• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

P3 Flash Drive Glitches: Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks

In summary, I have recently made the switch to P3 and have had a few glitches, but nothing to pull my hair out about. I have submitted 4 shows using it. My only problem is saving it to a jump drive and then updating it on another computer. When I tell P3 to save to the disk it saves, but when I try to open it the icon is not a zip and a message comes up saying it does not know how to open the file and I either have to go online to do it or choose a file. I have read the training doc
byrd1956
Gold Member
I have recently made the switch to P3 and have had a few glitches, but nothing to pull my hair out about. I have submitted 4 show using it. My only problem is saving it to a jump drive and then updating it on another computer. W/PP it saved to the disk and was easy to update (the icon for it shows a zip file). When I tell P3 to save to the disk it saves, but when I try to open it the icon is not a zip and a message comes up saying it does not know how to open the file and I either have to go online to do it or choose a file. I have read the training doc from conf. and looked for more info. in P3 and CS, but have not found any help, yet.
So, what am I doing wrong?

You don't have to open from your flash drive every time. P3 saves itself on your computer, the flash drive is just a back up just in case your computer crashes.

I understand that, but I am saving on 2 computers. The laptop I take to shows and our desktop. When I work on the desktop I then update the laptop and vise versa. Since the P3 didn't save on the flash drive so I can open it I would think that would be a problem if I ever had to put it back on after a crash. Anyone else go between computers?

P3 does save to a flash drive. Just tell it to when you click on "backup"--just like any other windows application. Here's a hint: when you save it to your jump drive call it that day's date for the file name (for instance name it "backup112908 if you save it today) so that when you go to restore it you pick the right one. Then when you hit restore on your other computer you know which file to pick to restore. Does that make sense? if not, PM me and I'll send you step by step instructions. I use a laptop and a desktop all the time. It can be confusing at first and then the first time you do it it's a breeze after that.

Thank you for the questions and instructions. I was able to do exactly what I wanted with my new flash drive.

What is the P3 Flash Drive?

The P3 Flash Drive is a USB storage device that is specifically designed for use with the Pampered Chef P3 Smart Cooker. It allows you to easily transfer recipes and cooking instructions from your computer to the P3 Smart Cooker.

How do I use the P3 Flash Drive?

To use the P3 Flash Drive, simply insert it into the USB port on your computer. Then, follow the instructions on the P3 Smart Cooker to transfer the recipes and cooking instructions from the flash drive to the cooker.

Can I transfer my own recipes to the P3 Flash Drive?

Yes, you can transfer your own recipes to the P3 Flash Drive as long as they are in a compatible format. The P3 Smart Cooker supports PDF, Word, and Excel files, so make sure your recipes are saved in one of these formats before transferring them to the flash drive.

Can I use the P3 Flash Drive to store other files?

The P3 Flash Drive is specifically designed for use with the P3 Smart Cooker and is not recommended for storing other files. It is best to use a separate USB storage device for any other files you may want to save.

Do I need to purchase the P3 Flash Drive separately?

No, the P3 Flash Drive is included with the purchase of the P3 Smart Cooker. It is not sold separately. If you need a replacement flash drive, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCMelissa
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
thecougchef
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Shawnna