• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well,

In summary, you need to install P3, and then when you're ready to use it, uninstall it and re-install it. After you install it, you need to import your data from the old program.
smarteez2
Gold Member
Ok I am one of those people that has not switced to P3 yet. What is involved in the whole process? Can I install it and still have my PP information on the computer, does it override it so to speak? Once it is installed how do I get the information from PP to P3? Is this enough questions yet? Can you tell I am nervous? HELP :confused:

Scared to death of it! Only because my upline said that if you use customer contact "don't do it until they work the bugs out!" She's a Nat. Exec. Dir, she would know! I did try unsuccessfully to put it on my hubby's computer. However, all my downline is doing it and loving it! I'll have to try soon...

You can install it and play around with it. Until you submit a show with it, you don't HAVE to use it.The ONLY time you can move data from the old program to the new is when you install.So what you'll want to do:1. install and play with it.
2. when you're ready to use it, uninstall it.
3. re-install it, importing all the data from the old program.make sense? Good luck! :)

You can be running both on the same computer. When you install P3, there is a step to import data from your PP backup (so make sure it's super-recent). There is no other way to import PP data, so if you install P3 to play with it and continue to use PP, you'll need to uninstall P3 then reinstall it.

I'm one of those SCARED to use it still! I haven't even loaded it to look at it and play around! I am waiting until they make it mandatory or have all the capabilities on P3 as they do on PP!

Thanks all you all rock!!

You can still keep PP on your computer to use as a reference. Even if you import your info on to P3 it will not wipe out PP. They are different programs.

We get updates at least once a week on P3 and submitting shows, supply orders, etc are very easy once you see how it works. They have a start up guide to show you how to do it and it is great!

Don't be afraid to try it out! The biggest thing is that not all of our reports are there yet. They have improved so much on contacts already!

Before you install it, check that you have enough RAM in your computer. I don't, so it's really slow to start up (but there was no word from HO about how much was recommended until someone from here asked them). On your desktop, there's a "My Computer" icon. Right-click it, and select Properties. Near the bottom of the "General" tab, it should indicate your RAM. It'll run better if that number is 512MB or more.

I love how knowledgable you are Ann! BTW, what is that pic of in your avatar? Are you chiquita banana or something?

That's me in my Carmen Miranda costume. I wore it at a meeting last week to prepare the Island Breeze Rum Cake. :) One of the Execs at the meeting took pics and was planning to send them to HO.

ok everytime I try to download it gets to the part right after it ask if this is you and then had 3 things listed to update. It always says it cant do it at the application update section. WTH?

There's a bug in some of the installations that cause that. Call Tech Support. They'll want the log file (they'll tell you where it is and who to email it to), and then they'll direct you to a specific address to download the updates.

Thanks Chefann, You are great!! I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow then. :(

chefann said:
That's me in my Carmen Miranda costume. I wore it at a meeting last week to prepare the Island Breeze Rum Cake. :) One of the Execs at the meeting took pics and was planning to send them to HO.
Oh how cute, do you wear it to shows to when you do that recipe? LOL:p

heat123 said:
Oh how cute, do you wear it to shows to when you do that recipe? LOL:p
I haven't actually done that recipe at a show. And I probably wouldn't wear it for a regular show anyway. I think it would scare people off. Like the stereotypical over-the-top "company name here" lady. BUT if I had a fun mega show or a repeat group who knew me, I might wear it.

I think it would be cute and would go over well~ if you really knew the crowd! :)

Ok I have finally figured out how to download it but before I trasfer data one question......when I import my old stuff to PP+ willl ALL of it go? COntacts old shows business expenses etc? And since they are both 2 independant programs I can still keep PP on my laptop right? Ok that was more than 1 question. TYIA

Cynthia:

Everything that can go to P3 at the moment will go. You can still keep PP wherever you currently have it. They are two independent programs so you can still go back to reference anything prior to you using P3. Hope this helps you out.

I tried to install P3 on my computer but was not able to. I have an older computer and have Windows ME. You have to have Windows XP or Vista to run P3. I didn't think my computer was that outdated, but I guess it is!

Related to No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well,

1. What is "No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well,"?

"No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well," is a phrase commonly used in online forums or discussion boards as a way to introduce a topic that may not fit into a specific category or may not be directly related to the main discussion.

2. Why do people use the phrase "No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well,"?

People use this phrase to acknowledge that their post may not be in the most appropriate place, but they still want to share their thoughts or ask a question. It can also be used as a way to apologize in advance if their post is not relevant or if it causes any confusion.

3. Is it okay to use the phrase "No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well,"?

Yes, it is okay to use this phrase in online forums or discussion boards. It is a common way for people to start a discussion on a topic that may not have a specific category or may not be directly related to the main discussion.

4. Can I use "No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well," in a professional setting?

It is not recommended to use this phrase in a professional setting, such as in a work email or presentation. It is more commonly used in casual online conversations.

5. Are there any alternatives to using the phrase "No Sure if This Should Go Here but Oh Well,"?

Yes, some alternatives to this phrase could be "Not sure where to post this, but..." or "I'm not sure if this is the right place, but...". These alternatives still convey the same message of uncertainty but may sound more professional or formal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bexs50
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • chefann
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Dianneskitchen
  • missymssy