The Pampered Chef official page to your fan page? I click share and it goes to my personal profile and not my fan page.

If the video is on YouTube, you can go to the YouTube page of the video, copy the URL, and then post that onto your Fan page.

Thank you!

Thanks for this, Nora...this will certainly enhance the awareness of policy for all consultants. Oh, and we cannot create a business page for our PC business either.

sharpechef said:
Thanks for this, Nora...this will certainly enhance the awareness of policy for all consultants. Oh, and we cannot create a business page for our PC business either.

Leslie, where did you see that we are unable to create a business page for our PC business? I ask because in the online training courses, I never heard them say that specifically (though I could have missed it) and Noora specifically asked that of Home Office and was told that we could. So I am wondering if you got some other information we are unaware of. I am still wanting to make a business page for PC, but I don't want to have to delete it later...

They have recently updated a LOT of the pages so don't feel bad for not being able to find what you are looking for.

The logos are under the promoting & building your business tab.

In the training it says that you cannot have TWO facebook pages; that if FB finds out, they'll close it out.

In the training it says that you cannot have TWO facebook pages; that if FB finds out, they'll close it out.

You CAN create a fan page though that is hooked to your regular account. They are for two different purposes - and when you go in to do a URL, FB actually divides them up for you so that you can have a different URL for each page.

ChefBeckyD said:
You CAN create a fan page though that is hooked to your regular account. They are for two different purposes - and when you go in to do a URL, FB actually divides them up for you so that you can have a different URL for each page.

Right, a business page is not a sparate profile, thus not a violation of FB policy.

I went through all 3 training classes, but can't remember something and I'm not able to go in and skip through to wherever I think the answer is.
So...here's my question: Somewhere in the training they said how to get The Pampered Chef tips to post to your page so your friends can see them, too. Is there a way to do it besides copy/paste?

When they post something, click on "share" (near comment and like) and you will be able to either post it to your profile or email it to your friends.

Hmmmm. I only have "Comment" and "Like"...no Share. I wonder if I need to change a setting somewhere?

Have you "liked" the PC page? I believe you have to "like" the page before you can share its contents, but I could be wrong...

Yes...I "liked" them at conference :)

I am not seeing the share button either and I was like #820 who "liked" them (at conference). I had trouble finding the website on my phone. lol

Wait...sorry....I know what the problem is. You can't "share" their status updates, but if you go to the "Specials" tab, you can "share" the posts from there. HTH and sorry for the confusion!

Okay another question. I have a FB profile that I have had for years. I also started a page just for PC, CK Hall, Independent Consultant and Trainer for The Pampered Chef...so in essence, I have two..one personal and one for PC. Is this okay?

CK

Technically, (according to FB) no. FB only allows you to have one profile per their terms of use. However, there are lots of people who have more than one and haven't had any problems. Just be aware that FB can technically close one (or both) of your profiles at their discretion for violating their terms of use. I know of a few people who have had them shut down because of maintaining multiple profiles, and others who have never had a problem.

Just went to FB and here is their policy so I think I am okay. One is for me personally CK Hall, profile. The other is a page: CK Hall, Independent Consultant and Trainer for The Pampered Chef.

Profiles represent individuals and must be held under an individual name, while Pages allow an organization, business, celebrity, or band to maintain a professional presence on Facebook. You may only create Facebook Pages to represent real organizations of which you are an authorized representative.

In addition, Pages are managed by admins who have personal Facebook profiles. Pages are not separate Facebook accounts and do not have separate login information from your profile. They are merely different entities on our site, similar to how Groups and Events function. Once you have set up a Page within your profile, you may add other admins to help you manage this Page. People who choose to connect to your Page won't be able to see that you are the Page admin or have any access to your personal account.

Right, I thought you meant you had two profiles, which is what I mentioned in my previous post. But it is absolutely okay to have a profile and a page. Sorry, I guess I misunderstood your post. :rolleyes:

if you have a profile and page you are ok. An easy way to think about it is yjay you can only have one login into facebook. that login allows you to create a single profile and multiple pages and groups. If you have a second email address with a second password and need to log out of your personal profile and login again for your business page you are technically in violation.

<H2>1. What changes have been made to the Facebook/Social Networking Policy?</H2><p>According to the updated Marketing, Advertising, and Publicity Policies (starting on page 35), there have been changes made to the Social Networking section (starting on page 40). These changes include guidelines for using social media to promote Pampered Chef products and the inclusion of PWS links in social media posts.</p><H2>2. Can I use social media to advertise Pampered Chef products?</H2><p>Yes, the new policy allows for the use of social media to advertise Pampered Chef products, as long as it is done in compliance with the guidelines outlined in the Social Networking section of the policy.</p><H2>3. Can I include my PWS link in my social media posts?</H2><p>Yes, the updated policy now allows for the inclusion of PWS links in social media posts. However, it is important to follow the guidelines provided and not use social media solely for the purpose of promoting your PWS.</p><H2>4. Are there any restrictions on how I can promote Pampered Chef on social media?</H2><p>Yes, there are guidelines in place to ensure that Pampered Chef is represented in a positive and professional manner on social media. This includes not engaging in negative or controversial discussions and not using social media solely for the purpose of promoting Pampered Chef products.</p><H2>5. Where can I find the full policy for using social media as a Pampered Chef consultant?</H2><p>The full policy for social media usage can be found in the Marketing, Advertising, and Publicity Policies (starting on page 35) of the Consultant Policy Guide document, which can be accessed on the Pampered Chef website under the "Resources" section.</p>

1. What changes have been made to the Facebook/Social Networking Policy?

According to the updated Marketing, Advertising, and Publicity Policies (starting on page 35), there have been changes made to the Social Networking section (starting on page 40). These changes include guidelines for using social media to promote Pampered Chef products and the inclusion of PWS links in social media posts.

2. Can I use social media to advertise Pampered Chef products?

Yes, the new policy allows for the use of social media to advertise Pampered Chef products, as long as it is done in compliance with the guidelines outlined in the Social Networking section of the policy.

3. Can I include my PWS link in my social media posts?

Yes, the updated policy now allows for the inclusion of PWS links in social media posts. However, it is important to follow the guidelines provided and not use social media solely for the purpose of promoting your PWS.

4. Are there any restrictions on how I can promote Pampered Chef on social media?

Yes, there are guidelines in place to ensure that Pampered Chef is represented in a positive and professional manner on social media. This includes not engaging in negative or controversial discussions and not using social media solely for the purpose of promoting Pampered Chef products.

5. Where can I find the full policy for using social media as a Pampered Chef consultant?

The full policy for social media usage can be found in the Marketing, Advertising, and Publicity Policies (starting on page 35) of the Consultant Policy Guide document, which can be accessed on the Pampered Chef website under the "Resources" section.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • almondfarm