• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Non Bouncing Shakers and Ice Buckets

In summary, a customer from HO called to discuss quality issues with their Martini Shaker and their ice bucket. They found that normal usage would include hand washing and bumps, but because of a thread on Matini Shakers Don't Bounce, the item had been carefully wrapped. When they were at Ethan Allen, they were embarrassed when a scratch wasn't there when they packed the item. The catalog states the item is a durable plastic, but many people are having issues with scratches. HO is replacing the customer's bucket and Holly's table that was bumped.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
W-O-W!! HO R-O-C-K-S!! I called HO today and explained about my scratched Ice bucket. I said I really think it is a quality issue because normal usage will include hand washing and bumps, but because of the Matini Shakers Don't Bounce thread I had carefully wrapped my item. When I was at Ethan Allen I was emabarrassed by the scratch that hadn't been there when I packed it that morning. I said the catalog states it is a durable plastic. I feel like if something is durable it shouldn't easily scratch and I wonder why so many people are having issues. I went into detail. They are replacing my bucket.

I also spoke to her about Holly's table being bumped and the shaker falling probably 3.5 feet and breaking. That is apart of normal life. I would expect a glass item to shatter, but not a durable plastic item. I can understand if the item was over my head 5-6 feet up and fell being misuse. But, a shaker will be shaken and lots of times with wet hands. Are we supposed to say use only in bed? I feel like it is a quality issue that needs to be dealt with by HO. She said Holly should call in and take that approach. WAHOO.

About 2 hours ago some guy from HO's product quality department called...I can't believe I didn't write his name down. He asked me about Holly's Martini Shaker and the call I made on Friday. He didn't know that since then I had called PC about my scratched Ice Bucket.

Well. Well. Well.

It was great! I had him at my mercy! Heheheheheh!

Actually, we spoke about the height issue and misuse. Shaking vs throwing. Dropping/falling from 3.5 ft to falling from 5 and 6 ft in storage. And the word Durable. Glass would not be labled durable, and that Plastic should be durable in normal situations.

Tips:
Never wash these items in the dishwasher. Natural abrassions will occur from the detergent.
Don't use metal ice tongs or spoons w/these items because you'll get scratches.
Call PC if you have scratches(not by stoneware or improper storage while driving) or reasonable breaks from slippage or bumps.
Misuse includes high falls from storage.

Then I asked him about the word Misuse. That would include the stone that is placed on a hot burner or under the broiler. It does not mean the every day activies. I asked should we tell guests to wear rubber gloves before using the shaker because their we hands might cause it to slip and break? I felt that using a plastic container was supposed to take the fear of shattering away. I agreed that our warranty on glassware is justified. He agreed that we should be able to use the barware products without fear of scatches or breaking. He was taking notes of my suggestions. I was disappointed that I was not asked to send in my old bucket. He said they will look into the quality. He suggested that the dots pattern may make it weaker...???

That is when we started talking about the metal tongs scratching the bucket which lead to me talking about my scratched trifle dish that I still love. I asked for some high quality pretty plastic serving spoons.

Then I asked for a smaller DCB because if a huge percentage of the population is cooking for 2 or less than we need to have a product for them. Sometimes I want to make 2 chicken breasts, but using the DCB leaves too much empty space. We discussed this for awhile. Cool.

Then I asked for the lid to the DCB to be a replacement part. I had 3 people interested in the DCB at Ethan Allen until one asked could she buy a lid if the 1st broke. She wasn't impressed with the 3yr warranty. Could she get one if it broke? I had asked her what she would be willing to pay for a lid since the combo was almost $70? $20-$25? She seemed to think that was fair. I told the guy from HO that there is no other vessel that is similar in size that would work with the lid if it was purchased as a replacement part. So, why won't HO sell it as an incentive to encourage our guests into buying this item. He said he was taking notes...we will see.

I was so excited that he took so much time with me. A few times he asked me to repeat my suggestions so he could make sure that they were written down correctly.

So, I realised a few things. The days of saying Unconditional Lifetime Warranty are gone. I never understood how they could do that anyway. But, our warranty for everyday living isn't always cut and dry either. Misuse needs to be dealt with on an individual basis. Consultants and customers need to know that the company wants us to be happy and not distrustful of the PC brand. I'll be teaching everyone to really read the use and care, but still call me if they need help with their warranty replacement before giving up.

I also realised that this company still really Rocks!! That was awesome!

Actually I called in and got it replaced this morning. Had another issue (a mysterious wrong item came to me, gotta love that!), so I after I took care of it, and knew I had a nice rep on the line, I asked, and she said they would send one. I told them I was surprised it wasn't durable, and she said she would make a note in their system.

That's really cool that he did that!

Elaine, I'm glad you got to talk with him. I love the idea of a smaller DCB and making the lid a replacement part.

Holly, I'm thrilled that you got your shaker replaced!! PC Rocks!!

A smaller DCB would solve so many issues for customers...me, too. I keep forgetting to ask if they have a standard sized microwave or dorm sized:( Then I end up baking my recipe which defeats the purpose on my dinner in no time show...:)

My MIL dropped her trifle bowl on concrete and it didn't break. Now it wasn't a full drop and we basically "caught" it but it still hit! So a plastic item should be a little better built.

So, the Trifle bowl is sturdier than the Ice Bucket. Let's prove it! Anyone up for a scientific experiment? I have an extra Ice bucket... :)

just kidding...really...(in case big brother is watching)

I've had a prep bowl fall off of a table and onto a paved road, and bounce/roll quite aways. It barely had a scratch! But not willing to sacrifice a Trifle bowl (although I have 2), or my ice bucket. :D

It's insane at how durable the Batter Bowls are compared to the plastic. I still have my original one...and it fell on a concrete porch...and rolled...not shattered.

I still have my original "old style" BB lid, and it's still in really good shape, nice flexible plastic.

For my new ones (one I earned/got in kit, I've replaced lid about 5 times. I also just did replacement part order and ordered 3 of each size, so I've got on hand to give to customers (if they fit:eek:) when they come broke.

I had a lid in the box once, it would NOT fit the BB, not matter what I did. I ran it under my sink HOT water and tried to stretch it over, no go.

A consultant or especially a customer SHOULD NOT have to do that!!

I hope shaker problems get worked out as I know I've got people who will want.

Lisa

You need to call HO about the lid. I've replaced the lids for a few customers, but didn't know there was a change. They can't fix it if they don't know there is an issue.

You totally rock Elaine! Those are the conversations with HO that impact all of us. Thank you!

legacypc46 said:
You totally rock Elaine! Those are the conversations with HO that impact all of us. Thank you!

I agree 100% - thank you Elaine!

Thanks Elaine for your post and conversations with HO. I have customers that want the DCB but it is too big for their microwave and would prefer a smaller version. I am sure we could sell quite a few if we carried them. The product is great and we target every bracket of family size. I hope it comes to be down the pike!

It feels great hearing your appreciation!! Thank you!! I love this company and it's consultants!!!

You need to call HO about the lid. I've replaced the lids for a few customers, but didn't know there was a change. They can't fix it if they don't know there is an issue.

I have TONS of times, each and every time I do another adjustment I call and make comments, I've emailed.

I've even had customers who've got old lids and then order another and call and complain with how they don't like new lids.

Lisa

PS,
Elaine thanks for calling and getting somewhere on this!!

What are "Non Bouncing Shakers and Ice Buckets"?

"Non Bouncing Shakers and Ice Buckets" are specially designed kitchen tools from Pampered Chef that are made with a unique material that prevents them from bouncing or sliding around while in use. This makes them great for mixing and serving drinks or for keeping ice cold while entertaining.

Are these products safe to use in the dishwasher?

Yes, both the Non Bouncing Shakers and Ice Buckets are safe to use in the dishwasher. However, we recommend placing them on the top rack to ensure they do not get damaged or lose their non-bouncing capabilities.

Can the Non Bouncing Shakers be used for hot beverages?

No, these shakers are not suitable for use with hot beverages. The material used to make them is not heat resistant and may deform or melt if used with hot liquids. They are specifically designed for cold drinks only.

Do the Ice Buckets come in different sizes?

Yes, our Ice Buckets are available in two sizes - small (1.5 qt) and large (2.5 qt). This allows you to choose the perfect size for your needs, whether you are hosting a small gathering or a larger event.

Do the Non Bouncing Shakers and Ice Buckets come with a warranty?

Yes, both products come with a limited lifetime warranty. If you experience any issues with your shaker or ice bucket, please contact our customer service team for assistance with a replacement or refund.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
patty42240
  • Melissa78
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • dawn424383