• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help Save a Family Through Donating Marriott Points?

In summary, Mike Edwards is an old family friend of mine, and is in fight for his life. He has a rare form of leukemia, and the doctors told him initially he had 1 year to live. He never thought he would live to see his daughter go to school. She is now 4, and through recent treatment discoveries at a hospital near me in the Chicago area(he lives downstate) he is going to have a bone marrow transplant, and they are increasing his survival chances to 60-70%. By "coincidence" the hotel he will be recouperating at is right down the street from where I live. I believe it is God ordained. Anyways, right now the main need there is is to
mrssyvo
This is not PC related, but I am putting a call out to all of my fellow cheffers. This is a sort of drawn out story, I will just give the condensed version, but I have also attached the press release, so you can read it, and then spread the word out if you feel inclined. Mike Edwards is an old family friend of mine, and is in fight for his life. He has a rare form of leukemia, and the doctors told him initially he had 1 year to live. He never thought he would live to see his daughter go to school. She is now 4, and through recent treatment discoveries at a hospital near me in the Chicago area(he lives downstate) he is going to have a bone marrow transplant, and they are increasing his survival chances to 60-70% !!!. By "coincidence" the hotel he will be recouperating at is right down the street from where I live. I believe it is God ordained. Anyways, right now the main need there is is to collect "Marriott Points" the attachment explains it, which will enable Mike and Kelly to stay at the hotel free of charge. Please spread the word if you feel led. I am heading up a team here in Lombard to minister to Mike and Kelly while they are "honorary" Lombard residents. Mike will be in isolation about 4 months, and they will be away from their church home and family. They will also be away from their daughter Mikkenzi. Mike will not be able to see her at all, except by computer video, and Kelly will be able to see her, when Mikkenzi is staying here with me, weeks at a time. Also, go to beehappidesigns.com and look at Mikkenzi's artwork. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of her artwork is going to the family to help cover costs. I am also doing a PC fundraiser, and donating all of my commission. I am sorry this was so long, but it takes awhile to explain it all. The main need right now is to get the word out about the Marriott Points (see flyer) Thank you in any way you can.

Attachments

• 2007 Mike Edwards Marriot Point43.ZIP
    124.1 KB · Views: 198
I do not want this to get buriedI was not sure if the reason there was no response to this was because it got buried in posts, or that no one read it, so I bumped it. If it does not apply, that is fine, but please pray for this family.

I did read it and sorry that I can not help. No Marriott points. Tried to think if I knew anyone to pass it along to but no luck. :( .
Saying a prayer for them.

Glad you bumped this up because I missed it earlier. I don't have any points either but will pray for this family. You are a good friend.

Have they talked with the Marriott where they will be staying? Something along this line is usually good pr for them and they might want to help out more.Sorry, I don't have any Marriott points - I don't travel that much.

Yes, we are contact with them- they are working closely with the family regarding this.

I'll be praying too. My SIL and family live in Lombard. Can you get the local media involved?

I am contacting the newspapers. I am having lunch with a friend tomorrow who works for the local paper, and I have a call in to the regional one.

I don't have Marriott points, only prayers to offer.

What is "O/T- Please Help if You Can"?

"O/T- Please Help if You Can" is a common phrase used in online forums or groups to indicate that the post or question being asked is off-topic or unrelated to the main topic of the forum. It is a way for the poster to ask for help or advice on a personal matter without disrupting the flow of the main conversation.

Why do people use "O/T- Please Help if You Can"?

People use this phrase to make it clear that their post is not related to the main topic of the forum and to avoid derailing the discussion. It helps keep the forum organized and on-topic while still allowing members to seek support or advice from the community on non-related matters.

Can I post anything under "O/T- Please Help if You Can"?

While most forums allow for off-topic discussions under the "O/T- Please Help if You Can" label, it is always best to check the forum's rules or guidelines to ensure that your post is appropriate. Some forums may have specific guidelines for off-topic posts or may not allow them at all.

Is "O/T- Please Help if You Can" only used for personal matters?

Not necessarily. While it is commonly used for personal matters, it can also be used for seeking help or advice on non-work-related topics such as hobbies, travel, or general life questions. However, it is always best to check the forum's guidelines or ask a moderator if you are unsure if your post is appropriate under "O/T- Please Help if You Can".

What is the proper etiquette for responding to "O/T- Please Help if You Can" posts?

It is always best to be respectful and considerate when responding to "O/T- Please Help if You Can" posts. Avoid judgmental or dismissive comments and offer helpful advice or support. Remember that the poster is seeking help and may be vulnerable, so be kind and understanding in your response.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefKrisB
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chefjeanine
  • General Chat
Replies